Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contest: Be in a game! (2nd contest ended)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds great I've been checking his site regularly to see if it was out. I'm VERY curious

Comment

YAY! I can't wait. I'm really excited. I know he's worked hard on this game, too. Really curious/anxious. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Great! I am really curious to the end result. I don't know what to expect but the previews looked really good.

Thanks for the update mcakkay.
        Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

So, when Renegade sent me that update he also said some game testers didn't like the game or though certain characters were annoying and such. Renegade had me test out 1 & 1/2 screens to see if I would like it and therefore probably the rest of the people who will actually play the game. I liked what I saw..can't give anything away but it has Renegades normal humour in it and the graphics look great! I really don't know that much about the game from what I played but I think everyone here will like it.

Just letting you guys know
          Sister Dia <3
          Elite Member of GFARDTO

Why Are YOU Worrying about You-Know-Who?
          You SHOULD Be Worrying About
          U-NO-POO -
          the CONSTIPATION SENSATION That's Gripping the Nation!

Why so Serious?

Comment

Yeah, I heard about that from Renegade, too
            Game sponsors have their own tastes, and we got our looney taste
            I'm waiting for the game

Comment

I agree
              Sister Dia <3
              Elite Member of GFARDTO

U-NO-POO -

Why so Serious?

Comment

Yeah...pa-pooey on those games testers who maybe didn't think highly enough of it. (Kidding) Like Mistery said, everyone has their own taste. I love his humor and have no doubt that I'll love the game.

Thanks for the update, Mcakkay!

Comment

Hi all, just a quick update.

Renegade still finishing up parts of the game, and has not found a sponsor for it yet. He also needs music for it, which he hasn't been able to get so far.

He wanted to have the game finished by now, but things are not quite going as originally planned.

You will need to have some more patience

Comment

That sucks. I hope that Renegade can get the sponsor and music soon, as I know he's creating a good game. But hey, all good things are worth the wait. Thanks for the update, Mistery.

Comment

Posted by Renegade at CMSbox

1/ it's still "almost" finished apaprently it "needs " music for the title screen at least, which I haven't bene able to get hold of yet. on the game side of things, there's one room left to add, and the game ending to finalise.

2/ It's based on a fairytale. you'll recognise the story for sure.

3/ None of the puzzles require trial and error to figure out. this is something i've gone back and looked at in other games I've made and decided isn't realyl that much fun.

4/ Most of the devlopment time has gone into writing diagloue for the game. There are hundreds and hundreds of lines of captions, but they can be disabled for those who don't like reading. In testing the caption system has got fairly negative feedback, so this is the only game I'll be writing in so much detail for (it's too late to change it this time around though).

5/ A well known character from another flash game has a cameo appeaarance (with permission).
                      6/ for those of you who told me to kepe making "find the keys" games, there's a sidequest to collect a certain number of a different item

7/ The game has 5 trophies to collect. you can't get all 5 of them in one playthrough.

8/ One character has an unlockable bonus outfit. I don't usually care about that sort of thing in games, but even Flora, the artist for this game, was stunned by it.

9/ contest winner Crimsonthread and forum regular Mcakkay both have featured roles in the game. Mcakkay's character is somewhat controversial, with one flash developer who tried the game saying he wanted to smack her in the face.

10/ There are 14 scenes in the game, plus one the player never visits (only seen in the game intro). There are over 30 items to find, not counting the sidequest mentioned above.
                      Sister Dia <3
                      Elite Member of GFARDTO

U-NO-POO -

Why so Serious?

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Sounds great Thanks for the news!

Btw, we won't let Mcakkay get slapped

Comment

Sounds good to me!! And I have a feeling I'll like having a storyline, too. Almost like an interactive/game book or comic. Sounds really interesting and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

*gives Mcakkay a nice invisibility cloak.* No one will slap her now. They can't find her!

Comment

Oh I like fairytales.
                              Sounds like it's gonna be a game that you can't play within a hour. That's great! An I love that there' gonna be a side quets and bonusses in the game. I really, really look forward to play this game.

Thanks for the update Mcakkay.

Hey that's mine invisible cloak! It's okay. Of course we won't let Mcakkay get slapped.
                              Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

I have an invisable cloak somewhere but can't find it. Looking forward to the game after reading so much about it. Sorry Renegade is having frustrations getting the game out but I am certain all the blood sweat and tears will be rewarded. Sounds awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X