Strange Phobias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nunu View Post
    I'm not afraid of death. Just what's after it.
    And. I'm afraid of shots. !!!
    I want to know. No offense. WHy is everyone afraid of spiders? One, sure their hairy. SO are apes. Are you afraid of apes?
    Two, spiders are excellent for catching pest bugs. So, do you prefer 10 mosquitos to one spider?
    Three, not many spiders are very poisonous. In fact most spiders are nontoxic!
    Can i just say....
    A phobia is defined as an IRRATIONAL fear.
    That means there is no real explanation, and someone wont be able to describe why they are afraid.
    For example, I have Arachnophobia. However, i dont know why myself. Its not because they are hairy, i find the smaller, longlegged and hairless ones the scariest. And im not afraid of being bitten. I know they are tiny and im huge, I just shake if im near one and get a terrible feeling to run away. Basically, if you dont have it youll never understand what its like.

So youll never know why

Comment

I don't know why but I have an intense fear of full-face gas masks and old/antique diving helmets - even modern surface supplied divers freak me out. It has to do something with fear of suffocation I guess, somehow I can't stand if a person's face isn't visible. Strange because I can't remember that I had any traumatic experience of this kind.
      Same with elevators: when I was a child we lived on the 7th floor, I used it every day and never have stuck in or something, yet I have nightmares of THAT elevator till present day. The elevator gets unleashed somehow and breaking through the roof of the building, and at the end mysteriously it arrives at a subway station and I have to go home again by feet. It's sooo frustrating!
      Originally posted by Frantic Freddie View Post
      I absolutely hate centipedes
      Me too. And millipedes. Eeek!
      Last edited by Fern; 10-07-2009, 16:12:41.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't really have any severe phobias, but one of which would have to be that of murky/deep water. It's more of a fear of me not knowing what's in it than anything else. It's bad enough that I get anxious when I have to go through water in a game.
        Some people just don't understand that the "best" way isn't always the right way.
        Not everyone plays games to win; some people just want to have fun.
        That doesn't mean that winning isn't fun, and I personally find it very rewarding.
        It simply means that there's more to a game than winning.

Comment

i have a long list: spiders, bees, needles, pain, death, hospitals, vomiting, lightning, among other phobias i cant really remember.
          sigpic
          Call me crazy! Im a member of the Loony Bin!
          ONLINE FAMILY!
          Hugo_Smith = Brother

awesomeman = Brother

Humphry = Sister

http://supertoria4umz.smfforfree4.com/

Comment

is the phobia of dogs considered strange?

~ scooch on over closer dear

and i will nibble on your ear ~

Comment

no its not strange, i have phobias of getting my tongue chopped off, and getting my eyelids sown closed (cringes just thinking about it).
              Trust in the
              Heart of the Cards

Comment

Originally posted by Snizzbut View Post
                Can i just say....
                A phobia is defined as an IRRATIONAL fear.
                That means there is no real explanation, and someone wont be able to describe why they are afraid.
                For example, I have Arachnophobia. However, i dont know why myself. Its not because they are hairy, i find the smaller, longlegged and hairless ones the scariest. And im not afraid of being bitten. I know they are tiny and im huge, I just shake if im near one and get a terrible feeling to run away. Basically, if you dont have it youll never understand what its like.

So youll never know why
                I totally agree with that. I have nightmares about them all the time. I can't put my hand under my pillow etc but I don't know why. I just hate them. It has nothing to do with hair or being bit.

I watches this show one time that people with phobias have the immediate reaction to flee as their brains warn them they are in danger when they see the object of their fear. This makes sense to me because whenever I see a spider I get an intense adrenalin rush that would be helpful in a situation that my life would be in danger and I would need to run.
                Sister Dia <3
                Elite Member of GFARDTO

Why Are YOU Worrying about You-Know-Who?
                You SHOULD Be Worrying About
                U-NO-POO -
                the CONSTIPATION SENSATION That's Gripping the Nation!

Why so Serious?

Comment

i had a experience the other day, i saw two snakes huge long about 5-6 foot long black snakes i wasnt afraid at all i knew they wernt posionous or anything adn just watched them, my grandpa killed one of them and told me where he threw it i was trying to avoid where it was thrown nd i saw it when i was mowing knowing full well that it was dead and i just about jumped off of the lawn mower i had a ton of adrenaline too i could deffinetly feel it i hate snakes and i always have no reason why. I used to have dreams though of getting chassed by snakes lol
                  sigpic

Comment

I have a fear of swallowing toothpaste...I still brush my teeth with toothpaste

Comment

Working...
                    X