Sushi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sushi?

Just wondering what you order when you go to a sushi restaurant? If you chose other please explain which

I typically order the kani (Crab), ebi (Shrimp), tuna and salmon nigiri(Bite sized sushi on rice) with tuna and salmon maki(Roll with rice on the inside not outside), sometimes I get the B.C. or alaska rolls Sashimi is really really good also but I only eat the salmon or tuna ones as anything else is a really wierd texture

As for other, the sunomono(Lemon juice, noodles and a protein) is good along with some fried gyoza(pork dumplings) and salmon belly Robata(BBQ) Agedashi tofu is amazing but can have a weird texture at times Oh and I recently tried ika karaage (Kalamari)

What do you eat, and are you a fan of sushi?
    I eat nigiri (Bite sized sushi on rice)
    16.67%
    I eat maki (Roll with rice on inside)
    23.33%
    I eat western sushi (Roll with rice on outside)
    3.33%
    I eat sashimi (Sliced raw fish)
    13.33%
    I eat other things at a sushi restaurant
    6.67%
    I'm a fan of sushi
    26.67%
    It's alright
    6.67%
    I don't like it much
    0.00%
    Never tried it/Eat other forms of sushi
    3.33%

I had sushi for the first time last Friday, and wow....it was weird! I don't know the names of the things I tried, though. So I'll describe them as best I can. I only tried two things. Otherwise I had broccoli and terryaki chicken. (Which was AWESOME there. )

Anyway, I tried something that had shrimp in it....I think my friend said it was fried or something, and it was in a roll... That one wasn't half bad.

The other thing I tried had EEL in it. Eel, avocado, rice, and some sort of root? I don't think it was cooked. Anyway, that one was AWFUL! I almost gagged right there at the table. But BAH!! Not only was the taste not good, but the TEXTURE was HORRIBLE! OMB! It was not something I'd try again! LOL. No way... Anyway, I can definitely vouch for the terryaki chicken there!

Comment

Ew...I can feel the slimy texture of the sushi you had in my mouth, Escape Girl... I think you had one of those California rolls...

Mixing eel and avocado in a form of food should be a punishable offense in my book! like, first degree food abuse or something.

But I like some sushi...like one with custard like egg on it and just plain tuna piece on it. Those are good
      Proud Member of the Dunce Hat Society

Comment

I LOVE SUSHI :3
        Ebi is my favorite.
        GH's Gaomon Fanboy from Boston, MA!

Comment

I like maki. Especially the California rolls i get from the supermarket. mmmmm... also, the california rolls have crab,rice, avocado and a carrot (i think it's a carrot) in them. at least, the ones i get do.
          When life gives you lemons,EAT THEM RAW AND ASK FOR SECONDS.
          so nerdy its cool
          teh wootness

Comment

i dunno what type i get my mum seems to get the one i like though xD
            .Love.Explore.Laugh.Smile.Shop.Live.Rock.Flirt.Discorve.Accelerate.Express.Challange

Comment

The only sushi i like is not available at stores or restaraunts. my uncle makes it.

Comment

Originally posted by EscapeGirl View Post
                The other thing I tried had EEL in it. Eel, avocado, rice, and some sort of root? I don't think it was cooked. Anyway, that one was AWFUL! I almost gagged right there at the table. But BAH!! Not only was the taste not good, but the TEXTURE was HORRIBLE! OMB! It was not something I'd try again! LOL. No way...
                I think you had a caterpillar roll. Never tried that one btw.
                Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Adventure View Post
                  I think you had a caterpillar roll. Never tried that one btw.
                  I remember them talking about that when they were deciding what to order. I don't know for sure that's what they ordered, but I do remember it mentioned. I'll be sure to steer clear from that one. Thanks.

Comment

I usually get a sashimi platter at the sushi restaurant at least once a month. I am partial to unagi (eel) as well.

Comment

There is alot of sushi lovers.

Comment

I love sushi even though I know it's raw it's good anyway especially sashimi!
                        ~~~Cookies are the best weapon against war~~~

Mwahaha
                        Epicc people::Escapade a.k.a. EscapeGirl Jee etch Juan a.k.a. Gh1 Clankity Clank Clank a.k.a. Clank
                        Elle! a.k.a. uhm.. Elle Bronny! a.k.a. Bronwyn Shineeyy a.k.a. Shining Star
                        and otherss... You Know Who You Are

Stacking Ftw:3-3-3:2.11 3-6-3:2.61 Cycle:7.13!!
                        Wish me luck for the Six!!!

Comment

sushi is definitely one of my favourite foods
                          i buy it at my school's cafe everytime i decide to buy my lunch
                          i love maki the best
                          sigpic

Comment

And Maki is.....

Comment

My favorite sushi is only available seasonally. During the Seattle Mariner's season, they have a sushi place at Safeco Field where you can get an Ichi-Roll, (a play on words after our outfielder, Ichiro Suzuki).
                              Don't forget you are awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X