Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Alright, I just need a bit convincing here, I was on xat.com and I noticed that this one person was online, but the person told me he HACKED her account, aswell as her email, youtube, and myspace! He said the only way he wouldn't hack her photobucket account was if I downloaded this picture and told him if I liked it. I clicked on a link, and the download was a .zip file. I told him that viruses and trojan horses could be in there. He said no, only .rar files could hold them. I was a bit worried, but I decided it was the only way I would ever see the person again. I downloaded, and my CMD came up and a little popup said " Trojan download is downloading... Total system shutdown is 50:00:00,49:00:00,48:00:00..." and so on. I immediatly shut off my computer, but I'm worried that if it was partially downloaded it could still harm my computer. Whatever you do, on xat.com, don't accept ANY downloads from an account with the name "KatseruraAKAKei" , that is the hacker. And whatever you do, NEVER IN YOUR LIFE should you download some file called " download really cool pic(2).zip ". But still, I don't know if it'll harm my computer if it was partially downloaded. The scariest thing is that my Kapersky-anti-virus didn't come up. Any advice?
    Personal Quotes:"Fighting on the internet is like the Special Olympics. If you win, you're still retarded."
    "First Unspoken Rule Of The Internet: Nobody gives a *bleep*"
    Highlight the area below for a fortune about your life!
    If you actually highlighted this, you have no life.

First of all a warning to everyone not to download anything unless you can be sure it's not containing malware or viruses.
    Especially if a hacker tells you to download something... This won't help anyone who has been hacked, but may contaminate your computer

What do you mean by "Kapersky-anti-virus didn't come up"? Doesn't it load at all, or doesn't it find any viruses?

Comment

I think what might have happened is that you thought you were gonna download a zip file that you'd be able to scan with your anti virus program but there is a loop hole in this system that hackers like to use. If you as an administrator of your computer decide to download something, the download itself might not be scanned by your anti virus program. So they claim it is a zip file in order to make you feel safe but when you download you get something else, like a trojan for example that works like a program and are very nasty and difficult to detect.
      You could try Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and see if any malware are detected.

STILL struddling

sigpic

PURPLE HELL is back and burning!! See you there!

Comment

The next time I see him, I'm gonna tell him to go (explicit) himself! Also Mistery, the Kapersky popup that usually comes up to tell me about trojan viral files didn't come up, but kapersky WAS running. I just need to know if my computer will be okay even if it was partially downloaded( The trojan horse)
        Personal Quotes:"Fighting on the internet is like the Special Olympics. If you win, you're still retarded."

Comment

Or even better to ignore him

Make sure you update the virus database, and then make a full scan. And as Lilliputt said, you could additionally download a small anti-malware tool and make a scan.

Comment

Well, I'll be on xat.com/inusama_clan if you need me. my name is Roharu Ichiru. BYE!

Comment

Hotrodboy - I suggest next time something like this happens you ignore a hacker, you should only ever download files from a secure and trusted website, if someone you don't know sends you a file never accept to download it as it could have a virus in it

Comment

Alright, so it was stupid to do, not my fault I didn't want him to hack the last thing she had...

Comment

Additional what Lilliputt and Mistery already mentioned, it too is advised to make in full scan in safe mode. It sometimes can catch and delete/quarantine viruses, trojans etc which when running windows in normal mode would been left out because they hides in software that are in use, and thus can't be deleted/quarantined.
                  Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Okay, I need help on something totally different...

I have had a hotmail account for 10 years or so, and suddenly, I went to login, and it tells me I "don't have an inbox yet." My ENTIRE inbox is GONE!!!! But they still have my account. I'm worried. Does anyone know about this??!!?!

EDIT: I've been checking around online, and it seems MANY are having that problem all around the world. Maybe it's just a temporary glitch and my info is safe.... I hope so....

Comment

mmm i haven't had that problem but i did have a problem with logging into my hotmail account before for nearly 2 hours i couldn't log in...
                      have u sent a report to the customer support people? that's probably all u can do at the moment
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks dear. No, I can't access that, either.

EDIT: Phew! MS must've found the problem. All better.

Comment

yeah, i went to the website and this is what was on it
                          i'm glad u got it sorted out

Click image for larger version

Name:	hotmail.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	1691294
                          sigpic

Comment

You're so awesome, Choc!! Thank you so much! I couldn't even get to their support areas. I really appreciate you looking into that for me.

Comment

yikes
                              they almoast did dat 2 my gmail.....luckly i just cheaked dis

btw: this was befor more dan one persone replyed so i was creeped out
                              .Love.Explore.Laugh.Smile.Shop.Live.Rock.Flirt.Discorve.Accelerate.Express.Challange

Comment

Working...
                              X