RULES AND GUIDELINES
This is the set of regulations that applies to all members. Be sure to read all the rules.
The language used on this forums is English, please take discussions in other languages with members from your country to PM.
Moderation has the right to edit posts and the user profiles of members, warn or ban any member who violates the guidelines or disrupts GamersHood Forums.
Rules ( IN SHORT )
1. Post in the appropriate thread
2. Do not use **** or foul language, not even in abbreviated form
3. Do not harass members, moderation or administration.
4. Do not spam (off-topic content, links, numerous smilies etc.)
5. Do not multiple post (reply to your own posts)
6. Do not give away personal information (password, full name, email address etc.)
7. Use spoiler tags to give hints, but do not abuse them.
8. Do not impersonate moderation (do not act as if you were moderator)
9. Do not create multiple accounts
Rules ( IN DETAIL )
1. Post in the appropriate thread
Every game/topic has its own thread. Please post in the appropriate thread.
If a topic is recognized as being posted in the wrong thread, then it will be moved to the appropriate thread by moderation or administration. Off-topic chat in game threads will be deleted, and the poster might get a warning by private message from moderation.
Please be aware that certain new threads must first be approved by moderation before they get visible to members, be patient.
Post new games in the New Games Subforum as mentioned here.
2. No **** content or foul language
Do not post racial, political, gender based insults or any other personal discriminations. Do not use inappropriate language, not even in abbreviated/hidden form. Do not use such language in your username, user title, user profile, avatar, profile picture, or signature.
****ography or any other illegal content or actions (stolen contents, viruses etc.) will not be tolerated, and dealt with strictly.
3. Do not harass members, moderation or administration
Do not make personal attacks on members or staff members, neither in the threads nor by private messaging. Any content with the aim to offend or hurt others won't be tolerated.
You may not pressure other members to anything, e.g.:
Do not send unwanted private messages, do not add members to your signature without their permission, do not pressure members to take part in a game, or to become member of a group.
4. Do not spam
Spamming is posting of useless off-topic content (including numerous smilies) or unwanted links.
If there is spam or bad post, just report it or send a private message to a moderator, otherwise ignore it. Do not post comments on that and leave it for the moderation to deal with it.
5. Do not multiple post
Multiple posting in a row, instead of using the edit button is considered spamming (exception: if you didn't get help in a game after at least 48 hours).
6. Do not give away personal information.
Do not give away personal information (e.g. your full name, address, email address etc.). Be very precautious if you give away such information by PM to other members, because it can be abused. Do not give away your password to anyone.
If any problem occurs because of your unwariness, GamersHood can't take responsibility for the consequences.
7. Use spoiler tags, but do not abuse them
Use spoiler tags to give hints:
[spoiler=Title Here]Enter text here...[/spoiler]
While playing the "Riddle games", do not give any away details of levels or solutions, not even in spoiler tags.
Do not abuse spoilers, use them only if necessary. Use multiple spoilers (spoiler in spoiler) only if reasonable, but limit them to maximum 3.
Do not test spoilers in the game threads, practice them here.
8. Do not create multiple accounts
Each member or household is allowed one account only. If more than one account is opened by a member, then the newest account will be banned permanently and the original account will risk being temporarily banned. Any attempts to create a new account while banned will be dealt with strictly.
1. If there is more than one person in a household that would like an account, then permission must be obtained first from an administrator or moderator. This will generally be allowed as long as there is not reason to believe that the exception is being abused or not used for its intended purpose.
2. If you open an extra account for technical reasons, then let an administrator or moderation know immediately. This will only be allowed on a short term basis, and administration and moderation has the right to refuse the request if this exception is being abused or not used for its intended purpose.
Any attempt to use these exceptions for deceitful purposes will be strictly dealt with.
9. Do not impersonate moderation or administration
Members may not post any content that let other members believe that it was created by moderation or administration. This includes putting comments like "<<DELETED BY MODERATION>>", using a user title like "Moderator, Mod, Administrator, Admin, Banned" etc.
Members may not enforce the rules of the forums, rather inform moderation if you have the impression that a member doesn't follow the rules (see also below).
General Guidelines And Information
In order to become a fully registered member, you need to confirm your email.
After registration, please visit useful threads here, to make yourself comfortable with the usage of the forums.
If you have any further questions about the usage of the forums, please read the FAQ, and check the Questions & Feedback Subforum first. If you don't find an answer to your question, feel free to post a new thread in the Questions&Feedback Subforum, or send a private message to one of the moderators.
If a member has any problem with another member, you can do one or more of the following:
Contact a moderator. They will help you in the best way possible.
Contact the administrator (GamersHood).
If you see a post that violates any of the rules described above, please do one the following (or better both):
1. Use the Report Bad Post button that is located to the right of the button that shows if a member is online/offline.
2. Send a private message to one of the moderators with the link to that post.
Creating a thread doesn't mean that it's the creator's property. If the creator of a thread would like to have special rules for it, the member may contact the moderation team first.
All games with this sign are not suitable for children. Read further information in the first post of the thread.
Users may not argue a moderators or administrators decision publicly. Any complaint directed at a moderator must be addressed through a private message. If the problem cannot be solved, the forum administrator will make or change the final decision.