Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Swine Flu Virus

The Texas Governor is playing it pretty cool. Doing his best to keep people calm however all high school sports have been postponed.

I am not sure I am buying this "evidence" that Americans are not as harmed by it as the Mexican Nationals are.

I just pray none of my friends family or self needs the emergency room for ANY reason anytime soon. I hear people are overcrowding our facilities at the first sign of a cough or a wheeze.

Please take good care of yourself over there, RBS. I saw they also closed a park over there... The have school closures at several schools in my state due to finding people had transmitted the virus (as they do in yours.)

CDC is recommending FREQUENT handwashing, staying home if you're ill at all - and see a doctor, and of course coughing/sneezing into a tissue your sleeve. Keep your hands away from your eyes, nose, and mouth.

geez im freeeked
    the swne flu is going around NZ thanks 2 the students who went to mexico and on of them played rep soccer
    NOT A GOOD TIME TO BE A CLEAN FREEK PEOPLE!!!
    .Love.Explore.Laugh.Smile.Shop.Live.Rock.Flirt.Discorve.Accelerate.Express.Challange

Quote Originally Posted by RBS View Post
    I am not sure I am buying this "evidence" that Americans are not as harmed by it as the Mexican Nationals are.
    I apologize if my post offended you. I was in the assumption due what I heard and read that there was an unknown factor that caused this flu only appeared to be fatal in Mexico. Hence why I wrote I probably would be scared when I lived in Mexico. I was so naive to hope this flue wouldn't make anymore victims. It appeared that this flu could be suppressed by meds, and that the human body was able to get rid of this virus itself. Previous is was still a mystery why this virus only had made victims in Mexico, it was even scientific discussed. But now it has made a victim outside Mexico. And with that my hope it wouldn't be that worse in the end like they say it will be is not that strong anymore.

It's terrible and devastating for everyone who has lost someone due this flu. And it's scary for everyone who got infected and their close ones, as well for the people who live nearby. I admit it's for me more easy to not panic or to be seriously scared, as there are no cases found in the Netherlands yet. Nevertheless I am worried and very concerned, and I truly hope this flu will stop spreading. I read it seems like this flu is stabilizing in Mexico, but if this means a pandemic will not come after all.. Lets pray and hope for the best.
    Faily of Kzin

WHO (World Health Organization) has officially raised the threat level to a 5 out of 6 on their scale, which they say means a pandemic is imminent. However, before we all panic too much, they do not know how severe it will be, as there are many unanswered questions. Not allowing ourselves to panic over it is a good idea, or else we'll be consumed with worry. (I say this as much for others as I do for myself. ) The best we can do for the time being is follow the precautionary measures and hope for the best outcome possible. My heart goes out to all who have been affected so far...

All of this makes me want to play the "Pandemic" games... that sounds horrible, but I feel like the games have come to life. I look at the map Adventure posted, and I keep thinking, "Ooh, still so many more countries uninfected..."

Thats so sad about the 23 month old baby, Still no confirmed cases here in Australian, but some people comuting in the larger city's here are starting to wear masks, which is quite freaky to see. Hopefully we will see the end of this very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventure View Post
    I apologize if my post offended you.
    No apology needed. I was not referring to your post Adventure. I meant that it is way too early to trust the numbers we are seeing today. Tomorrow they will be larger, and in a week who knows. Soon I don't think the focus will just be on Mexico.

Saying this early one person is more immune than another just doesn't sit well with me. So I am washing my hands, bedsheets, clothes daily now. House smells like Lysol.

i think at the moment, here anyway, people are overreacting a bit to the news. there are now nearly 100 suspected cases of the swine flu here.
    it's so sad hearing about all the deaths over in mexico and also of that little mexican boy who died in america

i know a couple of people at my school who's families had to go into quarrintine because they were on the flight, mostly their dad's on business trips.

We have a confirmed case of the swine flu in our area. A teenage girl was confirmed to have it today, and her private high school will be closed for the remainder of the week.

If I understand correctly, the 23-month-old baby also died in our city, although he was actually from Mexico.
    Last edited by Crimsonthread; 04-30-2009 at 03:29:22.