No announcement yet.

How bout gas prices?????? Huh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have heard about Europeans having to pay such high prices that it almost seems funny that we Americans are complaining about it. But then that leads me to ask, what is the average income there, and what is the minimum wage for your countries? As that comes into play as well. For example, minimum wage here is $5.75 (if I remember correctly.) That's not much, when gas in my area is ranging from $4.59 - $4.69 per gallon.

Just curious to see what the difference is with the minimum wage factored in. I read somewhere that some countries in Europe have a minimum wage of almost $20/hour.

EDIT @ Mistery: Same thing is happening here with all costs of living: travel, food, clothes, etc.

Comment

yea milk too.
      So glad to be back.

Low standards mean little work.

Comment

Well, we don't have any minimal wages defined by a law (yet).
        But many branches have some guidelines, or even a rule for a minimal wage within that branch.

From what I know, a minimal wage in practice (if not an illegal job where people get completely abused) is around 14 Swiss Francs, which is meanwhile almost the same amount in USD (for the conversion I mean )

I think these things are very complex, and almost impossible to compare.
        Even if we would know the minimal wage, we didn't count other usual costs for e.g. an apartment or food - which can also differ very much from country to country even within Europe.

But I think we all can agree that gas is getting very expensive, so that more and more people are having huge problems to get some - and that the transport costs make food and other things also too expensive for the poor people - even in so called "rich" countries.

Comment

Ah.....interesting. And yeah, it's very true about the cost of living expenses and such. I still wish we could have electric vehicles back on the market. That would be nice. No using gasoline at all.

Comment

BEAMING

Comment

Yes!! That's even better - and FASTER!

Comment

@Escape
                The minimum nett wage per hour is here: 6.53 Euro, thus $ 10,12
                Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

With the fuel crisis here in England, prices are around £2.00 a litre.
                  Ghost member of GFARDTO

Online Family

Sisters - Super T and Humphryboop
                  Brother - Awsomeman

Sanity is futile...So be LOONEY!

Ghost of the Loonies

Comment

prices went up to $3.99 now and so did food and clothes too like that helps

*~The Shining Star of GH~~*

The riddlers gang: Vivi, Sumitra, Hunter, Bizarrochick, Monkey, Archaicdome, and Teeodd!
                    June 15th is fundayja day! July 9th is Teeodd day! July 10th is Sumitra day! July 11th is Shining day! September 13th is Crazy day! September 18th is Robot day! October 13th is Party 4 Ever day! March 15th is Archaicdome day!

*~a proud Mommy to be~*

Comment

Yeah, here the same problem. Because of the raise of the gas prices, also food, public transportation, and many services get much more expensive

Comment

i no that buggs man i hate it
                        ITZ ALIVE

Comment

Same here. And gas is now $4.63 a gallon. (I know that sounds cheap to Europeans. ) But with all the gas, food, cleaning supplies, and clothing prices going up, and our wages not...things are getting very, very difficult.

Comment

i no like i used to only pay like 30 to fill up now it takes 50................but i cant complain the gas prices over here in nm are only 4.09 at most
                            ITZ ALIVE

Comment

Working...
                            X