Murran Chronicles Episode 2: Talons of Terror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murran Chronicles Episode 2: Talons of Terror

Hello everyone, I am new here, but wanted to spread the word that I just released my second ever adventure game (it is free). It is made using AGS, and is a followup to my first game (a series), a sort of X-Files meets Torchwood, meets Men In Black type of thing. The first game (available also on my website) was more for me getting used to the AGS system than making a really amazing game. I feel I have learned however, so I am telling others about game #2.

Sorry for rambling The game is free, and can be downloaded from my website. Here is the info:

-----

The Murran Chronicles Episode 2
    Talons of Terror

STORY :

After the experience in southern New Jersey, you are moved to another division of the FBI and promoted to special agent status. This new division investigates the stranger cases, and this is one of them. Cattle have been mutilated, taken long distances from their farms and eaten by something. There have been sightings of large creatures in the sky and three unsolved murders within recent months. You are thrust into an investigation ripe with intrigue as you explore Montana while trying to solve the mystery of who or what is killing the cattle, and why three people have turned up dead. Could it be a creature thought extinct millions of years ago? Or do the Sioux Indians have something to do with it?

INFO:

Talons of Terror is in 640x480 resolution, running in Hi-Color mode, and is a free download. This was my second game using the AGS engine, and is much better (in my opinion) overall than the first game. It is longer, more professional and polished and a much better experience overall. There was rather extensive beta testing on this (special thanks to all the testers who helped iron this thing out, add a few more puzzles, and make it a much more enjoyable experience overall).

The game focuses on the experience from a story-telling perspective. I try to be as immersive as possible (with some light hearted quips and such mixed in, along with a bunch of hidden and not so hidden references to Adventure Games of old).

I am really proud of this game, and hope you take the time to download and play it. The file size is about 25mb. No voice acting, but maybe in Episode 3.

WEBSITE / DOWNLOAD: http://www.billandnicole.net/games/talons.htm

Please use spoilers to give hints:
    [spoiler=Title Here]Enter text here...[/spoiler]

SCREENSHOTS:

Bill Garrett
    Weggieware Games
    ---------
    The Murran Chronicles
    www.billandnicole.net/games

Welcome to the forums
    Be sure to post new games in the New Games section

Comment

Sorry, lesson learned
      Bill Garrett
      Weggieware Games
      ---------
      The Murran Chronicles

Comment

No problem
        I'm pretty busy with my own game at the moment, but I'm going to try yours in the next days

Comment

Anyone playing? I think its a strange game. I'm stuck at the animal clinic. Don't know what to do! Have got 68 out of 250 points.

Comment

ok i need a hint or something im stuck at the town now talked to everyone and sherif and others over and over and cant do nothing except guess for the jelly beans and have now idea how many there are or any hint on it so yea its a cool game but im just lost on what to do next talked to the guy in the hardware place about the stuff u suppose too and the indian guy walks out of the store and the manager says i think u should leave now and i done everything over again talking to people and have no idea what to do or where to go talked to the musem guy and still stuck so please give me a hint or something

kumari

Anyone playing? I think its a strange game. I'm stuck at the animal clinic. Don't know what to do! Have got 68 out of 250 points.

ok some help
            i cant remember but yea i got over 100 points just stuck at the town now and cant do anything else sucks that im stuck
            Last edited by Mistery; 04-11-2009, 00:33:38. Reason: Use the EDIT button to edit your posts instead of multiple posting. Use spoilers to give hints

Comment

Originally posted by kumari View Post
              At the animal clinic, you only need to do one thing really, and that is speak with the woman and hear her story about the winged creature the Sheriff mentioned.

-Bill

Originally posted by Guardwolf21 View Post
              ok i need a hint or something im stuck at the town now talked to everyone and sherif and others over and over and cant do nothing except guess for the jelly beans and have now idea how many there are or any hint on it so yea its a cool game but im just lost on what to do next talked to the guy in the hardware place about the stuff u suppose too and the indian guy walks out of the store and the manager says i think u should leave now and i done everything over again talking to people and have no idea what to do or where to go talked to the musem guy and still stuck so please give me a hint or something

kumari
              Sorry you got stuck, but this is the only spot where you can really get stuck if not paying attention. When you first walk into the hardware store, the owner is talking to Mingo (the Indian who walks out when you ask about the Thunderbird). During the initial converstion the first time you enter the shop, he mentions how many jellybeans are in the jar.

If you didn't hear the number, you will basically have to guess.. 1, 2, 3, 4, etc..

Hope it helps,

Bill
              Last edited by Mistery; 04-11-2009, 02:48:09. Reason: merged posts
              Bill Garrett
              Weggieware Games
              ---------
              The Murran Chronicles

Comment

that helps thanks i beat the 1st and 2nd game now so waiting for the next one hope its soon

Comment

Working...
                X