No announcement yet.

Marshmallow fluff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would marshmallow fluff be good on top of cupcakes/muffins?

That flutternutter doesn't so good to me. I just can't believe that the combination of marshmallow and peanut butter could be good! But I don't like peanut butter so no wonder I can't see that combination very tasty.
    Suomi-Riddle

Suomi-Riddle 2

Comment

I think that would be nice, I would eat them if you made them

I do like peanut butter, not sure how it would taste though but I will try anything once
      Badwife of my husblonde gh1!

Still searching for "the bit underneath"

My Riddle:- Little Red Riddling Hood Current Temp End 39

On holiday: 27th Aug - 10th Sept

Comment

Try the Fluffernutter already !!!

(white bread, UNtoasted)

Comment

I'm also a fan of the buzzernutter and the nannernutter. And on rare occasions, the picklenutter.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonthread View Post
            I'm a fan of fluff, because it's a vegetarian alternative to marshmallows. i can still have my s'mores! (Minus the campfire, unfortunately)
            I don't get it Crimson, what's in a marshmallow that would make it something a vegetarian couldn't eat?

Answered my own question, there's gelatin in marshmallows. Gelatin: A colorless or slightly yellow, transparent, brittle protein formed by boiling the specially prepared skin, bones, and connective tissue of animals and used in foods, drugs, and photographic film.

O, btw, I always ate a fluffernutter as a kid with peanut butter, fluff AND jelly! (Always had to have the jelly too!)
            Last edited by stitchy; 07-19-2009, 02:19:16.

Comment

Stitchy - I think there's gelatin in regular marshmallows (Unless that's what your talking about in the answered my own question thing )
              And apparently Gelatin is pig fat, tendons and ligaments

Comment

Even if I wasn't a vegetarian, the idea of geletin and where it comes from would gross me out.

It's also in Jello, gummy worms, Starburst, Skittles, yogurt, and most gelcap medicines.
                Last edited by Crimsonthread; 07-19-2009, 02:09:47.
                sigpic

Comment

Oh, well, most of what we eat it pretty gross. Gelatin or not, we all eat an average of 1 pound of bugs from our food every year, so Crimson, you are getting some animal protein in your diet, like it or not!

Comment

Another gross thing about food : Carmine, a red dye used in strawberry yogurt and other things like milkshakes is actually a ground up bug that gets its red color from the red berries it eats

Comment

I understand that, Stitchy. I choose not to eat animals, but I can't do anything about things I have no choice over.
                      sigpic

Comment

i know, it's gross, none of us want to eat the pound of bugs...or at least, most of us!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lausco View Post
                          I think that would be nice, I would eat them if you made them
                          Maybe I'll try to do fluff-covered muffins (well, actually there's not much trying, just bake the muffins and cover them with fluff) Not yet, though, as I made strawberry tart yesterday. But maybe next weekend.
                          Suomi-Riddle

Suomi-Riddle 2

Comment

Just thought people might want to know lol I have eaten a Fluffernutter and it is really nice
                            Badwife of my husblonde gh1!

Still searching for "the bit underneath"

My Riddle:- Little Red Riddling Hood Current Temp End 39

On holiday: 27th Aug - 10th Sept

Comment

Working...
                            X