Remembering 9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering 9/11

8 years on and it almost seems like yesterday, My thoughts and sympathies are still there for every one affected by 9/11.

To all my American friends we think about you and are proud have you have moved through that tragic event and hope we will all strive to a better future.

Least we forget

Cℓĭck Here to pℓαγ "Tђє First Door"
    tђє мost cђαℓℓєηgĭηg oηℓĭηє qυєst.

"We don't stop playing games because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing games"
    sigpic

Comment

Thank you Shooter. Australia is about as far away as you can get from Ground Zero so it is a fitting place to start your message of world-wide hope for the future. You have given me a very positive outlook today. Well done friend.

Comment

Comment

Here's hoping that we can put an end to all the violence and remember the tragic events of that day and send out our thoughts to those who lost friends, family, co-workers, and loved ones on this tragic day 8 years ago. I know it's idealistic thinking, but I would love to see a day when such senseless acts of violence around the world come to an end.

And for those lives who were lost:

Comment

Profound day, to say the least. I can't believe it's been 8 years.

I remember what I was wearing, where I was standing, with my eyes glued to the TV for hours. I remember how terribly eerie it was driving to work (late) that day, and the days to follow. NO planes in the air for DAYS, and all the overt patriotism - it was surreal.

I know I will never forget it.

And, thanks Shooter.

Comment

I had just turned on the bedroom TV & they were reporting on the first plane hitting the Tower & my first thought was "What,they're lettin' blind people fly planes now? The weather's beautiful"

Then the 2nd plane hit.

I practically levitated out of bed,ran into the den & turned the big TV on & my wife & I watched in horror as the Towers burned & then fell.

I wore my .45 to the office later that day,a singularly useless gesture,but I wanted to do something.Nobody said a word about it.
              "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

i am one of the youngest generations to remeber this i was in first grade and i have asked kids a year below me and they dont remember it if you think it was scary try being a 1st grader with all the adult running into the school runnning from class to class franticly searching for their kids while the news was showing the towers fall i remember it but i had no emotions i was to young to really understand all i know was the older kids where crying and we didnt go to school for a few days but i remember that news brodcast we watched we were about to go outside when the announceent went out do not leave the building turn on the news and wait for your parents and then my teacher started crying when the news showed what was happing i dont remember the days after jsut that day it was horrible from what i remember
                sigpic

Comment

I remember I was driving to work that morning and was listening to the radio. The DJ said, "I was searching for a song to play at such a sad moment, and this is what I found." Then he played the song, "Hands" by Jewel.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x27...l-hands_events

I got to work and heard my co-workers talking nervously about what happened/was happening. We found a little t.v. with rabbit ear antennas and got our local station and saw the footage. The disbelief and shock were the first feelings... One of my co-workers at that time left, overcome with emotion. My boss, pausing briefly to watch the news, and though disturbed by it, had made a comment about needing us to get to work, and me wondering how we could continue the day as though it were normal, when it surely was not... The hours and days that followed, I was consumed by the coverage and felt at one with my country - something that has never happened to me before. Grief and saddness followed. I remember so much about that day... I will certainly not forget.

Seems my radio DJ that day picked a good song for the day. While searching for a video to let you hear the song, I was bombarded with images from that tragic day, set to this song. I decided against posting the images again as they were tragic enough the first time 'round.

Comment

since it happened around 3-4am my time i only heard about it later in the morning on the radio when i was going to school. i was seven years old at the time and i remember just staring at the radio not knowing what i had just heard. i was so confused about how what had just happened in new york.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X