Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pleeeaaseee help me!!!! (Catching A Spider)

Thinking about getting a student visa in Spain.

Try to idenify the spider and kill it if it's venomous.

Or trap it in a glass and save the spider and cook it at halloween and LEAVE IT ON AN ENEMY'S DOORSTEP!
    GH's Gaomon Fanboy from Boston, MA!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Daisfunky View Post
    *whimpers* I'm such a girl! (but would I want to thought of as otherwise?) eh, I'm rambling....

...so here's the story....I went about cleaning the kitchen this morning and bent down to get a dishwasher tablet from beneathe the sink, when something black in the sink caught my eye. I jumped back and stopped breathing. (bearing in mind this incident is happening almost a week after plugging in the spider repellent thingy...) I crept a little closer and peeped over the edge and sure enough, sat right between the washing up bowl and the side of the sink...was a dirty big spider!!! NOOOOOOO!!!! It looks dead....all crouched up and actually looks like its begun to mould...??? (it's fluffy)

Ross told me via phone to boil the kettle and flush it down the drain......but GUESS WHAT....there's no water in the kettle!!! The kettle is TOO BIG for any other sink in the house.....I'm not going ANYWHERE near that spider infested sink.....so....ahem....

PLEASE send me all your "I'm a manly macho spider killing machine" vibes to me....because I feel positively sick and this spider is SO BIG that I'd happily let it live....but I can't touch it!!

...mabe I should call the RSPCA???

Please help me. I'm so scared!!!
    you need to find a way to well kill the spider or set it free,i do not like killin spiders either so well i set them free and even if it is dead u could like place it near and wall or on mud and if u do not like gettin ur hands dirty,dont bury it but like leave it in the mud..GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by RBS; 11-02-2009 at 17:20:35. Reason: double posts not allowed, please use edit button

think of what the spider thinks when he sees a giant human,
    who will be the most afraid. as long as its not a poisened spider ,(a black widow will make me think twice) but a normal house spider eats a lot of insects and do no harm.
    human scare me more

Edgewood,New Mexico,almost 7000 feet above sea level

We have Black Widows here,as long as you don't stick your hand in some dark place during the summer you'll be fine.

The Black Widow is actually quite a pretty spider,with it's patent leather finish & brilliant red hourglass marking.

i know ,we didnt have them here ,but by importing cars from the states they ended up here

Black widows got a bum rap getting that name. They are useful. Never found one in my house but often on the exterior garage and sheds. The brown recluse spider eclipsed the black widow in scariest since they did come inside in stored blankets.

Watch out for that Brown Recluse, they'll leave a hole in your arm!

Absolutely. Some people have very bad reactions just as you said Tipper, its a flesh eater.

Edit: I believe the brown recluse was also called the fiddler for the puplish fiddle shape on its back.

Quote Originally Posted by RBS View Post
    Absolutely. Some people have very bad reactions just as you said Tipper, its a flesh eater.

Edit: I believe the brown recluse was also called the fiddler for the puplish fiddle shape on its back.
    Yeah, it is also called that. I think I'll steer clear of all those things!!! Creep me out!! We have both Black Widows and Brown Recluse spiders in our area, I believe. Scary stuff.

Really common in my area are wolf spiders. And though they're not as dangerous (by any means) as the black widow's bite or the brown recluse, they are quite mean. They're certainly not afraid of humans. I've been "chased" by one more than once! And man, those things get big. I'd swear they have a close relation to Tarantulas by the look of them. However they are 10 times faster than those slow moving spiders.

are you shure this didnt happened after a heavy night out ?
    "beeing chased by a spider"? *scrachthing my head*

we dont have any dangerous spiders or snakes
    as said before the only dangerous things here are homo sapiens
    Last edited by old biker; 11-10-2009 at 22:32:45.