No announcement yet.

Strange Phobias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm OK with snakes and spiders and anything with wings...have no fear for needles at all, either. I even love having that numbing shots in my mouth when I go see my dentist

BUT

I hate ANTS.
    I'm afraid of ANTS. Doesn't matter big or small, black or red, I can't stand ANTS! I would love to know why God created ants. Once I saw an army of ants walking across my grandma's kitchen wall and I fainted.
    Proud Member of the Dunce Hat Society

Comment

Well i know it sounds completely stupid but i am quite scared of...

New York!
      Concrete jungle where dreams are made of,
      There's nothing you can’t do,

Now you're in New York!
      These streets will make you feel brand new,
      These lights will inspire you,
      Let's hear it for New York, New York, New York

JAY Z AND ALICIA KEYS - EMPIRE STATE OF MIND CLICK HERE

Comment

Omg that would be terrifying Clank!
        For me If a spider climbed up it I would never be able to go in a shower again!!
        Sister Dia <3
        Elite Member of GFARDTO

Why Are YOU Worrying about You-Know-Who?
        You SHOULD Be Worrying About
        U-NO-POO -
        the CONSTIPATION SENSATION That's Gripping the Nation!

Why so Serious?

Comment

I'll add two things I was scared of as a small child that are kind of amusing to me now (I'm not afraid of them anymore though ). I was terrified of being in a car when it went through a car wash and also when planes flew over head I always had to be under shelter (mainly because I grew up next to an airport and they were pretty low when they passed over the house).

Comment

Originally posted by Mcakkay View Post
            Omg that would be terrifying Clank!
            For me If a spider climbed up it I would never be able to go in a shower again!!
            That DID happen to me back in the house where I grew up!! We lived in the country, and I've had some very bad experiences with wolf spiders. *shivers again* Don't remember the kind of spider that came out of the drain before I ran the water. Needless to say he had to learn REAL QUICK how to swim. (I turned the water on high to wash him down. )

@Jack....I can understand those fears!!!! Especially if you're just a small child!

Comment

Between you both, Escape and Jack, you got me conjuring up an old one I had as a kid in the country. My cousins dairy farm had a fence around the house with an Old Crow Whiskey display nailed on it. I was terrified of it and wouldn't walk around that side of the house. Well once my cousins figured that out I was dead meat. One visit they asked me to get something out of the shed and when I swung open the door there was Old Crow staring at me. They had moved it.

I HAD buried that one...thanks alot! LOL. I found a pic of him but I don't remember the red vest.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	crowdisplay1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	1690607

Comment

Aww...Poor RBS. Sorry to have brought up the bad memory. LOL. Relatives can be so cruel about such things. But I must admit, he's pretty creepy looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Clank View Post

That reminds me of the trumpetvine we used to have growing in our front yard where I grew up... Somehow, it managed to get in our pipes and would grow out of the overflow spout in the bathtub. It freaked me out so bad, I refused to even look at it and made my mom or dad come pull it out. Every time I got a bath in that house, I had to check to make sure there wasn't anything creeping out. :shudders:
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonthread View Post
                    That reminds me of the trumpetvine we used to have growing in our front yard where I grew up... Somehow, it managed to get in our pipes and would grow out of the overflow spout in the bathtub. It freaked me out so bad, I refused to even look at it and made my mom or dad come pull it out. Every time I got a bath in that house, I had to check to make sure there wasn't anything creeping out. :shudders:
                    Exactly!
                    Everytime i go for a shower or in the bath i have to check by pulling the drain cover off But i am controlling it now
                    New York!
                    Concrete jungle where dreams are made of,
                    There's nothing you can’t do,

Now you're in New York!
                    These streets will make you feel brand new,
                    These lights will inspire you,
                    Let's hear it for New York, New York, New York

JAY Z AND ALICIA KEYS - EMPIRE STATE OF MIND CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonthread View Post
                      Oh wow! That would be extremely frightening *shudder*

I have a fear of the butterfly effect as silly as it may seem... and how the world could drastically change unexpectedly, which makes seeing films like The Day After Tomorrow and the The Core kind of creepy, despite the "happy" endings and unreasonableness.
                      Time is a mysterious thing. never eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Clank View Post

This happens all the time where I live but not with newts Spiders are always crawling up the thing in the shower
                        Use to be afraid of spiders but not so much anymore

Thinking about it I remember two things, I use to be afraid when birds flew over head that they would give me a "present" on my head

I'm also afraid that if I think too long about how space couldn't/could go on forever and other things like that, that I will dissapear! It stinks because I usually think about stuff like that and I can't get it out of my head and if I think real hard I kinda feel light headed

Comment

oh i'm also afraid of space i can look at the night sky but if someone had a picture i would freak out! i'm afraid that if i every become an asternaut(however you spell it) i might become disconected and drift into space!!
                          I am and will always be a timetraveler

Comment

Fear of death , blood , insects , dogs , rodents , stage , being scolded .
                            And I am 19 , Can you believe that ?
                            If cancer is our love, then I hope you don’t have the technology of chemotherapy.

Comment

i av phobia for DARK .
                              can't b at a dark lonely place alone

addicting games

Comment

i have a phobia about heights except its not really me that has this fear, it is my knees! they just start to wobble involuntarily and i can't do a thing about it lol
                                I'm Hungry, let's get a taco, Thirsty? drink moloko
                                Gamershood Online Paradise is now on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                                X