Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myst Interactive - Youtube game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXMI7e2m278

This is a short game I made, (took me about a month!) based on the Myst series. I used Youtube's annotations feature in order to point and click. Let me know what you think!

Please use spoilers to give hints:
    [spoiler=Title Here]Enter text here...[/spoiler]

Please do not post a video walkthrough for 7 days.

Please post all new games in the New Games Subforum as stated in the POSTING RULES

Interesting concept making it on Youtube!

Hmm, I'm stuck, no idea what to do on Puzzle I. As far as I see, there is nothing interactive in it, I can just go back.
    EDIT: Lol, figured it out

Hehe, is that you on the videos?

Yay, finished after 1 hour, fun game!

Comment

I circled the room, looked in two drawers, made notes - evidently can't pick up anything? pushed a button, read some stuff .. can't leave room that I can tell - no tnt LOL May try again.

Comment

After doing all this you need to

Comment

Srry about posting it in the wrong forum!
          Let me know if you found any errors. With over 100+ videos theres probably a mistake (link to the wrong video...etc) here and there.

Comment

I haven't found any errors, it's an interesting game concept (never seen a point and click game of this sort on Youtube), and as a Myst fan I liked it

Comment

interesting game...nice thinking on doing it like that but wasnt fun you click it loads then click and load and you dont reall do much else..i quit after a few minutes so my opinion i guess shouldnt really count
              My Motto:enjoy life and dare to dance like a PANDA!!!

Comment

Well it is point and click. lol I have dsl and it seems to work pretty fast as far as linking to new videos. Of course not as fast as the real game.

Comment

Yes, I have also DSL and I think it worked really fast enough
                  Might be less fun for dial-up.

Comment

I too am a fervent fan of all the old Myst games. Wish I could get some of them to run on this newer pc.

I give you an A+ for trying something new on Youtube. Had fun clicking around and by the way your voice and acting are just as good as the original! You would have fit into the games nicely.

I think I found all the hotspots but I was unclear about the 6 picture puzzle titled puzzle one. I clicked on all six and heard a thump/clunk noise but couldn't do anything else. Am I missing something?

Only things I didn't like, and these are not your fault, were download time (I have dsl too but still there was buffering at times which halts progress) and the fact I couldn't play it full screen. Yes you can put it in full screen but everytime you back out in minimizes again which makes it unseemless. That's Youtube I'm sure.

Finally and I hate to bring up something legal, but did you have to get permisson from Cyan or the Millers or any subsequent owners of the Myst games?

Good job. Nice to see something different in point and click.
                    Last edited by lamarblake; 08-05-2009, 23:55:28.

Comment

Myst? did you just say Myst??

I got all the CD games of Myst! and i played and finished them all!! (ok im lying my bro actually did that)

ok i started, got alot but now my connection has gone completly slow and that just makes this game iritating. yet the game is good. except for the guy in the little clips in stuff.

had to stop playing cause my connection is now way too slow to even load the vids. but its still good. though i like playing the normal Myst series... too bad they dont work cause i have a computer that cant play them. i need my Windows 98 to play them but that computer is broken .

though i might not make a video walkthrough for this game. nor a walkthrough due to the fact i suck at Myst. cant get out of the first CD (i still have it. you know the one where your stuck on the island and you need to escape it. kinda looks like this game... well alot in the intro AND the first puzzle. infact looks like you just took pics of it for the puzzle and got the intro for the... well intro at some parts.

but this is Myst based so thats ok. this is a good game as well and if i was still loged in to YouTube (which i cant cause i need to have my cookies cleared so... this crappy moderm goes faster. and yes my moderm is crap. i really need a new one) i would fav the start so i can play it again sometime, give it 5 stars and sub you if your gonna make a sequal. besides from me i only have the 3 original series of Myst that i can play.
                      Never Spam Never Will.

Members of: Gamershood, Newgrounds, Kongregate, YouTube, JustinTV and Eddsworld

Im in the Looney Bin!

Me like the modeling!

Fan to Eddsworld
                      sigpic
                      Go to Eddsworld Because Its Awesome!

Comment

I don't have sound at work so I can't play it just yet, but I clicked through a bunch of the hotspots, and wow, very impressive, and really cool to have done it on Youtube. I can't even imagine the amount of work that went into making this.

Also, Myst, that sure takes me back.

Comment

Thanks for the trying it guys. I didn't get permission from Cyan Worlds or anything to make this but I figured there are dozens of videos and fan-made stuff on youtube that copy Myst videos, pictures etc... I didn't think it would do any harm. I'm not trying to make a profit, just a fan-made game.

I agree sometimes the videos do load a bit slow, I've noticed it lately. I wish youtube would load faster, but nothing i can control. The intro of course will load a bit slower the the rest of the game do to it being HD so maybe that is sending people off too....idk.

Comment

That's cool. neat idea. I thought about a number of ways to do my next game, but most are easy to deconstruct to find out the answers. This works though. It is of course a little slow. I will have to go through the whole thing when I get finished with my current project.

Very creative!
                            Can You Solve The Quest?
                            Hint page: Hints For The Quest
                            Free Online Games
                            Free Game Browser App

Comment

Working...
                            X