No announcement yet.

Pets / Animals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He looks amazing! I would have guessed that he was a young cat!
    sigpic

Comment

• Five days ago, I posted this in the weather thread:
      We kept it dry today! We made a short hike before dinner. We spotted a black domestic bunny, dumped by people. We tried to catch but it was too quick for us. I hope it will adapt - it happens sometimes but rarely. It is a good spot for rabbits (enough food and good ground), but I doubt it will survive. I guess it will become a pray for a bird of pray or a dog.
      Well, yesterday we went to the same place and spotted the same rabbit again. We were just resting and eating apples when it came out of the bushes coming closer to us. I offered it an apple which he immediately started to gnaw on. After petting it a bit carefully I could grab him. Poor thing, skinny and dehydrated with ticks and fleas. I took it with us at home, and after some calling around I found a rabbit shelter nearby I could bring it to. The woman who run the shelter is a professional and really has a great heart and love for these animals. If all goes well he will get a good home in not a too long time (along with a female). She would keep me up to date about the rabbit.
      Last edited by Adventure; 04-11-2010, 18:34:46.
      Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• Awww, good for you, Adventure! I'm glad you were able to save the rabbit.
        sigpic

Comment

• Yes, me too. It bothered me I didn't succeed to catch it the first time.
          Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• If there's one thing I hate,it's people that abuse or dump their animals (& I hunt!).About 20 miles from here there's an area that people use to dump their unwanted puppies & kittens.If they're not eaten by hawks,owls or coyotes they can grow up to be feral.Feral cats can do emormous damage to local small mammal,bird & reptile populations,feral dogs are dangerous since they have no fear of humans & run in packs.Hunger & no fear is a bad combination.They can also carry rabies & bubonic plague (yes,the Black Death,it does still occur in parts of the world such as in the American Southwest).

I've shot several feral dogs & cats in my neighborhood,it's not my favorite thing to do,I'd rather shoot the lowlife mouth-breather that left the poor animal to fend for itself.
            "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• We have a new dog! As we just found out this morning when we took her in the get fixed & shots,she's mostly American Labrador,we didn't even know there were different types,we've had Labs before.American Labs are thinner overall,with a pointier head.Her coat is short (we prefer short-hair dogs out here in the high desert) but very soft. Right now she's 34 lbs (15.5 kg) but they can get up to 120 lbs (54 kg),we hope she don't get quite that big!

How did we get her? Well,we're now complicit in a crime,dog stealing.But considering that our friends had watched this guy starve,abuse & neglect his dogs,we feel we did the right thing.She showed up at our friend's house Sunday,starved & scared,so they called us & came over with her since the #@&%$ had left her & another dog with no food or water for 3-4 days while he went camping.

She's still a bit skiitish,but very sweet & seems very intelligent,she's already learned how to use the dog door & after a couple of small accidents (we keep stuff around for that & the carpet's getting old anyways) it looks like she's already learned to do her business outside,we have 2.5 acres so no need to walk her.

It's nice having a pet again after a year of being critter-less

My camera just died so pics'll have to wait 'til I get a new one
              "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• And now for something completely different

2 minutes of hummingbirds at our house.There's black-chinned,rufous,ruby throat & broad tail & we just saw a male & female calliope the other day,they're much rarer on this side of the mountains.

Hummingbirds only live in the Americas,the early European explorers first thought they were large insects.They're the only birds that can hover (raptors e.g. hawks,eagles,vultures etc don't "hover" they kite which is basically gliding) & fly backwards.They're the most agressive of all birds,they fight constantly.
                Last edited by Frantic Freddie; 08-04-2010, 17:24:07. Reason: edit

Mark Twain

Comment

• Pets / An

More Dead Animals: Birds, Fish and Crabs?
                  إٌëè نهëà èنٍَ ïëîُî يه ُîنè ٌ يèىè.

Comment

• Pets / Animals

Hello all I am giving friendly advice on keeping rats as pets. The little buggers are cute, furry and extremely intelligent. They are loving and will be your friend to the end... however their lifespan is not that long. They are one of the hardiest animals out there, they dont take up much space, are very clean, and cost MAYBE 5 a month to maintain They are truely amazing little creatures that can be litter trained, and taught a variety of tricks.. including how to escape from their cage, so be careful. I love my pet rat, Tobin. Anyone else have a rat friend?

Comment

• This was truly and still is my most favourite chat in this forum. Here it started for real. The connections with great people.

Now off to start looking for that cat and cow and milker pic I posted or someone else.. Just want to find it. Just 65 pages.. that is not too much. Just getting a stupid error pop up every now and then..

"Invalid server response.

Please try again."

should address to this and maybe help to fix it. Hey hey everything is just perfect and falls into place as a perfect puzzle, even my spontanious decision to come here. Didn't even plan to post this. And it all started with Mimi, my cat. I was taking out the milk out to the fridge, for my first morning coffee, she wanted too, but it was too cold actually for her.. then I thought I am going to warm it up for her, cow milk is not good for cats, should buy cat milk, warmed up the milk I had, sensed if temperature was good with my pink and then thought of that cow milk straight from the cow has the same temperature and voila I thought of the picture I (thought I was it) I once posted here.. and hey hey voila.. here I am. lol No fixing any typos, it's good and perfect as it is. Woot! lol

Just that error is quite annoying...

edit: oh.. just now when I hit the post button (or whatever that is now called) I got another pop up to enter my password. Now, while editing my posts, I too see the full post version, not just the quick reply. Maybe that was all to do, re-enterring the pass word and was that was caused the previous pop up error. I also forgot to check the remember me option. I have been away a long time...

edit2: hmm changed my mind, regarding finding the cow pic, priorities have just changed. Will come back later for it.

edit3: just fixed some thing to make it readable, lol. Hmm seems I am back and just me old self one, maybe better to say my new self improved version. *proest!*
                      Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X