I Can Guess - TESTERS NEEDED!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know if anyone said this yet, but I got this question:
    Question 6: Makes your choice noises with his mouth ?

I understand it, but for english I think it could be worded better (such as "Does your character speak with its mouth" or closer "Does your choice make noises with his mouth")

Also, "Winnie The Pooh" is spelled "Winnie The Poog"
    On my list was both Omer Simpson, and Homer Simpson

Not sure if these were mistakes, or just differences because of regional spellings/etc.

Didn't guess my character (Bugs Bunny wasn't on the list, so I added him)
    READ
    >>CLICK>>sigpic<<CLICK<<
    It'll SHOCK you!
    Post anything and everything about Short Circuit HERE!

Comment

Who added Kemal Ataturk for christ sakes!
      Last edited by KeepItSimple; 06-22-2009, 03:31:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Justeazy View Post
        Don't know if anyone said this yet, but I got this question:
        Question 6: Makes your choice noises with his mouth ?

I understand it, but for english I think it could be worded better (such as "Does your character speak with its mouth" or closer "Does your choice make noises with his mouth")

Also, "Winnie The Pooh" is spelled "Winnie The Poog"
        On my list was both Omer Simpson, and Homer Simpson

Not sure if these were mistakes, or just differences because of regional spellings/etc.

Didn't guess my character (Bugs Bunny wasn't on the list, so I added him)
        Yes, I did notice some spelling mistakes and such, too.
        This is the downside of letting players add something. I was wondering if it would be too much work for the game author to check new additions and correct them if necessary.

Comment

The game needs to be a little fixed... It asks if the character is a woman, then it asks if it is a man. I added 3 characters: Tweety, Naruto and Pamela Anderson

Comment

Well, the questions are randomized, every time you get different questions, so it can happen that questions pop up that don't seem necessary
            On the other hand, if you have a creature that has no clear gender, then it makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by KeepItSimple View Post
              Who added Kemal Ataturk for christ sakes!
              Hi,
              I guess it's a Turkish player !
              Thanks to playing my game.

Originally posted by Blak_Lala View Post
              The game needs to be a little fixed... It asks if the character is a woman, then it asks if it is a man. I added 3 characters: Tweety, Naruto and Pamela Anderson
              Hi Lala,
              Thanks for your feedback. Sure that the name needs some fixes, working on correlation between questions.
              Bye.

Originally posted by Mistery View Post
              Well, the questions are randomized, every time you get different questions, so it can happen that questions pop up that don't seem necessary
              On the other hand, if you have a creature that has no clear gender, then it makes sense
              Thanks a lot Mistery to reply for me...but in fact, questions are not really random, there is an algorithm (I'm improving it) that ask questions depending on some different criterias.
              Will see soon these improvements.
              Main rule is that there is nothing deterministic in the game...
              Last edited by Adventure; 06-23-2009, 11:36:49. Reason: Please use the multiquote feature (on the right of the quote button) to avoid multiple posting. Thank you! :)
              Go and have fun at www.icanguess.com

Comment

Dear all,
                I made an important imrovement in the game. Could some players test it and give me some feedback. That will help a lot to improve the game.
                Thanks a lot.

Comment

I tested it twice
                  I'm not sure what improvements you have made.
                  I have noticed that there have been double questions, e.g. twice if my choice was musician; this happened both times I have played. Or once I had the question if my choice was older than 60 years old, and then two questions later if my choice was born before 1950.
                  Anyhow, one of the characters wasn't in the database, I added it. The other time my character was guessed

EDIT
                  Played twice more, and again, questions have re-occured within one game, e.g. if my character was from a cartoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mistery View Post
                    I tested it twice
                    I'm not sure what improvements you have made.
                    I have noticed that there have been double questions, e.g. twice if my choice was musician; this happened both times I have played. Or once I had the question if my choice was older than 60 years old, and then two questions later if my choice was born before 1950.
                    Anyhow, one of the characters wasn't in the database, I added it. The other time my character was guessed

EDIT
                    Played twice more, and again, questions have re-occured within one game, e.g. if my character was from a cartoon.
                    Thank you Mistery for the (only one) feedback.
                    My improvements consists to ask more optimizes questions depending on past questions. Right that there are some duplicated questions added by players.
                    I'll work on that hoping next version will be quite better.

Thanks

Comment

I think this is really cool. I view it more as an experiment than it is itself a game. I'd be interested in seeing how it learns and adapts over the course of days, months, etc. The only criticism i have, and i don't know how difficult this would be to program, is I think it may work better if you could somehow ask the questions that better segregate the results first off (i.e. is your character female?, is your character still alive?, etc.). That way your results can be narrowed down early. Other than that, great idea, I'll keep adding to your database.

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis View Post
                        I think this is really cool. I view it more as an experiment than it is itself a game. I'd be interested in seeing how it learns and adapts over the course of days, months, etc. The only criticism i have, and i don't know how difficult this would be to program, is I think it may work better if you could somehow ask the questions that better segregate the results first off (i.e. is your character female?, is your character still alive?, etc.). That way your results can be narrowed down early. Other than that, great idea, I'll keep adding to your database.
                        Hi Genghis,
                        Thanks for your feedback. Difficult to explain here the logic behind the game. Just want to let you know there is nothing "pre-defined" in questions/answers, everything depends on the player's answer: he may be wrong or just doesn't the good answer...The game will never assume the good answer (e.g. never 100% sure that a character is died or is a female).
                        Obviously, more games are played, more accurate will be the guessing.
                        Cheers

Comment

Dear all,

Thank you all to have try my game.
                          Just want to let you know about last improvements:
                          asked question have been optimized and should guess you character quickly...
                          Next improvement: will work to not ask "similar" questions as "Is you choice a woman" , then "Is you choice a man"... coming soon (maybe this week end)

Be aware that the game is pretty new number of played games is not important enough to guess all characters (about half of characters in database have been played once only). But the game will improve itself with your games.

Thanks again
                          icanguess

Comment

Cute game. I've only played one all the way through, went with Angelina Jolie since I saw her on the list when I started and I knew that I should be able to get her if your game worked right. Success!
                            I definitely noticed the same double/unnecessary question glitches as the past users, a few English gramatical errors.
                            And then you have problems with rumors versus truth. While your questions are all pretty non-controversial and it steers clear of debatable tabloid trash...you may get some wrong answers because so many of your users assume things, like the nationality of an actor based off of a foreign accent they did well in a movie; or thinking that the Mario Brothers turtle monsters (koopas?) are definitely male. Or possibly start an off-topic culture war with people arguing about weather that Hollywood "it" girl can really be called a musician with one failed record release with no critical acclaim.
                            "Winnie the poog" is an easy enough user typo to spot and correct, but you'll need to decide weather or not you want to leave other things up to popular vote, even if they can be proven wrong, or weather you want to want to try and make it all completely truthful moderated fact. And if you want to go the latter route, you'll need to figure out exactly how you define fact on a case by case basis. If I had to guess, I don't think you'll make it a year before you are too exhausted to cackle maniacally as they wheel you off to the loony bin.
                            I hope I am wrong, because this is soooo fun! It needs quite a bit of tweaking yet, but you have obviously put more work than I can imagine into getting it to run this well thus far. Kudos! I'll definitely be coming back to check in on this and give you a few database runthroughs as this game progresses. As much as I can see the other user's point about people loosing interest if the game doesn't run right, I think a creature like this is more complex than just some glitchy room escape game because you can watch it grow and help it along with input when it fails. Depends on what your idea of a game is I suppose, but it's not a deterrent for me in this case.

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by ClimbingZeWalls View Post
                              Cute game. I've only played one all the way through, went with Angelina Jolie since I saw her on the list when I started and I knew that I should be able to get her if your game worked right. Success!
                              I definitely noticed the same double/unnecessary question glitches as the past users, a few English gramatical errors.
                              And then you have problems with rumors versus truth. While your questions are all pretty non-controversial and it steers clear of debatable tabloid trash...you may get some wrong answers because so many of your users assume things, like the nationality of an actor based off of a foreign accent they did well in a movie; or thinking that the Mario Brothers turtle monsters (koopas?) are definitely male. Or possibly start an off-topic culture war with people arguing about weather that Hollywood "it" girl can really be called a musician with one failed record release with no critical acclaim.
                              "Winnie the poog" is an easy enough user typo to spot and correct, but you'll need to decide weather or not you want to leave other things up to popular vote, even if they can be proven wrong, or weather you want to want to try and make it all completely truthful moderated fact. And if you want to go the latter route, you'll need to figure out exactly how you define fact on a case by case basis. If I had to guess, I don't think you'll make it a year before you are too exhausted to cackle maniacally as they wheel you off to the loony bin.
                              I hope I am wrong, because this is soooo fun! It needs quite a bit of tweaking yet, but you have obviously put more work than I can imagine into getting it to run this well thus far. Kudos! I'll definitely be coming back to check in on this and give you a few database runthroughs as this game progresses. As much as I can see the other user's point about people loosing interest if the game doesn't run right, I think a creature like this is more complex than just some glitchy room escape game because you can watch it grow and help it along with input when it fails. Depends on what your idea of a game is I suppose, but it's not a deterrent for me in this case.

Good job!
                              Hi ClimbingZeWalls,

Thank you for your great comment on my game.
                              Your analyze is very good on this subject.
                              I'll reply to you tomorrow (too tired, will go to sleep).

Cheers.
                              icanguess

Comment

Ill test any game put in front of me {=-)

Comment

Working...
                                X