X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For first, thanks for the feedback!

I try to say it as short as possible.

We get most of our games from the people who submit them here. And i think this is the right place to say "Thank You".

And. There are many many sites who distribute p'n'c and other this kind of games. The flash plasticthinking is just one of them.

And about the delay you was talking about. Like you see, the server is slow at the moment, so, it's very frustrating to submit games. I'm working with the new server at the moment. That's why the games appear few days later sometimes. It just takes some time to check the real games and spam. I have to submit games what people submit. I just can't ignore them or can i? If they copy links from other sites, fine, how can i check that.

And one more thing. Many peolpe who visit other this kind of sites are visiting this site too. And some of them submit new games and so on and on and on.

Shortly i wanted to say that we just don't copy literally games from other sites. Our visitors leads us. That's how the things are rolling. Thank you again submiters.
    And ofcourse we got our origin sources to check(BBC, Sarbakan, EyeMaze etc.)

And Merry Christmas to you too. And happy New Year

He who fights and runs away can run away another day.

Comment

Hi,

I don't want to sound fussy, but I realized that some names of games are wrong spelled on Gamershood, e.g.
      Firefall instead of Firewall
      Detective Hearts Case 01 instead of Detective Hearst Case 01

Of course, things like these can happen if we are typing quickly (happens to me, too).

But this causes problems when people want to look for games by using the search function.

Hope you don't mind my remark here. Besides I like to be a member of Gamershood and I think everything else is great!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        what button. you english people just talk somet of the other
        and HOW DO YOU REGISTER GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR *^$%?"!*&%$
        whoa calm down, scroll up, and find the register tab at the top in the blue part.
        Reality is an illusion created by lack of alcohol

Comment

hot games

Hi!
          I suggest to put the 'hot' games in a family! or make an pictogram, like an warning (that you do with words) in the little presentation of the game. I have no problem of morality with them ( I'm an adult) but even if I say to my kids ( who like to play on gamershood) not to play these games, I 'm always afraid they click on it.
          They do not read english!!!
          what do you think of it?
          thank's to answer me!
          The Buggers are safe when I play at Gamershood!

Comment

Games with adult contents

I know that the desicion is up to GamersHood but still I wanted to post my opinion.
            I guess that your idea is a good one and I support it.
            However we must be aware that specific symbols for games with adult content could have two opposite effects:
            - Minors who accept that those games are not for them could easily make out which games they should not click (and this would be especially good for kids who don't know English very well)
            - On the other hand kids who don't accept that such games are not for them could be even more attracted by the "forbidden" symbol).

As I said I support your idea but it is of course not possible for us to make sure that games with adult contents are are not played by minors. Putting them in one forum together would make it even easier to find them for those kids who still would play them. Therefore I would prefer just adding a warning sign and leave them in the category where they are.

Comment

The easiest and probably the best solution is to put a warning sign. But it's up to my programmer who is a bit busy at the moment.
              I would also add a "sign thingy" what would say the language of the game. So it would be easier to find English games only.

But like i said, unfortunately it's not up to me at the moment but i will let you know when it's done

Comment

Thanks for your answer.
                A quick question:
                Couldn't we use for the threads the warning sign (the triangle with the exlamation mark) for the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by Mistery
                  Thanks for your answer.
                  A quick question:
                  Couldn't we use for the threads the warning sign (the triangle with the exlamation mark) for the moment?
                  Yes, that's a good idea. It's the least i, moderators and visitors can do here at forums when they post a new topic.
                  Tomorrow or sooner i can change the exclamation mark a bit, if you like, i can change it to "a red ring" or something.

Comment

Yes, something like that would be great!
                    And then we could start labeling threads with adult contents.

A warning sign on the game server and also a language label would be also great, but I see that these things take time.
                    But at least we could start categorising the threads in the next couple of days.

Comment

I really want to thank you to have retain my suggestion!
                      I understand what you say, Mistery about the bad effect. but if the game is marked, the child can't say that he didn't know, he takes his responsability.
                      I read the forum during several months before register and I could see that you were a good team!
                      thank you so much

Comment

Thanks for your nice words, ender. Yes, I think that we are a dream team and it's a pleasure to work with such a great team!

Right, I guess I will start to add the warning sign to threads over the week-end but the whole work will need some time.
                        I would be glad if you could support us a little bit - so if you detect games that have no verbal warnings so far, or if you see that I or other staff members miss to add a warning sign to a game that should have one, please don't hesitate to tell us (e.g. send a PM to one of the moderators with the link to the game thread). Thank you.
                        Last edited by Mistery; 05-19-2006, 21:39:29.

Comment

I agree this all is a great idea. I will have some free time this week. I will see if I can help out with some warnings as well. I really like the red exclamation mark, idea as well. It is like ender says...
                          Originally posted by ender
                          ...if the game is marked, the child can't say that he didn't know, he takes his responsability.
                          That really would be true. It would also definately help parents better figure out what games are okay for thier kids.
                          Seeking Where My Alien & Mysterious Sis Has gone???
                          Looney GHer!

Comment

Yes indeed a very good idea. I am free this weekend too . We do have a lot of young users on GamersHood. It was really nice of Ender to suggest this.
                            Cℓĭck Here to pℓαγ "Tђє First Door"
                            tђє мost cђαℓℓєηgĭηg oηℓĭηє qυєst.

"We don't stop playing games because we grow old,
                            we grow old because we stop playing games"
                            sigpic

Comment

hi! dream team!
                              first of all, of course I will help you, if I can!!!!! and then, I' m not nice to suggest this , YOU'RE NICE to accept!!!

A little digression to say that your new avatar, Eternal Becky is really, really beautiful! waouuhhh!

Comment

Games in English

Hello!

I think it would be great if there was a section for games (in each genre) that are in english. Many times I get excited to play a game only to be disappointed that I don't understand the language.

Thanks for your time.
                                Last edited by smfd26; 06-09-2006, 23:11:10.

Comment

Working...
                                X