Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mistery View Post
    You should be able to play it.
    Do you mean two AM versions? Or two of the same version?
    I have one old version and the latest version. I read that the download was supposed to upgrade the older version but that never happened. I got the new AM installed separately
    Every time I try and play this game I get an error message claiming that the AM is unable to start. "Invalid procedure call or argument". I do not have the AM running when I try to start the game... so, I guess something else is wrong

STILL struddling

sigpic

PURPLE HELL is back and burning!! See you there!

Comment

Disregard my previous plea for help... finally got it (although I thought I'd tried that before!)

@Lilli--I have an older version, then downloaded the newest version to play this one... when I first tried to load the game, I got a similar error message, but my computer automatically configured whatever was wrong and I was able to play it the third time I tried... but you've probably tried more than once... I wish I could help!

EDIT: I'm finished. Nice game, heart!
      sigpic

Comment

Crimson - Thanks Sorry I didn't come earlier to help you (I was busy creating your character for my next game )

Lilli - Aww I hope you can figure it out so you can see yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Lilliputt View Post
          I have one old version and the latest version. I read that the download was supposed to upgrade the older version but that never happened. I got the new AM installed separately
          Every time I try and play this game I get an error message claiming that the AM is unable to start. "Invalid procedure call or argument". I do not have the AM running when I try to start the game... so, I guess something else is wrong
          Hmmm, I have different versions of AM on my computer, that shouldn't cause a problem.
          It seems that you got the same message as Escape. She is using Vista, and you?
          And if you right click the .am1 file, and choose to open it with AM Player?

Comment

Originally posted by Mistery View Post
            Hmmm, I have different versions of AM on my computer, that shouldn't cause a problem.
            It seems that you got the same message as Escape. She is using Vista, and you?
            And if you right click the .am1 file, and choose to open it with AM Player?
            Thank you very much for answering, Mistery. Yes, I use Vista and I tried that too but I get the same message
            I don't have any problems opening either AM, but AM player just won't work and it is possible that it is due to the admin feature. Vista has so far asked for admin permission every time I open AM so perhaps Vista is blocking the player...

STILL struddling

sigpic

Comment

But.... I have Vista, and I was able to play it.
              sigpic

Comment

Well, sometimes computers have their moods, and then it's very difficult to figure out the reason why something is not working on a computer while it works on many others

At the moment I don't have an idea why Escape and Lilli are getting the same error message, when it works for others...
                Gonna see if someone has an idea on Adventure Maker Forums.

Comment

You will? Thank you for making an effort, Mistery
                  I really am so sad I cannot play my nephews game...

EDIT: I dunno what I did butaaaa... suddenly I can play the game... YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!

EDIT2: And OUT!!.... YAAAAY! Thanks da Crimson for da help!
                  The game is hilarious!!
                  Last edited by Lilliputt; 08-04-2008, 00:47:28.

STILL struddling

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X