3D modeling challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D modeling challenge

After a chat with Mistery we thought we'd give a modeling challenge a go...
    the plan is to run the challenges over 2 weeks using any 3D modeling software, there is loads of free powerful 3D apps out there ie; Art of Illusion, Anim8or, Sketchup, Truespace, Blender to name but a few.

The theme for the first challenge is Medieval Objects, it can be anything from a goblet to a full blown castle, a hair pin to weaponry its up to you

the rules:
    we all need rules lol
    The main object must be your own work, no 3rd party models, downloads or freebies.
    No external Renders if possible, if the software has its own renderer it must be used.
    You can enter as many images as you want
    No Photoshopping
    finally have fun!

Before you run to the hills thinking you can't do this, the below pic was done in 10 minutes in truespace, its just a bunch of basic objects ie spheres, cylinder, cube and a 8 sided block, one light, a default metal shader and 1 material

The winner gets to pick the next theme have fun!

Thx Mistery for adding the links
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nigec; 06-30-2009, 14:56:36. Reason: Added links to the software websites :)

this isn't an entry, I was just messing with Vue
    Attached Files

Comment

Wow, looks great Nige!
      I hope I can submit something soon

Comment

Cool
        The pic was done in Vue 5, I got it years ago but could never get my head round it, then it wouldn't work on the Vista PC lol, BUT if fried another CPU on the XP computer and I have problems using TS for anything big, amazingly Vue still worked lol

Comment

i want to be a 3d modeling challenge

Comment

Working...
          X