No announcement yet.

Survey from Renegade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/ What's your favourite room escape style game?
    I like ones that have some puzzles *and* logic. I dont have one particular style I like, as long as the game works I give it a go lol.

2/ What did you like most about it?
    Hmmm....it depends on the game, I dont have a favourite...mostly its good graphics and gameplay

3/ Is storyline important in this type of game?
    A good storyline can make a game better, but isn't necessary.

4/ Have you ever stopped playing a game because something in it offended you?
    I haven't found a game that has offended me yet lol...

5/ Would you play a game with a controversial theme, or just avoid it completely?
    Yeah I guess I would play it. There's always the close button....

6/ How important are endings to this sort of game?
    I enjoy a good ending, it gives a sense of completion to the game...at least you know you finished! Some games I have played, I didn't even know it was over lol

7/ Do multiple possible endings persuade you to play a game more than once?
    Yup! lol I like to find all endings

8/ What's your favourite movie?
    Titanic, Dirty dancing, Harry potter's, Lord of the rings ...blah blah blah

Comment

1/ What's your favourite room escape style game? Ones with multiple rooms. I like the Mystery of Time and Space, the Twinkle games, which usually have 2 endings and the Sukura Love (the animals and the fruit, I think the most recent was strawberry),the SubMachine Games from Mateusz Skutnik and the concert series that had the cats in it. Drove my cats nuts to play those...

2/ What did you like most about it? I like the length of the games, and the logic used to figure out how to out of the room, or to the next room, or to get the key or what ever it is you need to leave...

3/ Is storyline important in this type of game? Sometimes it is.

4/ Have you ever stopped playing a game because something in it offended you? No, not because it offended me, but because there was a language barrier, or it was too much of a pixel hunt or it was a chemistry or math I was unfamiliar with.

5/ Would you play a game with a controversial theme, or just avoid it completely? I tend to avoid those completely, rather then get my dander up over someone else's opinion.

6/ How important are endings to this sort of game? I've played games where the screen went to black and just said, "Congratulations, you have escaped" and others have opened onto green grass and sunny days and then "Congratulations, you've escaped." The Concert Series ended with you at the concert.

7/ Do multiple possible endings persuade you to play a game more than once? Yes, they do. I have to give the (fill in the blank) to the who or whatever, or I turn right instead of left and get a different ending, I do replay it.

8/ What's your favourite movie? The Wizard of Oz, 1939. I am a dork, why do you ask? Also O Brother Where Art Thou is a good movie, and I like the Nightmare on Elm Street Series, and Wes Craven's People Under The Stairs, which was based on a true story.
      I hope I have been a help to you. I'm looking forward to more games.
      Don't forget you are awesome.

Comment

Most all of them are great.. MOTAS, Crimson Room series, SubMachine, the Minoto series etc.

Easy movement and easy method to get items. Challenging puzzles and items are not THAT well hidden or tiny. I have major problems with games that has the tiniest pixel frame to get an item or if items are so tiny that I cannot see it. I also am not a big fan of games that rely heavily on sounds/audio.

Not really but its a nice to have.

Hmm I've seen a couple.. most don't offend me- only one really did. Others I just stop playing because I think its a stupid premise and just not a fan of that particular type of game.

5/ Would you play a game with a controversial theme, or just avoid it completely?
        Depends on how well its done. If it is done tastefully then I would play it...however if the game is so full of bashing, negativity, threat, and attempting to push their beliefs/opinions on me.. no I won't play it.

Its a nice to have.. like others.. a confirmation that I at least got to the end would be much appreciated. A short one at that... I don't necessarily want one that's 5 minutes long! lol

No... In fact I don't particularly care for them all that much... drives me nuts. The shorter games like the Minoto series I'll sometimes try for an alternate ending. Games that slap me with a bad ending- especially a LONG game drive me nuts (That just happened too)

Too many to list.... Children of a Lesser God, Big, Some of the Star Trek series, Star Wars, The Terminator Series.

Comment

1) I love those finding keys, and the "war" between gh members and renegate's duck. Those one are my fav ever
          2)The story line, and the funny comments and script written

3)yes as as it increases the interest if what will happen next

4)No, onl stopped when I couldn't understant how to solve the problem

5) I don't understand what exactly this question means. If it means taking different decsions for each case yes. I don't know (sorry)

6) Again I need to understand the 5th question to answer this one.

7) Yes
          8)I have so many but I W will choose Shrek,
          sigpic
          The cute chicken of LooneyBin
          With wonderful younger sisters:Animal Dragon Chocbubbles
          Kids
          Sons: Funja,Isaiah and 2 Tails
          Daughter: Emo234
          Proud member of GFARDTO
          Carrot Explosion Expert
          I'm CHOCACHOLIC and I like it and if you don't like it that's fine.More chocolate for me

Comment

Any of them. Except horror.

i would have to go with the comments in the game.

well yes cause if there wasnt a storyline and it was just random then whats the point?

hmm... well its a yes cause if it offended me i would either resolt to madness or anger... or brain damage.

hmm... hmm... yes... but if it doesnt suit it for me then i rather press the close button and run.

Credits, awards, supporting the people that helped all of that. even sometimes a bonus level if possible.

if you mean by 2 or more endings and if i complete either one i get a award or something then yes.

Fav movie? hmm... i have to say 2 favs. Die Hard 4 and Hellboy 2.
            Never Spam Never Will.

Members of: Gamershood, Newgrounds, Kongregate, YouTube, JustinTV and Eddsworld

Im in the Looney Bin!

Me like the modeling!

Fan to Eddsworld
            sigpic
            Go to Eddsworld Because Its Awesome!

Comment

Interesting, logical, good puzzle (sliders inclusive ) NO pixel hunting or absolutely unlogical things. I remember once there was a teddy bear sitting in the wall we had to find, or blender parts in another one. While finding hundreds of keys in some strange places is fun because thats what the game is made for.
              As my favoured so far I still remember cageling.
              To keep me interested and interact with other players in the forums for days. Although I finally had to brute force the bells due to my absolute unmusical ears....
              storyline is great advantage
              YES! I don't remember the name but after playing for days and finding lots of bugs (a lot of people did I remember) we got to know that we have to pay for the final code.
              I listen to my tummy.... and I don't like shooting games at all.
              I like good endings. Sometimes one keeps going in a poorly game and the ending tops the poorliness...somehow frustrating...
              Not really....
              THE LORD OF THE RINGS -of course

Comment

Terminal and Guest House.

Edit: Tipping Point series is fantastic also

Surreal environs with crisp graphics.

Only if it helps solve. If its just for fluff to read leave it out.

No.

Sure I would play it.

Very important. Good endings make the game more memorable.

Yes, absolutely.

Being There
                Last edited by RBS; 12-04-2008, 16:57:58.

Comment

1) hard to make a choice ,i like them all as long i understand them(englisch)

2)the logic in it ,it has to make sense

3)nah

4)nope

5)ill play them all ,im not easely chocked

6)that you are shure that you are out ,not that you get some chinese scribbles and dont know if youre out or not

7)if it obtain short games ,i would

8)ever ?? midnight express

Comment

1) Tipping point
                    2) good graphics and good story line
                    3) yes
                    4) no never i was mad at it but never quit
                    5) maybe if it was a good game
                    6) it's important i like funny endings
                    7) no not really if i finished it once i'm not going to play it again just for an alteranitive anding
                    8) that's hard...MST3K the movie and the Simpson's movie
                    I am and will always be a timetraveler

Comment

1/ What's your favourite room escape style game? Crimson Room style.
                      2/ What did you like most about it? It's fun!
                      3/ Is storyline important in this type of game? Not really.
                      4/ Have you ever stopped playing a game because something in it offended you? Nope.
                      5/ Would you play a game with a controversial theme, or just avoid it completely? Depends how good it is.
                      6/ How important are endings to this sort of game? Pretty important, but gameplay is more important.
                      7/ Do multiple possible endings persuade you to play a game more than once? Not really.
                      8/ What's your favourite movie? Rocky.
                      "But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done."

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X