Dream Interpretations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream Interpretations

This thread is for members to discuss dreams they have had, and possible meanings for them.

If you think dreams mean nothing, please explain why.

I had an intense nightmare last night and it got me thinking - what does it mean? Is something bad about to happen? Let me know what you think. Also, if you're having your own crazy dreams, post them here!

My dream:
    I was in the forest, with a friend and a girl I had just met (in my dream). There was a white bear (not a polar bear - although it may have been a young one) chasing a small orange dog. The dog wasn't afraid, but interested in the bear and I was concerned that the bear would kill the dog, but they just played.

Then the bear turned on me and the girl I had just met. We climbed up these skinny trees to escape the bear, but it started climbing up the girl's tree. She climbed across into my tree, and the weight of both of us made the tree sway. We were very high up. She falls from the tree to the ground. I can't tell if she was ok. I realise if I don't get down I will also fall, and so I try to climb back down. At this point I am more worried about falling than the bear. The tree is swaying so much that I can't climb down. And I wake up!

(I was sweating - that never happens to me! And my heart was racing. It was like it was all real)

So... you're interpretations please!

chocolate

ok um heres mi dream so mi dream doesnt really hav a good start but here goes i was bi a beach and along the shore me and all these people could see a huge tsunami coming so my mum quickly grabbed me and pulled me to the car and drove me to this farmland area that had these weird marble tiles that made me freak out. the tsunami didnt end up coming so mi mum took me home then mi dad came around and he took me to his house and told me that he would be outside doing the weed eating so i went owt to look 4 him after a while and saw these freaky guy with real scary guys walking through the gate that let out to the paddock. i started running and freaking owt,they got inside and started power walking after me and i didnt know wat to do so i grabbed the vacuum and tried to vacuum one of the men up but it didnt work so i ran outside on to the deck. they ran owt and ran straight past me on to the deck so i grabbed the axe and started chopping them up and they turned owt to be made owt of chocolate. it made me feel a little better but i still wouldnt eat them after wat happened. and that was mi dream
    i love these bands

blood on the dancefloor
    brokeNCYDE
    black veil brides
    METALLICA
    slayer
    iron maiden
    j bigga
    jeffree star
    slash

i love yuo jayy

Comment

Originally posted by leapfrog View Post
      This thread is for members to discuss dreams they have had, and possible meanings for them.

I had an intense nightmare last night and it got me thinking - what does it mean? Is something bad about to happen? Let me know what you think. Also, if you're having your own crazy dreams, post them here!

My dream:
      I was in the forest, with a friend and a girl I had just met (in my dream). There was a white bear (not a polar bear - although it may have been a young one) chasing a small orange dog. The dog wasn't afraid, but interested in the bear and I was concerned that the bear would kill the dog, but they just played.

Then the bear turned on me and the girl I had just met. We climbed up these skinny trees to escape the bear, but it started climbing up the girl's tree. She climbed across into my tree, and the weight of both of us made the tree sway. We were very high up. She falls from the tree to the ground. I can't tell if she was ok. I realise if I don't get down I will also fall, and so I try to climb back down. At this point I am more worried about falling than the bear. The tree is swaying so much that I can't climb down. And I wake up!

(I was sweating - that never happens to me! And my heart was racing. It was like it was all real)

I get nightmares like this when I am worried about something like an upcoming appointment/meeting or sometimes if there is something I am putting off thinking about, but that is worrying me.
      Badwife of my husblonde gh1!

Still searching for "the bit underneath"

My Riddle:- Little Red Riddling Hood Current Temp End 39

On holiday: 27th Aug - 10th Sept

Comment

u should check out www.dreammoods.com/ they've got a bunch of stuff on there including a dream dictionary.

Comment

My dream:

I think dream interpretations are very personal for each individual. If this were my dream, and it was really bothering me and nagging me as to the meaning behind it, I would do a free association with the components of the dream. Such as, what comes to mind when I think of a tree? What comes to mind when I think of a bear? A dog? The color white? The color orange, etc.? And while you're writing that down, write down any associated feelings. I think that often times, a dream is just a dream, and other times your unconscious is trying to bring something into your awareness. Maybe a fear of something? An anxiety around something? Really depends on you, and who knows, maybe when doing this free association, you'll have a real "ah-ha" moment and you will understand it. (Of course these are nothing more than my opinions. )

If it were my dream, I agree with Lausco, that I'd right away assume I was anxious/worried/fearful over something in my life. Maybe over changes/decisions I had made that made me feel nervous, uncertain, or frightened. Then I'd do the free association to see what comes up. Maybe nothing. But it's something you could try. Good luck with it!

As far as dream I had... (edited to keep it a bit shorter than the actual dream)

I'm in my apartment lying in bed...I suddenly wake [in my dream] and feel a presence in my room. I am immediately frightened as I should be a lone. I turn my head slightly and see a cloaked figure [think of the Grim Reaper, as that's what he looked like] standing over me, with his hood on and I can tell he's looking down at me, though I cannot see his face. I'm paralyzed with fear and all these things are running through my head as to how to escape him. I very slowly pull my covers up to my chin like a frightened child. Then I think that maybe if I hide under the covers completely, he won't know I'm there. I know [still in my dream] that he already knows I'm there, but I'm desperate to get away. It is about that time that I wake myself up moaning/crying out [in reality]. I always wake myself in that same manner. Once, it was my own whining that woke me, and before I was fully awake, I thought I had a frightened puppy in my apartment - but it was me.

This has been a reocurring dream for me. I have had it many times over the past 10 years or so. However, thankfully, I've not had it since I have moved to where I live now. So, about 2 years without it. Thank goodness. I also took a dream interpretation class, and worked with that dream a lot during that semester. Never did figure it out exactly. Except for the obvious - I'm terrified of death. But something nags at me that there is more to it than that...

@Dark Tree....That's also a frightening dream!!!!

Comment

I'm in my apartment lying in bed...I suddenly wake [in my dream] and feel a presence in my room. I am immediately frightened as I should be a lone. I turn my head slightly and see a cloaked figure [think of the Grim Reaper, as that's what he looked like] standing over me, with his hood on and I can tell he's looking down at me, though I cannot see his face. I'm paralyzed with fear and all these things are running through my head as to how to escape him. I very slowly pull my covers up to my chin like a frightened child. Then I think that maybe if I hide under the covers completely, he won't know I'm there. I know [still in my dream] that he already knows I'm there, but I'm desperate to get away. It is about that time that I wake myself up moaning/crying out [in reality]. I always wake myself in that same manner. Once, it was my own whining that woke me, and before I was fully awake, I thought I had a frightened puppy in my apartment - but it was me.

This has been a reocurring dream for me. I have had it many times over the past 10 years or so. However, thankfully, I've not had it since I have moved to where I live now. So, about 2 years without it. Thank goodness. I also took a dream interpretation class, and worked with that dream a lot during that semester. Never did figure it out exactly. Except for the obvious - I'm terrified of death. But something nags at me that there is more to it than that...
            Hi EscapeGirl, have you thought about the possibility that this hooded figure might no necessarily be death/grim reaper?

Can you see the persons face? It appears not. Things that are black and mysterious like that, which make you scared and frightened, it suggests that you are worrying about the unknown. Of course, death comes into that. But I wouldn't be surprised if you experience that dream everytime you're going through a time where you aren't sure about the future or having to make big decisions....

....the other concept to think about is that you might feel isolated and alone in your trials. Is there anyone else in bed with you? No sounds from outside your room of people in the house? No. It could be your subconciousness portraying your fear of being stressed and intimidated...

You're right though. Dreams are very personal. I could be completely wrong in my interpretation as I don't know how you were feeling or your circumstances at the times you had the dream.

Here's one I had while I was still pregnant...

I'm walking along a beach rubbing my pregnant belly. I'm with my husband and my sisters. I see a large cliff ahead, with giant jagged rocks on the edge. I see a young boy (about the age of 6) he has dark hair and I can't see his face. He runs along the sea water and I notice that there are sharks in the water....I chase the boy and try to reach him and save him from the sharks....then he starts to climb the rocks and stumbles along the cliff face. I scramble up after him desperately calling out to him, praying he wont get hurt. I had the feeling that it was my son and I had to save him. My husband and my sisters were at the bottom of the beach, silently watching me climb up after my boy. He disappears at the top, I finally get to the top too and he's nowhere to be seen.....

....then I look down and noticed my pregnant belly has gone.

*gave me chills!*
            ~Official Author In Progress~ = um actually.

I'M A PUBLISHED AUTHOR NOW!!!

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/849060 - My very FIRST book!!

Totally addicted to Bass, wow ow oww!

Comment

Originally posted by EscapeGirl View Post

@ Escape Girl: I'm not sure that even though you associate the grim reeper with death that thats what the figure represents. In tarot, 'death' refers to change; the death of the old and beginning of something new. It could be anything 'dying' like a situation, or a relationship, or an opportunity etc, it is not necessarily you.

I agree that the darkness may symbolise the unknown or a stranger. But then, often 'Death' is depicted without a face. And also death IS the unknown. If you were a bit of a control freak I would say you are terrified because death is out of our control, and we don't know what's on the other side, if anything.

I think the fact that the figure is focussed on you is very important. You can't escape. (Escapegirl lol )

Originally posted by Daisfunky View Post
              I'm walking along a beach rubbing my pregnant belly. I'm with my husband and my sisters. I see a large cliff ahead, with giant jagged rocks on the edge. I see a young boy (about the age of 6) he has dark hair and I can't see his face. He runs along the sea water and I notice that there are sharks in the water....I chase the boy and try to reach him and save him from the sharks....then he starts to climb the rocks and stumbles along the cliff face. I scramble up after him desperately calling out to him, praying he wont get hurt. I had the feeling that it was my son and I had to save him. My husband and my sisters were at the bottom of the beach, silently watching me climb up after my boy. He disappears at the top, I finally get to the top too and he's nowhere to be seen.....

....then I look down and noticed my pregnant belly has gone.

*gave me chills!*
              This one has me puzzled. I think the ocean, the boy and the fact you are trying to save him are the key points. I would go to Genghis's site and see what they typically represent. (That's what I'm about to do with mine, although I do believe that the representations are things that will signify something specific to the dreamer)

It's strange that your husband and sisters don't help you save the boy. It's like they realise by looking in from the outside the situation is futile and the boy will come back if he wants to. You are the only one who thinks you can do something about it. Whether you're right, or they're right... who knows?

I hope I'm actually helping! Thank you for the comments (Escape/Lausco) about mine, I'm still working it out. Went to Dream Moods website (thanks Genghis) and this is what I got:
              Polar bear = Reawakening (this makes complete sense to me, I have just got out of a very long relationship, so my life has begun again!)
              Dog = Protection, Loyalty and Fidelity
              (The point that they were fighting/playing might be significant?)
              Tree Climbing = "To dream that you are climbing a tree, signifies that you will achieve your career goals and reach those high places in society. The degree of difficulty to which you climb the tree will measure the speed of your achievement of these goals." (Dream Moods)
              Not convinced about the tree part though...
              Last edited by leapfrog; 07-31-2009, 02:55:47.

Comment

thanks for the link to the dream dictionary, genghis! it'll probably help with my weird dreams. (and trust me, when i say weird, i mean weird. like purple inflatable shark helping people learn how to swim weird.) ... yeah.
                When life gives you lemons,EAT THEM RAW AND ASK FOR SECONDS.
                so nerdy its cool
                teh wootness

Comment

@ Otakette: Would you like to share one? They sound interesting

Comment

ive had alot of graphic ones and even painful where i wake up in pain, i got stabbed in y knee and almost got sick when i woke up but the one that freaked me out the most was a dark mist in my room just standing there staring at me it really scared me so i tried to get up ad run but i couldnt move a muscle i was completely frozen i was being held down then i woke up.

another one i was climbing up the tallest diving board ever i got to the top adn looked out over hundreds of pools then i jumpped i fell for a few minutes just falling and falling then i hit the ground head first on the concrete a foot away from the pool i thought i was about to die but i just stood up and walked off like nothing happened \

i have had a few more extremely intense dreams but they seemed to calm down once school ended and im afraid of whats gonna start them again since school is starting monday
                    sigpic

Comment

hey funja it seems like ive had a dream just like u when ive been falling and it was so scary especially when i think that im about to die
                      i love these bands

blood on the dancefloor
                      brokeNCYDE
                      black veil brides
                      METALLICA
                      slayer
                      iron maiden
                      j bigga
                      jeffree star
                      slash

i love yuo jayy

Comment

Reawakening this thread ( FUNNY DREAMS )

Dream 1:

I was lying down on my bed. Then... I changed the channel on the tv

Dream 2:

I was in my friend's house. In my dream she had a butterfly garden. My other friend is scared of butterflies( she was there ) Then my friend( the one who owns the house ) was like "I have a 5 legged butterfly, but I can't find it ) Then my other friend said " Uhmmm... I think i kinda killed it" Then my other friend was like "WHAT?! With what?"
                        My friend said "With this" Then she showed a container and it was some weird worm thingies My friend (house owner) was like..... " Jennifer Lopez?!? " I was like O_o :roflsmilie:
                        ~~~Cookies are the best weapon against war~~~

Mwahaha
                        Epicc people::Escapade a.k.a. EscapeGirl Jee etch Juan a.k.a. Gh1 Clankity Clank Clank a.k.a. Clank
                        Elle! a.k.a. uhm.. Elle Bronny! a.k.a. Bronwyn Shineeyy a.k.a. Shining Star
                        and otherss... You Know Who You Are

Stacking Ftw:3-3-3:2.11 3-6-3:2.61 Cycle:7.13!!
                        Wish me luck for the Six!!!

Comment

My dream:

Hey Leap Frog,

IMO, I think you have some suppressed anxiety about being alone or feeling alone and a fear of situations that you cannot control. But i could be way off. To me your dream looks like it is leaning that way.

Anti_username
                          sigpic

Comment

My dreams were crazy, yet completly.
                            I have no idea what alot of them were, but i do remember some of them.
                            They are like a bunch of scrambled messages that put together doesnt make sence.

1 of them, when i was young, was with a bunch of kids and that Nick.Jr face on the TV. Alot of the kids were throwing things at it and all of a sudden, the face's voice starts to mess up and then it dies. Then i look at the door and, for some reason, see a ghost with a question mark on itself. Then i woke up.

I have no idea what it meant either.

And there was one were there was this man sitting on a chair and it looks like im looking through a camara. Then this guy keeps on flicking his head all over the place like crazy, laughing. Then he eats the camara and i awake.

Still dont get it.

My dreams just keep on getting creepy, and one of them keeps repeating.

That one was where im on this car in a street i dont even know and right in the middle i see a door. I get off the car and look behind me... its gone. So i go to the door, open it and all of a sudden im looking at a weird angle, i see this shadow grow larger, like something is coming and i awake.

Its like its telling me someone is coming for me or something. i dont know.

All i know from all these dreams is that they are crazy.
                            and they happened when i was young, like 7 years old to 10.
                            (the crazy guy one was when i was 5, amazingly)

Does anyone get these dreams?
                            Cause i dont.

my latest one was when i was in my bed, and all of a sudden, there was a radio there on full blast. It said something in a language i couldnt understand, then laughing started and then all of a sudden something grabs me, and i wake up.

Amazingly i got that when i woke up TODAY!
                            Last edited by New1000; 01-18-2010, 11:04:17.
                            Never Spam Never Will.

Members of: Gamershood, Newgrounds, Kongregate, YouTube, JustinTV and Eddsworld

Im in the Looney Bin!

Me like the modeling!

Fan to Eddsworld
                            sigpic
                            Go to Eddsworld Because Its Awesome!

Comment

I dreamt something recently which I can't fully remember.
                              I forgot the start but then I found myself at my grandma's house. I wanted to go home to celebrate the New Year, but found out there were only a few hours left to it. I went outside and found out a long strip of candles, and we were in a stadium or something really, really huge. Then, somehow, I'm back again in her house and want to go home. When I exited I saw a road going to the left and being uphill. There was a single car on it and I couldn't see past the turn. There was also a lot of snow which restricted my movement. When I made the first step, I woke up...

I just remembered another dream from when I was younger...
                              Everything was white around me. There were only me and the girl I liked in that room. When I tried to kiss her, just before to get to her lips, she fainted and everything around me started having colors. I think we were in a parking place. Then her friends showed up and we took her to a hospital. I think I woke up after this.

BTW I like to write with Comic Sans Ms, size 3, dark orange color. It makes me feel fuzzy and warm inside.

Comment

Working...
                              X