A new book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new book

Hi like fellow gamershooders i too have decided to write a story, this time however the full story will have been written and a new chapter will be revealed whenever i have time

I must tell you now where i live this story has been entered for a national young writers prize and is through to the county finals, so any copyright will be forbidden. Here is the first chapter, the story is entitled the phantoms. It is only a short story so don't expect pages and pages

Readers are free to post their opininions in this post so feel free

COPYRIGHT 2008

The Phantoms

Chapter 1

It burned like paper being sizzled by flames, like oil smouldering away, like charcoal aflame in the heart of a rickety, furnace, like cinders blowing along the plains of a desolate desert.

It ripped through the walls like a bomb would rip through the streets of London. It roared into the glimmering, moonlit sky, like a lion would roar at a violent hunter. It climbed its way up the bricks of the narrow terraces, onto the rooftops, down the streetlamps. It crawled down the drains and into the sewers; down the bleak tunnels and into the mountains of raw sewage. Gently, it moved through the air with the grace of an Ice skater. It covered the houses, the gardens, the ridged fences and the cobbled paths; along with the thick, oily windows of the cars. Sporadically it would tremble and bubble and viciously snarl onto the countless acres of countryside. It would ride on the roads like a jovial horse searching the clandestine and secluded forests, searching for prey. It would leap over the barriers like a magnificent stallion at a gymkhana.

The splendour shrubs along the roadside would be engulfed in its destroying and harrowing path.

The echoes of its moans and groans would halt whenever a stop sign would appear on the road.

The seas would be flooded by its presence and the ships would be captured by its magnificent and smooth layers; and the masts would be lifted and shudders would run up the soft, deep fibres within the cloth. It embraced the size of cities into one deep, colossal blow.

Last edited by Clank; 09-19-2008, 19:37:24.
    New York!
    Concrete jungle where dreams are made of,
    There's nothing you can’t do,

Now you're in New York!
    These streets will make you feel brand new,
    These lights will inspire you,
    Let's hear it for New York, New York, New York

JAY Z AND ALICIA KEYS - EMPIRE STATE OF MIND CLICK HERE

Heres the next part of my story:

Chapter 2

What could be causing all this? You may ask, I know, trust me, and let me tell you your in for a journey. I can only rely on you?

A virus, a pandemic, a lethal, violent disease, a force of terror. With it, it brought misery and suffering and pain…

It was known as the Ebony virus.

It began in 2008, when a solar eclipse was cast upon the Earth, a man, Drew Ebony thought he had invented a cure, a cure for cancer; he called it the ‘ebony answer’. but when people lined up like ants awaiting their vaccination, peoples shadows changed, they altered, they slowly became distorted, their bodies and brains, like mindless, carnivorous zombies. Everyone began to wander the streets, no face, no emotion. I hid in my house, I was scared what was I to do? Especially in the sun…

When the vaccination hit the media it was like a miracle, Drew Ebony was a saviour, everyone obeyed him, Every town started to build huge, monumental statues of him, like he was God. Yet no-one saw through him, he didn’t care, except me, I knew the real him, the liar, the cheat, he was selfish and had one thing in mind, money, tons of money.

I cant say I didn’t take my kids to get the cure, I had them lined up all night, I made them stand for hours and hours, I blame myself… if only I knew… then they wouldn’t be dead.

After a couple of months, people got scared, I was scared, it was like an alien invasion, my kids began to stop playing and used to stare at the tv, I watched them for weeks, it was horrible, a pandemic so evil it made people suffer, it drained their lives.

New York!

Now you're in New York!

Comment

Chapter 3

What was I to do? Where should I go?

There I was sitting in the old, coffee stained chair, my kids had gone, me, alone, all alone. The windows had metal shutters over them, It was 6 months after the cure was discovered and the shadows were out there, only in the sunlight, only when the shadows appear, only when the sky is blue the phantoms appear; they come out and hunt!

Often when I was hiding I had thoughts about what would happen if I went out under the sun, would I die? Would they massacre me? What were they? I knew if I had any chance of survival I would have to go out at night and search for food, search for my life.

I had to.

It was the only means of survival.

Living in a luxurious town house wasn’t hard, it was exciting, tantalising to be precise, I had dreams of what my life would be like when I was younger and this was it. It was perfect. With my job the house was extravagant, it had a beautiful marble floor and a huge fire in the middle of the room, we used to sit on the whit, leather sofa and look at the blazing flames. Thinking about it gave me a tingling sensation in my stomach. I liked that, it made me feel confident.

I ran my finger up and down the coffee stained arm and scratched the large tear in the fabric, I stared at the rips in my blue jeans and nodded my head backwards and forwards. The dry taste in my mouth made me croak when I coughed. When I licked my lips I felt the several cuts on the bottom lip.

The continuous bangs on the shutters made me jump and tremble, the shudders running up and down my back, like dogs at the track, made me shake. It was hard being here alone, you started to feel depressed; it got you down.
      New York!

Now you're in New York!

Comment

Chapter 4 of the phantoms will be posted tomorrow of a UK time of 2.00pm
        New York!

Now you're in New York!

Comment

WOW geordie! these are really really good! i read the three chapters and now i'm all "awwww what about the fourth?"
          GH Family (possibly the coolest )
          Brother: ~GH Dog~
          Cousins: Chocbubbles, Animal Dragon, Yoshifan19, Emo234, 2 Tails, funja
          (highlight the text, there's someone hiding. )
          Ghost Robot Cousin: Clank

Comment

Thanks luv- im glad you like it the fourth chapter will be coming very very soon
            New York!

Now you're in New York!

Comment

Heres the next part

Chapter 4

Was I being killed slowly inside? Why was I the only one… on Earth to survive? Was I the only one?

I was a captive. I was in captivity. It turned to night on that day of Winter in December of 2008, I heard the vigorous gales swiping the trees in the garden. I had to go out. I needed food. Nothing could stop me, I was prepared. I pulled back the metal gates that lay against the double door; vigilance kept me sane as I hobbled down the steps. The ground was covered in shimmering ice, I had to be careful. It was a beautiful night, the moon captivated the sky; it was silent, not a sound, not a whisper, not a tremor of hope. The shadows were ruling the world someone had to stop them. When I got past the park I saw a large house, it was strange I’d never uncovered on my past encounters of the night, so I strolled over to it and gently pushed the gate open; it creaked painfully when it bumped in the post box. The door was open like every other house, the door was always open. It was dark in the corridor, so dim, I always had to watch my step. I made my way to the kitchen and took out the torch that sat in my pocket. I opened the cupboard door and saw: a large jar of cod liver oil, a peculiar cockroach, a bag of plain flour and 2 tins of baked beans. What a feast? As I ravaged my way through the drawers looking for a tin opener, I heard s******s coming from the floor boards, it was like heavy gasps.
              Last edited by Clank; 09-22-2008, 16:59:56.
              New York!

Now you're in New York!

Comment

Wow this is really good!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for chapter 5.U know tho it reminds me alot of the movie I am ledgend,lol.But really good
                2~28~10 <3

Comment

WOO! i already read the fourth. and it was really good. and now i'm going to pull a heart on you.

PLEASE POST THE NEXT CHAPTER.

Comment

Upon request here is chapter 5

What was I supposed to do? Should I run?

Staring anxiously at the floorboards, millions of thoughts staggered into my head. I needed to look under them. I pulled back the rug and saw a hook and a chain and realised it was a trap door!

I opened it up and saw a little girl…

She was sat there with a huge grin on her face, she was shaking vigorously, what was I meant to do? I pulled her out when she offered me her hand and hoisted her over my shoulder.

Back at my house I lay her on the couch and fetched her a cup of boiled water and lemon drops. I sat in the chair opposite and she hugged the teddy bear she was holding, I was scared, absolutely terrified, and so was she. She had on her a large pink dressing gown, which was covered in muck, she also had large bruises covering her legs; the result of being devoured by the floorboards. We both sat there staring at each other like nothing had happened, like we knew each other. I snatched a thick cotton blanket from my sons room upstairs and put it over her back. It was freezing. I turned the lamp up a bit, it was wind up powered so I knew it would never run out of battery. I reached for the switch when suddenly the girl uttered a word- ‘phantoms’.
                    New York!

Now you're in New York!

Comment

that was good

please post the 6th
                      sigpic I Like Boxers

SISTER-LovelyUndeadVamp
                      COUSIN-Animal Dragon, GoerdieBoy and Chocobubbles
                      BROTHER-2 Tails (awesome)

ABCDEFGHIJKLM...
                      GO PANDA!!

Comment

i'm with e7. this is getting good. *goes to write in her own book to help with the wait*

Comment

Hmmm, pretty good story!
                          It's... interesting
                          READ
                          >>CLICK>>sigpic<<CLICK<<
                          It'll SHOCK you!
                          Post anything and everything about Short Circuit HERE!

Comment

Thanks to all of you:

e7ga123
                            Emo234
                            Justeazy
                            Lovelyundeadvam
                            New York!

Now you're in New York!

Comment

Chapter 6 of the story is where verything is revealed what do all of you readers think will happen next
                              New York!

Now you're in New York!

Comment

Working...
                              X