Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games dont load or Take a while to load...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games dont load or Take a while to load...

I used to be able to play games but now everything just shows a blank white screen. Do I need to install any software for these games to work?

Try to install the new flash player:
    http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...ShockwaveFlash
    That should help

He who fights and runs away can run away another day.

Comment

My IE has no problem opening any game but this Dumpling Shop Escape game http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14734.
      I'm certain it's not because of the pop-up blocker, but could someone think of any reason why just this game doesn't open?
      Proud Member of the Dunce Hat Society

Comment

Originally posted by New1000 View Post
        works for me right now. maybe its fixed.
        Indeed, the issues have been fixed, and the games work again

Originally posted by Smidget View Post
        My IE has no problem opening any game but this Dumpling Shop Escape game http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14734.
        I'm certain it's not because of the pop-up blocker, but could someone think of any reason why just this game doesn't open?
        Hmmm, do you mean the game or the page?
        For me the page doesn't load at the moment, so that I assume that the server is down. For the moment I've added an alternative link to the thread.
        If you really mean the game, then maybe you could try another browser instead of IE

Comment

Thank you for the alternative link, Mistery. I finally got to the game
          Probably their server was down whenever I tried to access.
          Proud Member of the Dunce Hat Society

Comment

hey every1,

Has any1 had any games on here that either take aaaages to load, have to keep refreshing to load or just dont load up at all..(meaning the ads will show top and bottom with a BIG white space in the middle where the game should be...???

Im asking cos i have had this...it might be cos im using an old windows ME comp..or that i havnt got the up-to-date (as up-to-date as i can get for this comp anyway) flash player for M.E. or something.....any1 got any ideas for this as i could use a bit of help from all you gamers out there...i do know a fair bit bout comps..but im a bit stuck on this one...(and for all you guys out there..NO its not cos im a GIRL ok? lol)

But yeah..i could do with sum advice pls..
            sigpic

Comment

Well the general things you can do:
              - Update your browser (Internet Explorer, FireFox, or whatever you are using)
              - Update your Flash Player

Sometimes refreshing the page can help, too.

And how long it takes for a game to load is also dependent of the speed of your internet connection. Dial-up connections can take very long, whereas if you have a fast internet connection, games are loaded fast.

Comment

hey mistery,

I have already tried to download a higher internet explorer but it wont let me, and i have downloaded firefox2.0.20 but even when using that the games dont want to run at all...i have downloaded the the most up-to-date flash play i can for M.E (adobe flash player 9.0.28 i think or something like that) but i think in all honesty..i need a new dam computer..but i cant afford one lol..so i gotta stick with what i got ...i will try to update everything and let you know how its goin...but i have tried before nearly alll day..with no luck..but maybe theres some other ones i havnt tried yet..

Thanks for you advice anyway..ill give it another go..
                sigpic

Comment

I see. Yes Windows ME is meanwhile a pretty outdated operating system, and you are right that it doesn't support the latest updates
                  Although some of the newest games are for Flash Player 10, most of the games should run fine with Flash Player 9.

And indeed there are games that have no preloader (which shows you the loading process), in that case you really see ad and an empty space where the game screen will appear when the game has fully loaded.

You didn't mention what kind of internet connection you have. Do you have dial-up?

Comment

no its no dial up..did have it once didnt think it was very good..have tiscali broadband..have been very good to me over the time i have had it...i havnt had any problems when loading up games, ebay, amazon etc..
                    sigpic

Comment

Okay, broadband is good
                      Then your problems might be connected to your older system, and not available updates
                      But I do hope that a part of the games still works for you

And maybe we have other members who have Windows ME and can tell if they experience the same problems or not.

Comment

i think the same thing there mistery..its my old comp..i have been goin through the games and i have found that most of them work...im not dissappointed with this site...not at all.the games are real good...its my comp im fed up with lol...thanks for you advice..its good to know what is wrong lol
                        sigpic

Comment

loading stops at 97 or 99 %....

hi,

يn the last time i have this problem very often, tat the loading of the games stops at 97 or 99% and then stays like that...

I tried it with IE and firefox, same prob with both of them...
                          can so. help?

greetings
                          maik

Comment

Hi speeddemon,

It's strange why it does stop just before finishing the loading process. And I have no clear answer. So some things to try:

1. Are you using the latest Flash Player? Go to this site, and it will show you the currently installed version:
                            http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html
                            The latest version if 10.0.32.18. If you don't have this one, you might want to try and update your Flash Player.

2. You could try to de-install and re-install the Flash Player. In order to make the process smooth, I'd recommend you to reboot after de-installing and after re-installing.

Please try first these steps and post back if they have helped or not.

Comment

Working...
                            X