Horsebackriding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horsebackriding

Anyone interested in horsebackriding can put his/her experiences here.
    Like falling of the horse, you first lesson etc.

I'll start:
    The horse I was riding on didn't respond at my tries to get it slower, so she just kept on galoping in cirkles untill I managed to get it to drave.. She was exhausted after that!
    Dream as if you'll Live forever, Live as if you'll Die today

Ubi Gamershood, Caritas et Amor ibi est

Member of CST-Experiments team: Science Stable Supervisor !

With online mom Lilli and sisters EscapeGirl and Doglover!

I tried to ride a horse once fell of and hurt my leg bad

Comment

When I was a kid I lived on a farm, and had my own horse. I always rode her bare back, but we had a real trust in each other. I miss those days.

Originally posted by MEGADOOMER
      I tried to ride a horse once fell of and hurt my leg bad
      I was thrown off a horse once too. It was a stallion. Mean little thing. It was running full speed towards an embankment but threw me off before rolling down it. It broke its leg I rolled when I hit the ground and was fine. They had to put the horse down because it did not recover from it too well.
      Last edited by OneBun; 03-18-2007, 00:20:48. Reason: typo ooppss :P
      Seeking Where My Alien & Mysterious Sis Has gone???
      Looney GHer!

Comment

Oh, poor horse. But I'm glad you were okay.

Comment

ooohw that's a really sad story!! i love horses so i don't want them to get hurt ofcourse i fell of once when we were jumping like 10 cm high!! haha but the horse hit his foot the time before so he jumped like a meter higher and i (ofcourse) didn't know he was going to jump that high!!

wow yesterday morning was really weird! i went to school and waited somewhere for some other friends.. but then i saw this horse walking! i knew where he came from, and the stable door was open, so i think the door wasn't closed well enough so he escaped. nothing really happened, but he was walking towards the road, so me and another friend who likes horses too (she also has one of her own) put our bikes in front of her so she wouldn't walk to the road. we went to inform the owners, but there was this teeny tiny hole were he could escape and so he did! so he went walking on the road towards a lot of people bycicling to school and they weren't off any help either, they just made it worse with shouting out loud how scary he was. so he got frightened and was running back to me, but i didn't know the horse too well, so i didn't really jump in front of it, so he just ran past me and started eating the grass.. after a while he came back ran along for a while and went back to his stable, just when he walked in there the owner came.. ' i heard the footsteps of the horse, so i came out to see' i just thought: no, you're kidding! i mean, the horse was walking on the street for ten minutes in front of cars and cyclists and the man 'suddenly' heard the horses footsteps!! well, nevermind, i kind of liked the adventure
          Last edited by OneBun; 03-18-2007, 00:20:14. Reason: merged posts

Comment

Hehe, funny story, I'm glad that nothing bad happened to the horse!

Comment

yeah, well i hope not, cus he wanted to go back but he pushed over our bikes, so i hope he didn't hurt himself, but i don't think he did

Comment

I am a bit scary of horses...

Comment

I learned how to ride horses by getting paid to break them when I was young. Seeing how i was determined to learn which also gave me the drive to keep getting back on. My dad thought it was the best way..........maybe thats why I turned to ridding bulls when I got older.
                  Last edited by Mistery; 09-29-2006, 19:46:02.
                  Games are better when drunk

Comment

Originally posted by wirodeu
                    I am a bit scary of horses...
                    i don't get why people can be scared of horses! they're sooo cute! but well, that's cuz i adore them

Comment

ive never touched a horse
                      An invisible man marries an invisible woman.
                      the kids were nothing to look at either

"Spys sapping my sentry!" (I love Team Fortress)

Comment

I've loved riding ever since I was little. The first time I rode, I was about three and the horse was nearly 16hh (don't know what that is in metres). My mum was loungeing him (kind of leading him in a circle, hard to explain) He started cantering, but instead of getting worried, I started shouting to my mum "faster, faster!!!"

10 years later and I still enjoy riding horses.
                        "THEY MISUNDERESTIMATED ME" (George W. Bush)

Good Handkerchiefs Pelt Old Ladies In Car Engines, Often Fighting Fireman's Ice-Carrying Enlarged Rodents!!!

Member of the Looney Bin Fan Club!!!

Themepark's Long Lost Son????!!!!????

Comment

you know, you're lucky your mom likes horses but i think i'm also lucky cuz i have a friend with horses i know what you mean with loungeing (longeren in dutch)

Comment

yeah I am a pretty good rider.
                            Once something really funny happened I was riding along and the horse ran off with me!!!! I was riding trough a field trying to stop him. In the end my riding group retrieved me when i got home my feet almost fell off they where aching so much!(I didnt ahve much experience at the time was about 3 years ago

I'm smilie mad
                            ENTER A GLOWING GATE TO FIND MOLE
                            MOLE OF THE LOONEY BIN.ELITE MOLE OF GFARDTO
                            Online sisters suzy
                            ~virgo~&zillah
                            long lost bro:hitman
                            MOM:nefertiti
                            DAD:party4ever
                            UNCLE:yorick
                            AUNTS:mcakkay&DIA

sigpic

Comment

i was riding horse monday thru friday every day for a fall sport. i did maybe 5 hand-gallops that fall season

Comment

Working...
                              X