Paint.net help & tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint.net help & tutorials

I have had paint.net for a while but i still dont know how to use it very well. I need some help with putting images over other images like for rooms but i cant do anything with the overlay and the Paint.net forums dont help at all any help is appreciated

~Funja~
    .................................................. .................................................. ....
    sigpic

Hmmm, I'm not sure where you are stuck with the layers
    What would you exactly like to do? What doesn't work?

Comment

well it will not let me place an image wiht another image
      it opens up a new project so i want to know how i can combine two images
      sigpic

Comment

You need to have/import a background image.
        Then add a new layer (Layers -> Add new layer), and make sure it is selected as active layer. Then you can import an image (Layers -> Import from file).

There are different blending modes that you can use:
        http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/e...lendModes.html

Otherwise, you can also draw some main things on the background layer (like wall, rug etc.). Then open a new layer, and add some funiture. You can use several layers, this is especially good if you want to add something later on a certain layer.
        When your image is finished, you can merge down the layers one by one (Layers -> Merge layer down).

Does this help?

Comment

thank you i finally got it took a l,ittle bit of hunting for the import toll lol
          sigpic

Comment

Yay, you're welcome

Comment

Just to add some comments:
              You can also add parts of another picture into the one you are working on by using the magic wand tool. You can chose what parts you want to add, then modify by choosing "add" or "subtract" the highlighted parts of your choice to copy. Then simply paste into the picture you are working on. I would also advice anyone who uses Paint.Net to check out the Paint.Net forums for updates and very useful plugins

STILL struddling

sigpic

PURPLE HELL is back and burning!! See you there!

Comment

A quick question for anybody who has recently downloaded Paint.Net

I have just tried, and I immediately get a WINZIP pop-up, prompting me to purchase that program.
                Anyone else encounter this ?

Comment

Hi donaud,

Sounds like you might have malware on your computer, not sure though. What does this message exactly say?
                  Can you tell me from where exactly you did download it?
                  And how sure you are that both things have to do with each other?

Other questions are also:
                  Is your download of Paint.net a .zip file? Did you try to unzip it when the pop-up came up? And do you have winzip trial version on your pc?
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by donaud View Post
                    A quick question for anybody who has recently downloaded Paint.Net

I have just tried, and I immediately get a WINZIP pop-up, prompting me to purchase that program.
                    Anyone else encounter this ?
                    I know it is a lil' late to give another answer but have you checked with the Paint.NET forums? There may be an answer here for example:
                    http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewf...b5873f6f7ad818
                    I hope this may also be of some help

STILL struddling

sigpic

PURPLE HELL is back and burning!! See you there!

Comment

Working...
                    X