I need a good story title!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st part chapter 3

“It’s come to my attention,” detective Sam Murchison stated, “you’re not much of a morning person.” He flashed his teeth at the teenage girl sitting in the metal chair in front of him. Misty stared poker-faced right back at him, unblinking with her arms crossed over her chest. ‘Who does this guy think he is? Misty thought. “What am I doing here?,” she said in an even tone, “I’ve been here for nearly half an hour, yet you haven’t told me anything important, or anything to do with ‘the urgent matter’ you talked about on the phone.”
    “Yes, yes, yes. I know you have questions, but I can’t answer them now, I have more important things to attend to.”
    “And what exactly are these ‘things’?” Mike Gromwell questioned. He had been silent since the car ride to the station, until this moment.
    The detective stared at the man for half a second, hands on hips, considering his request before deciding against for his daughter’s sake. Instead he said, “Look, all I can tell you is that you need to look after your daughter. Just keep her safe and keep in contact with us at all times.”
    Misty was about to explode with fear. She was starting to shake but didn’t want her dad to worry, so kept quiet.
    “That’s honestly all I can tell you for now,” the detective continued to say, “please, it’s for everyone’s safety.”
    “So you really expect me to accept that and stop worrying? Hah anyway I thought we were here so you could explain, properly, what was happening. All you would say on the phone was-“
    He stopped himself, remembering the presence of his daughter in the room.
    “All he would say was, what Dad? Misty probed.
    “Uh...all he would say was how urgent and important it was to have this meeting...umm and that we had to meet him straight away.”
    “Oh come on,” Misty exclaimed, “do you really expect me to believe you can be persuaded to get up at 3:30am that easily? He said something that made you hesitate and listen and listen to him, and that certainly wasn’t it!"

Last edited by Chocbubbles; 10-13-2008, 06:49:04.
    sigpic

Comment

Is that ALL of chapter 3???

Awww... I thought(hoped) it'd be longer!!!
      READ
      >>CLICK>>sigpic<<CLICK<<
      It'll SHOCK you!
      Post anything and everything about Short Circuit HERE!

Comment

no it's not it says in the title 1st part chapter 3
        i'm still writing the rest
        sigpic

Comment

Bright, searing light struck man in the blue suit square in the eyes, blinding him for a second. When the angry red colour cleared from his eyes he stared at the room in front of him and began to search the many drawers that cluttered the small, dingy kitchen.
          Coming across one particular drawer, the man halted, pondering for a minute. This particular drawer was brown in colour and made of what first appeared to be flimsy wood. But on closer inspection the man found it was some sort of Pyrex glass, impenetrable from a knife or club. Frustrated he moved along to the next drawer, this one looking more promising. Painted a dull grey with a strange white stripe running from the middle of the handle down to the bottom left corner of the drawer, it seemed there was no hidden bolts or locks. Breathing heavily he pulled jerkily on the handle driving the drawer towards his torso. It stuck a bit halfway through but tugging it different angles seemed to work and it slid out easily after that. Crumpled papers and old mouse droppings were the sole inhabitants of the drawer, along with a couple of mice that leapt out, scared, when the drawer had first opened.

more to come!!!
          Last edited by Chocbubbles; 10-29-2008, 05:46:30.
          sigpic

Comment

Ooohhhh...
            I am wondering where they are...
            It isn't misty's house, is it???

Also, that first part (of the second part) "Blinding light struck man in the blue suit square in the eyes, blinding him for a second."

Blinding... blinding.... It sounds kinda repetitive.
            but GOOD STORY
            READ
            >>CLICK>>sigpic<<CLICK<<
            It'll SHOCK you!

Comment

thanxs, didn't notice that
              i'll change it later.

nup it's not cause Misty doesn't live in Rainey Ave. she lives a couple of blocks away from that house
              sigpic

Comment

Do we get anything more on this book?

Is it going to be a series, or just a stand alone?
                READ
                >>CLICK>>sigpic<<CLICK<<
                It'll SHOCK you!

Comment

it's just gonna be the one book for now
                  but i might decide to do another later on
                  sigpic

Comment

fate's call

GH's own Princess of Non-sense.

so polished, you're gleaming with light, too tempting, resisting with all of our might, blinded sould, our misguided flight, silence the demon's lethal appitite.

Comment

Cold Call

Comment

well i decided what to call it...

"Misty Origins" thanxs Justeazy for the name
                        sigpic

Comment

You'res welcomes Choc...
                          and I feel honored...

^_^

Be sure to tell us if it ever gets published!
                          READ
                          >>CLICK>>sigpic<<CLICK<<
                          It'll SHOCK you!

Comment

hellow ! any body here!
                            look you have to create the title
                            take it easy its only a title and here is a little secret try to think about the title at the time between being a sleep and awake see..the time when all the thout in your head is mixed and you really wanna sleep that time is the perfict time i dont know why but you would notice that all the perfict thoughts and ideas would come to you at this time
                            and you have to keep a pen next to u or it would be a forgotten thoughts he he he
                            try it ok!
                            I LIKE IT WHEN ITS RAINING OUTSIDE
                            it makes me dream
                            it takes me to a whole new world

http://shahrazad77.jeeran.com/مطر.jpg

Comment

Working...
                            X