Earth Hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earth Hour

It's going to be that time of year again, Earth Hour!

Added by Moderation: You can find our more about it HERE. Saturday, March 28, 2009, 8:30pm local time.

Last year's was pretty cool around my neighbour hood I couldn't see a thing

Who's taking part in it

I will have to try to remember it. I know the city near me takes part it in it. My town/city doesn't that I'm aware of... But I think it's a good idea.

Comment

I don't need earth hour that is for hippies!
      GH's Gaomon Fanboy from Boston, MA!

Comment

Heard of Earth Day but not Earth Hour. Sounds good.

pause

pause

I just celebrated my Earth Second without using my PC.

Comment

Hippie day is earth day.
          They drive their merchez just to get blown up by me!

Comment

If by hippie you mean people wishing not to further destroy the enviroment which will affect us all, then yes I am a hippie and proud of it

Comment

omg you think that is hippies i love the beutey of the places around me and i knwo what pollution can do first hand it can destroy stuff slowly or in a matter of seconds. I am worried about what would happen if everyone didnt care oh wait i know what would happen

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Heartofthedark View Post
                If by hippie you mean people wishing not to further destroy the enviroment which will affect us all, then yes I am a hippie and proud of it
                Yes and the kind that drives jettas and smoke drugs.
                Originally posted by funja View Post
                omg you think that is hippies i love the beutey of the places around me and i knwo what pollution can do first hand it can destroy stuff slowly or in a matter of seconds. I am worried about what would happen if everyone didnt care oh wait i know what would happen

By the way I'm a hippie and my car got blown up by Tails.
                Now I know that the earth will become a wastleland where the point people go to the moon or mars IF the hippies don't stop them.
                I don't take sides on his hippie vs pollution but i'm that guy who often never
                take sides.
                I don't like the way of the nature of being destoryed nor don't like how citys
                often try to clean up.
                One day cars will not need all that gas or eletricity but some other element
                like hydrogen and they will be floating.
                And the factority run of cleaner gases or solar engery.(And wind)
                and already cars are running on solar power!
                I mean that earth hour is a way to get the eletric of the bill!
                My family uses propane to cook.
                Clean and useful!

Comment

I think your whole view on the matter is wrong and destructive and you should read up on the matter to be more knowledgeable before making such a statement like that, also by saying "You don't take sides" but then calling one side "Hippies" is being hippocratic

Humans do need to do something about global warming because even though cleaner technologies are coming, they are not coming fast enough to be the solution, and with the poverty in certain countries, and the cost of expensive technologies, it will be a while before the whole world could convert their harmful technologies to cleaner ones

Comment

and of course even if we do have a sloution it might not be able to reverse what we have already doen
                    sigpic

Comment

@2Tails

One that'd hear you talk might even think that Portugal is helping with the environment, or that is economically and technologically developed. The fact is that our country is actually the one that signed The Kyoto's Protocol, and that isn't keeping up with what it signed for.
                      Not my intention to bash on my own country, but we (you) do not deserve to be bashing on the people that are keeping the planet from getting worse, environmentally.
                      One shouldn't rely on science to find new resources. As Heart says, the cleaner technologies aren't coming fast enough.
                      If everyone in this world would think like you, you might as well just kill me already, because here in half a year, everything would be dead, or near it...
                      Going on a trip around the universe on a convertible

Comment

Originally posted by doglover View Post
                        @2Tails

One that'd hear you talk might even think that Portugal is helping with the environment, or that is economically and technologically developed. The fact is that our country is actually the one that signed The Kyoto's Protocol, and that isn't keeping up with what it signed for.
                        Not my intention to bash on my own country, but we (not you) do not deserve to be bashing on the people that are keeping the planet from getting worse, environmentally.
                        One shouldn't rely on science to find new resources. As Heart says, the cleaner technologies aren't coming fast enough.
                        If everyone in this world would think like you, you might as well just kill me already, because here in half a year, everything would be dead, or near it...
                        I don't care for earth hour.

What you know about my country?!

Comment

Originally posted by doglover View Post
                          @2Tails

Not my intention to bash on my own country, but we (you) do not deserve to be bashing on the people that are keeping the planet from getting worse, environmentally.
                          I'm glad to see that some people have a good sense of reason and don't do everything they can to kill the planet
                          Sorry to hear that your country isn't the best at eco-friendliness though, I hope all the countries get better, mine isn't the greatest either with their clear cut logging and pollution 1000+ year old trees are getting chopped down at a rapid rate here and the logging companies are just insane and greedy

Comment

yeah we even have problems with loggin here but they arnt alowed to clear cut anymore it caused massive landslides but like now when the trees are leafless you can see there arnt alot on some of the mountains and there is alot of scars where roads and all kinds of things have been quickly rutted out and it is terrible i hate how some people just dont care anymore about the beuty of our earth i love being outside and if it continus like this i wont have even that anymore you might think since i live in a rural area it is clean air but we have an average of orange or red air pollution
                            sigpic

Comment

yeah i agree with ur guys points, actually just today we had Tim Flannery who is an Aussie global warming activist talk to us about global warming. like some of the problems we as a whole planet are creating and some things we can do to help the earth.

i remember doing Earth Hour last year, except we did it for 2 hours last time
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X