Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The big bang experiment - Will it cause the end of the universe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This whole thing reminds me of that movie with Jonathan Silverman - 12:01, I hope our days aren't repeating

It's hard not to have mixed feelings about this... For one - there were already plenty of predictions about the apocalypses, none of which came true so far... However, there's Nibiru - a planet/comet that is supposedly going to hit Earth in 2012... and the Mayan calendar where it's written that the world is going to end in 2012 (but it's also interpreted as the year of changes, not necessary being the 'fatal' year)... And some scientists are saying that the particle accelerator is going to create small black holes which in four years will combine into one big black hole that will 'swallow' Earth (that's in the year 2012)... I don't know...it all sort of falls into place...

I'm not panicking yet , but I guess all I'm trying to say is something a lot of you said already - some things are not meant to be messed around with! If there were quite a few scientist trying to legally stop the experiment - maybe it would've been good to reconsider the whole thing. Call me narrow-minded but if there is even remote possibility of, let's say, 'damaging' the world as we know it - I for one would rather live without knowing how our planet was created
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Marc Anthony - Vivir Mi Vida
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by funja View Post
      hitman i side with someguy and mistery they shiuld do moure research before they use a ray thing to cross particles if thye think it might casue blcak holes that could potentialy destroy the world and you doulble psoted(ecsuse my ninjish)
      Don't get me wrong, I didn't say there is no need for research when there IS! All I'm saying is that I'm "pro" the experiment.
      Happy endings are just unfinished stories...

PandaMan

Elite member of the Looney Bin with ex wife "SimplyCrazy" and on-line kids "Wirodeu, Bread ...and Rannei"

sigpic

Comment

i'm on mixed thoughts about this because notradamus (french prophet dor those who dont know) says that the world will end in 2012 through fire and there r the 12 crystal skulls on the other hand there is only a 1 in a million chance of the black hole killing us
        SCOTLAND!! Alba gu brath!!!!!

young pickpocketer

MY FAMILY
        sisters: Elni & Chocbubbles
        neices: Emo234 &
        1momomo124

nephews: Funja, Isaiah, Clank & 2 tails
        Best Cousins:~GH Dog~ and LovelyUndeadVam

Comment

Well, after a series of issues that CERN has experienced, the latest news say that they won't be able to continue with the experiment until Spring 2009.

Comment

Yeah I read that something broke, and they'd need two months to repair it.

On a sidenote, the temperature that the tube thing actually has to be for this experiement, is just so incredibly cold, I can't believe it!

Comment

I read that too. They said it's some kind of liquid Helium leak!
              Happy endings are just unfinished stories...

PandaMan

Elite member of the Looney Bin with ex wife "SimplyCrazy" and on-line kids "Wirodeu, Bread ...and Rannei"

sigpic

Comment

wooohooo lets party like its a black hole!

Comment

Working...
                X