Deciding Factor for Moving Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deciding Factor for Moving Games

How long does it usually take for a game to be taken from the New Games thread and into the proper games thread? If its a riddle game, for example.
    http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9754

Usually it takes 2-3 days.
    But as you have noticed we have quite a long queue of new games now.
    Unfortunately I can't tell you how long it will take until GamersHood will update gamershood.com more regularly and move the threads to the proper game genres.

Comment

Okay, thanks.
      http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9754

Comment

Deciding Factor for Moving Games

What is the deciding factor in moving a game from the new games section to another section?

I've seen games stay in the new games section for days, while other games are moved within an hour.

Comment

GamersHood and Carts are the only two who are adding new games to the main site, and who are moving games to another section. I too noticed that games are not added or moved in order of submitting, and it takes sometimes quite a while before some games are moved. But honestly I have no idea what the criteria are (if there are any) or what the deciding factor is.

I will PM Gamershood about it, maybe he can give a clarification, or perhaps another moderator can tell more.
          Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Sometimes there are "weird" games and we don´t know what to do with them. Usually we let them to the next day and hope the day after is smarter. But in short there is not factor, just random adding.

He who fights and runs away can run away another day.

Comment

Games aren't sitting in the new games forum long enough. I just played one and it was moved within five mins

It's getting frustrating trying to figure out which games in the escape games forum I haven't played yet. Especially if I haven't been here for a couple days.
              sigpic

Loki, God of destruction

Comment

Well, admins do move games in their free time. Sometimes they are busy in real life, so that we can get a longer queue in the New Games subforum, and sometimes they can be more here to add the new games to gamershood.com.
                Remember also that moving new games to the appropriate subforum means that they are added on the main game page, where many non-members come to check

This time we had about 30 games in the New Games subforum, because of the amount of work with the link changes on gamershood.com for all games in the past 2 weeks or so.
                When this was done, the next goal was to catch up with the new games, and therefore all games in that subforum were added to the main page, and the threads have been moved.

To check which new games have been added in the Room Escape section, go to
                http://www.gamershood.com/roomescape/date/page/1/
                There you can see the latest 40 games at a glance with little screenshots.

Comment

Yay thanks for that link
                  sigpic

Loki, God of destruction

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

Working...
                    X