Stephen King's The Long Walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen King's The Long Walk

Has anybody read this book? It sounds so sick and awesome. I'm thinking about buying it.

It's about a horrific walking contest where 100 contestants volunteer to enter. There isn't a finish line. It's a circuit. There isn't a number of laps. Just you, 99 contestants and the long long path. However, this isn't any ordainary walking contest. If your speed drops below 4 miles per hour, your removed - from life via bullet in the head. The winner; the last man standing.

Imagine that! No rests, no stops, no nothing. Well, your issued food and water throughout the day by soldiers. But, oh my god! That would be so sick! So, has anybody read this? Any good?
    Pain; is part of the puzzle
    Blood; is the price of freedom
    Death; it's not that easy...

I read it years ago. I loved reading it, but I agree the whole idea is insane. And that is what the main character also realizes..
    Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

That sounds like a bad idea for a book at first, but I've read it, and stephen king uses his writing charm to crank out a good book.

Comment

What a trip!!! I just started this book 3 days ago!! They're down to 76 walkers right now (I think it's 76....I read it before bed, and get a bit sleepy. ) I was just telling Darknight about it in a PM! That's crazy how that happens. I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would want to participate! But don't tell me. I'm gonna finish the book and find out. I like it though. It's good, I think. But violent, and a bit gruesome. Might be right up your alley since you like Saw.

Comment

This book is perfect for my gory likeing.

Comment

Just now finished the book. Wow.....gruesome, insane, and disturbing! But, nonetheless, I liked it. Dunno why. But I did. Utterly insane and disturbing, though.

Comment

i am a huge Stephen King fan as other fans can probably tell and i will recomend anything that Stephen has written (except Dark Tower series) i couldnt get into it!
              I'm Hungry, let's get a taco, Thirsty? drink moloko
              Gamershood Online Paradise is now on Facebook!

Comment

Stephen Kings The Long

I just finished reading Stephen Kings new novel, Joyland. I loved it. Its a well-written coming of age tale that would sit well on the shelf next to Different Seasons and Hearts in Atlantis.
                إٌëè نهëà èنٍَ ïëîُî يه ُîنè ٌ يèىè.

Comment

thanks ,i'll keep my eyes open next time in the bookstore..

Comment

Working...
                  X