Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxes

Lets talk about nice foxes.

Foxes have always been in myths like the kitsune or fox-spirt or in England where the fox is a underdog,villain,operater.

But foxes.....some people keep them as outdoor pets with the exception of Fennecs.
    GH's Gaomon Fanboy from Boston, MA!

As a small child, from the fairy tales I thought foxes were big evil animals, and was afraid of them. Even had nightmares. Until one day my parents took me to the zoo, where I have seen real foxes, and I was astonished to see that they are much smaller than I thought and cute From then on I wasn't having nightmares with foxes

Comment

READ
      >>CLICK>>sigpic<<CLICK<<
      It'll SHOCK you!
      Post anything and everything about Short Circuit HERE!

Comment

we have red foxes which i always thought looked meaner and seem to be the ones blamed for eating chickens where i live lol but they gotta eat right we also have gray foxes which i think are alot cuter
        sigpic

Comment

I've never seen a fox in my area...A shame. (Doesn't mean we don't have them, though. I dunno. I HAVE seen, however, a mountain lion! ) Cuz they're SO cute. I did see one in Missouri once when I went there to visit, though.

Comment

In our area, foxes sometimes go to houses to find food during the night. I have seen foxes twice after midnight when we were taken home by car late.

Comment

Aww... Did you happen to see one in a pot? Or maybe wrapped on a wolf's head?

Comment

Lol, nope

Comment

Is a kit-fox a fox?

If so, then I have observed a fox over about 8 years. Someone enviornmentally-retarded dumped a couch in the empty feild behind where I used to live. Shortly after, a young kit-fox moved in, and it was then deemed "illegeal" to remove the couch, as it was the home of a protected species (The field still has that couch to this day).
                  This was about eight years ago, and from my old bedroom window, I could see this couch. Over this entire period, I could observe it and it's lifestyle.
                  It was really a very interesting, and If I was older and had actually realized the scientific value in this, I could have perhaps documented it's actions over this time and sold it to some animal research firm.
                  We moved a little over a year ago, but as far as I know, the kit-fox still lives there (as the couch is still there, and no construction on the field (though it was previously bought))
                  READ
                  >>CLICK>>sigpic<<CLICK<<
                  It'll SHOCK you!

Comment

Sure a kit fox is a fox.
                    Wow, that's interesting! You could observe that fox for many years! Did it live completely alone?

Comment

Wow, Justeazy! That's awesome. *goes to google a kit-fox* I've never heard of one....

Comment

thats awesome (kinda bad about the littering but shows how nature adapts to the bad things humans do and find a way to cope and even thrive with it)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mistery View Post
                          As a small child, from the fairy tales I thought foxes were big evil animals, and was afraid of them. Even had nightmares. Until one day my parents took me to the zoo, where I have seen real foxes, and I was astonished to see that they are much smaller than I thought and cute From then on I wasn't having nightmares with foxes
                          Ever heard of the Japanese Kitsune?They can be good heroines/heros.

Originally posted by Justeazy View Post
                          Originally posted by funja View Post
                          we have red foxes which i always thought looked meaner and seem to be the ones blamed for eating chickens where i live lol but they gotta eat right we also have gray foxes which i think are alot cuter
                          Red foxes are alot more common than the gray Fox but the gray fox can climb
                          trees.

Originally posted by EscapeGirl View Post
                          I've never seen a fox in my area...A shame. (Doesn't mean we don't have them, though. I dunno. I HAVE seen, however, a mountain lion! ) Cuz they're SO cute. I did see one in Missouri once when I went there to visit, though.
                          A couger?They are lazy when they are pregant.

In our area, foxes sometimes go to houses to find food during the night. I have seen foxes twice after midnight when we were taken home by car late.
                          What species are they?

Originally posted by EscapeGirl View Post
                          Aww... Did you happen to see one in a pot? Or maybe wrapped on a wolf's head?
                          No.I seen live foxes.

Lol, nope
                          Really?
                          Originally posted by Justeazy View Post
                          Is a kit-fox a fox?
                          Yes.It's a true fox.It's also Vulpes macrotis.
                          If so, then I have observed a fox over about 8 years. Someone enviornmentally-retarded dumped a couch in the empty feild behind where I used to live. Shortly after, a young kit-fox moved in, and it was then deemed "illegeal" to remove the couch, as it was the home of a protected species (The field still has that couch to this day).
                          This was about eight years ago, and from my old bedroom window, I could see this couch. Over this entire period, I could observe it and it's lifestyle.
                          It was really a very interesting, and If I was older and had actually realized the scientific value in this, I could have perhaps documented it's actions over this time and sold it to some animal research firm.
                          We moved a little over a year ago, but as far as I know, the kit-fox still lives there (as the couch is still there, and no construction on the field (though it was previously bought))
                          As the kit fox is sly!

Sure a kit fox is a fox.
                          Wow, that's interesting! You could observe that fox for many years! Did it live completely alone?
                          Most foxes live alone.But it could have cubs.

Anywways You guys heard of U. littoralis or the Island fox?
                          GH's Gaomon Fanboy from Boston, MA!

Comment

Originally posted by funja View Post
                            thats awesome (kinda bad about the littering but shows how nature adapts to the bad things humans do and find a way to cope and even thrive with it)
                            EXACTLY!

Sorry, as far as I know, it was alone. There were other animals in the field (snakes, lizards, mice, wild cats), but no other kit-foxes.

Lol, my complex was surrounded on all four sided by:
                            N: field (with the kit fox) still a field
                            NE-E: field (with that brief time of the white fox) now duplexes
                            SE-S: field, now apartments/Darrell's mini-storage
                            W: Airport (the part with no construction) so basically a field

We got lots of random wildlife over the years,

One year, there was a white fox of some kind in the adjacent field, then it disappeared and they started construction in that feild (now it's filled with duplexes).
                            READ
                            >>CLICK>>sigpic<<CLICK<<
                            It'll SHOCK you!

Comment

I love foxes!

Comment

Working...
                              X