X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Urban Legends

What are your favorite urban legends?
    Post about them here.

One I have been trying to look into, without any success, is the red room.
    I just want to find it for the sheer enjoyment of seeing it.
    Does anyone have information on it?

Red room?

Edit: OOOH Creepy!!!!!
    Taken from wikipedia... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Room)
    "Two friends discuss a rumour about an Internet pop-up ad that asks "Do you like —?" (あなたは—好きですか?, Anata wa — suki desu ka??). If you dare to close the pop-up, you die. The more skeptical friend does some investigation. At home, he looks it up on the web, but nothing happens, and he goes on to visit his own favorite sites. Suddenly, the message pops up. He tries to call his friend, but there is no answer. Again, the pop-up says with a strange husky voice: "Do you like —?"

After he clicks to close it the first few times, it keeps re-appearing. It then starts automatically reloading. Then the voice gets mangled and then the friend notices the word 'red'. At first he gets confused when he reads 'Do you like red?'. Then the voice gets mangled as he keeps clicking off the pop-up until a new part of the message is revealed, finally displaying "Do you like the red room?" (あなたは赤い部屋が好きですか?, Anata wa akai heya ga suki desu ka??) with a dangerous, creepy sounding voice. Then a website with the names of all the people killed shows up, with his friend's name at the bottom. He feels that there is something behind him. Two mysterious hands in the dark grab the friend's arms as if to throw him on the floor.

The next day, some people in school talk about two boys from the next class who committed suicide, painting their rooms red with their own blood. Then, we see the protagonist's computer, still on the website with the names. The protagonist's name is now at the end of the list, after his friend's. It then shuts off, along with an eerie sound.

After the video ends, if the user's browser has not disabled pop-ups, an exact replica of the killer pop-up ad from the story will then open on the user's own machine."

Comment

The Roommate

Well that's creepy, but wait till you hear(or read) this one.

There was a girl who went back to her dorm room late one night to retrieve her books before heading over to her boyfriends dorm to spend the night. She entered the room, but knowing her roommate would be sleeping, she didn't turn on the light.

She stumbled around the room in the dark for several minutes, gathering what she would need before finally leaving. The next afternoon, she came back to her room to find it surrounded by police.

When asked if she lived there, she replied with a yes. They took her into the room, and there, written on the wall in blood, were the words, "Aren't you glad you didn't turn on the light?"
      __________________________________________________ _______________
      I got a bunch of others but i didn't have much time cuz i was sleepy::
      sigpic

Respect the eclipse

Comment

Hey that's from a movie! Erm it may be I know what you did last summer or something along the lines but i've seen that in a movie somewhere! that one is very creepy

Comment

OK im back for more, ummm ooooh you guys will like this one...

The Dripping Tap, Drip... Drip... Drip...

There once was a woman who lived all alone, except for the company of her beloved canine friend. Every night the dog would curl up in his basket beside his bed where he slept, and every night the dog would lick her hand to say goodnight.

One night, she woke up in the middle of the night to hear a "drip...drip...drip..." sound coming from somewhere in the house. She got out of bed, and went into the kitchen where she tightened the tap. Then she went back to bed, the dog licked her hand goodnight and she went back to sleep.

Another hour later she woke up again and once again she heard the consistent "drip...drip...drip" sound. She got out of bed and this time went into the bathroom where she tightened the tap. After feeling that this time she had done the trick she went back to bed, received a lick on the hand and went to sleep.

The next time she woke up, morning had dawned. She got out of bed, and made her way to the bathroom. Although when she entered the bathroom, she was greeted by a shocking sight. Her dog was hanging from the shower curtain, and it's blood was still going "drip...drip....drip...."
          sigpic

Respect the eclipse

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Halo View Post
            Well that's creepy, but wait till you hear(or read) this one.

There was a girl who went back to her dorm room late one night to retrieve her books before heading over to her boyfriends dorm to spend the night. She entered the room, but knowing her roommate would be sleeping, she didn't turn on the light.

She stumbled around the room in the dark for several minutes, gathering what she would need before finally leaving. The next afternoon, she came back to her room to find it surrounded by police.

When asked if she lived there, she replied with a yes. They took her into the room, and there, written on the wall in blood, were the words, "Aren't you glad you didn't turn on the light?"
            I got a bunch of others but i didn't have much time cuz i was sleepy::

It's from 'Super Naturel' I just watched couple of months ago.
            I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Halo View Post
              OK im back for more, ummm ooooh you guys will like this one...

The Dripping Tap, Drip... Drip... Drip...

There once was a woman who lived all alone, except for the company of her beloved canine friend. Every night the dog would curl up in his basket beside his bed where he slept, and every night the dog would lick her hand to say goodnight.

One night, she woke up in the middle of the night to hear a "drip...drip...drip..." sound coming from somewhere in the house. She got out of bed, and went into the kitchen where she tightened the tap. Then she went back to bed, the dog licked her hand goodnight and she went back to sleep.

Another hour later she woke up again and once again she heard the consistent "drip...drip...drip" sound. She got out of bed and this time went into the bathroom where she tightened the tap. After feeling that this time she had done the trick she went back to bed, received a lick on the hand and went to sleep.

The next time she woke up, morning had dawned. She got out of bed, and made her way to the bathroom. Although when she entered the bathroom, she was greeted by a shocking sight. Her dog was hanging from the shower curtain, and it's blood was still going "drip...drip....drip...."
              Wow, makes you wonder where the licks were coming from. :/ awkward :>
              Originally posted by Heartofthedark View Post
              Red room?

Edit: OOOH Creepy!!!!!
              Taken from wikipedia... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Room)
              "Two friends discuss a rumour about an Internet pop-up ad that asks "Do you like —?" (あなたは—好きですか?, Anata wa — suki desu ka??). If you dare to close the pop-up, you die. The more skeptical friend does some investigation. At home, he looks it up on the web, but nothing happens, and he goes on to visit his own favorite sites. Suddenly, the message pops up. He tries to call his friend, but there is no answer. Again, the pop-up says with a strange husky voice: "Do you like —?"

After he clicks to close it the first few times, it keeps re-appearing. It then starts automatically reloading. Then the voice gets mangled and then the friend notices the word 'red'. At first he gets confused when he reads 'Do you like red?'. Then the voice gets mangled as he keeps clicking off the pop-up until a new part of the message is revealed, finally displaying "Do you like the red room?" (あなたは赤い部屋が好きですか?, Anata wa akai heya ga suki desu ka??) with a dangerous, creepy sounding voice. Then a website with the names of all the people killed shows up, with his friend's name at the bottom. He feels that there is something behind him. Two mysterious hands in the dark grab the friend's arms as if to throw him on the floor.

The next day, some people in school talk about two boys from the next class who committed suicide, painting their rooms red with their own blood. Then, we see the protagonist's computer, still on the website with the names. The protagonist's name is now at the end of the list, after his friend's. It then shuts off, along with an eerie sound.

After the video ends, if the user's browser has not disabled pop-ups, an exact replica of the killer pop-up ad from the story will then open on the user's own machine."
              Creepy...
              now I just want to see that pop up.

http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconVa...red_room1.html

There is the flash movie.
              Last edited by someguy; 08-01-2008, 17:20:54.

Comment

Bloody Mary

OK! now a famous one normally used on Halloween:

A child was born to a young, unwed mother in a small village. Much to the mother's horror, the child was hideously deformed. The town's people disposed of the baby calling it, "the workings of the Devil". The child was taken deep into the woods and left to the elements.

The young mother remained inconsolable, her mind saturated with the sound of her newborn screaming.

During the colony's witch scares, the mother was then accursed of being in league with the Devil and was sentenced to burn at midnight in the town square. Before the sacrifice, she was given a mirror to have one last look at herself. She gazed into it and saw the slashes inflicted on her by the people. She swore on that night she would return to curse those who spoke her name. As the flames engulfed her she called out to Satan for her revenge.

For years later, children played their games, mocking her, chanting her name in front of mirrors. They were mortified at the results.
                theres lots more versions to the story like she was a women who died on a car crash and horribly disfigured her face or a queen that killed virgins and bathed in their blood so she would remain pure and look young.
                sigpic

Respect the eclipse

Comment

Working...
                X