Survival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survival

Here you can post stuff on survival, survival kits and survival guides. Enjoy

I'm smilie mad
    ENTER A GLOWING GATE TO FIND MOLE
    MOLE OF THE LOONEY BIN.ELITE MOLE OF GFARDTO
    Online sisters suzy
    ~virgo~&zillah
    long lost bro:hitman
    MOM:nefertiti
    DAD:party4ever
    UNCLE:yorick
    AUNTS:mcakkay&DIA

sigpic

This is a series a pics taken from the same livestock tank somewhere in South Texas. I found it thought-provoking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ATT00000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	1691338

Name:	ATT00001.jpg
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	1691339

Name:	ATT00005.jpg
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	1691340

Name:	ATT00007.jpg
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1691341

Name:	ATT00008.jpg
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	1691342

Comment

I've always thought it was funny that the survival food kits never include toilet paper.

After all,if you're gonna eat,you're gonna excrete.
      "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Frantic Freddie - Toilet paper starts breaking down in water really fast, that's why it's safe for septic tanks Think about it, if you need to survive in a jungle or something, chances are it's going to be wet

Comment

@RBS....WOW! That's very cool. Thanks for posting those pics.

@Frantic Freddie...You make a good point. Just don't reach for poison oak leaves.

Comment

This is a basic one, but a lot of people don't know it.

If your out in the middle of the desert, and don't have anything to drink, your urine will provide a fine alternative. Drink it when it's warm though, or else it's no good. If it goes cold, then thats when the bacteria starts forming.
            I've had to use this trick several times. It doesn't taste good, but it helps loads.

Comment

Originally posted by Heartofthedark View Post
              Frantic Freddie - Toilet paper starts breaking down in water really fast, that's why it's safe for septic tanks Think about it, if you need to survive in a jungle or something, chances are it's going to be wet
              I'm pretty familiar with septic tanks since I have one & took a class on 'em awhile back (I'm a Realtor in an area that's all septics),so I really do know sh**

Originally posted by U.S. Marine View Post
              This is a basic one, but a lot of people don't know it.

If your out in the middle of the desert, and don't have anything to drink, your urine will provide a fine alternative. Drink it when it's warm though, or else it's no good. If it goes cold, then thats when the bacteria starts forming.
              I've had to use this trick several times. It doesn't taste good, but it helps loads.
              That's a good one that most people don't know,but it follows the laws of diminishing returns i.e.,you can only do it for so long.

Since I live in the desert myself one of my survival tools are the makings for a solar still.

I feel & a lot of experts do too,that the best item you can have in any survival situation is a good knife.It can be used to make shelter,start fires,make snares & traps,cut up that cactus for the solar still,skin out the rat you caught for dinner,tied to a stick it becomes a spear for hunting & if the blade's polished as a signaling device.

One of the best books your can buy on survival is,believe it or not,the Boy Scout Handbook,my copy's from the 60s-70s & nothing in it is at all outdated.
              Last edited by Frantic Freddie; 05-10-2009, 07:44:59. Reason: Merged Posts; Please use the EDIT button instead of multiple posting. :)
              "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, drinking your urine for a long time can be very bad for your health.
                And what Freddie said about the knife is very true. I signaled an evac zone once with a knife. the only reason they found us in time.
                But the knife can be used for many, many things. They sell survival knives out where I live, but a hunting knife will do allright.

Comment

Except for the fact that it's not shiny,the KA-BAR is one of the best all around fixed blade knives.In my state it's legal to sharpen the top,so I did on mine
                  Hey Marine,I hear the old KA-BAR was floatin' around there in the sandbox,you ever see any?

The other knife I'd have in a SHTF scenario would be my Buck General,can be used to signal.

A good multi-tool,Leatherman,Gerber,etc... can be almost as useful ("almost" because the blade length is usually no more than 4" & sometimes you just need a longer,bigger blade).

An old,old desert trick is to put a pebble in your mouth,it keeps your saliva flowing & reduces the sensation of thirst.

Mark Twain

Comment

I heard if your being Stalked in the jungle you can hide in the underbrush and if you rush the chopper your ONE big target.
                    GH's Gaomon Fanboy from Boston, MA!

Comment

I need help on survival in skool. No, not the grades, just kinda... Fitting in. But is it OK to post here, or is there a designated forum to chitchat about terrible problems like these?

Comment

Working...
                      X