Your Country, Your World, Your Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you the one in the black shirt?

BTW, people can be really stupid in Florida, and I mean really stupid. We have the dumbest trends and fads, you wouldn't believe it. Upon hearing that not even CALIFORNIA doesn't do the "your face", and "your mom", and "that's what she said" jokes, I am starting to believe that we are the only ones who do it.
    Last edited by Jones; 06-20-2008, 15:16:02.
    sigpic
    "キン肉マンは永遠だ"

Soda Beverage of the Looney Bin

Comment

• Yep, thats me.

Comment

• Cool. Where's the Abe Lincoln statue?
        sigpic
        "キン肉マンは永遠だ"

Comment

• If the camera turned 90° right he would be right there. The artist is David Adickes and he does multiple copies of those presidents. I think he is up to 3 sculpture gardens in the USA.

He is 80 years old and always wanted to do the Beatles in sculpture so his latest project is 90° to the left.

Click image for larger version

Name:	beatles+houston.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1688348
          Last edited by RBS; 06-16-2008, 15:44:14.

Comment

• RBS, that's amazing! (and not just because I love the Beatles!)

I'm from Attleboro, MA USA. Born and raised and proud of it! GO BIG BLUE!!!!!
            A woman has the last word in any argument.
            Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

sigpic I LOVE COWBOYS!

Comment

• Originally posted by EscapeGirl View Post
              Well, I'm from west coast, USA. (But I won't tell where. ) And I thought I'd show ya a side of the west coast that maybe you don't see much in the movies. So often everyone thinks of west coast beaches as sunny, warm, and covered with people. That's not the beach where I am from. Too cold fo that. But I love our beach the way it is. And I'm glad it's never crowded. Anyway, I went to the beach today, and took a few pics while I was there. Some are just some pretty flowers that only grow along the beach. You won't find them inland. Enjoy.
              Those are beautiful pics. Darknight put it perfectly. This is what I see: (I live somewhere very infamous )

*If you need or want any palm trees please don't hesitate to ask. We got thousands, perhaps millions of them, it's only our gain.

People who live in cold environments who want to move to warm/hot environments: I want just THE OPPOSITE.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Jones; 07-02-2008, 14:25:06.
              sigpic
              "キン肉マンは永遠だ"

Comment

• Well, I took a few more pics today. Thought I'd share them with you guys.

Name:	Blossoms 2.jpg
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	1691011

Name:	Duck Rock 2.jpg
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	1691012

Name:	Sparkle Lake 2.jpg
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	1691013

Name:	Shadow Geese.jpg
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	1691014

Name:	Lonesome Hideout.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	1691015

Comment

• well i'm a kiwi and i live in Wellington, New Zealand

here are some pics:

that's the karori wildlife sanctuary which i live a couple of kilometers from

wellington harbour

lambton quay

mt kaukau
                  sigpic

Comment

• I live in the American southwest,specifically New Mexico,25 miles east of Albuquerque.New Mexico is home to Billy the Kid & Pat Garrett,Lew Wallace,Territorial Governor who wrote Ben Hur,Los Alamos,where the atomic bomb was built & Trinity Site,where it was tested.
                    The state capital is the oldest capital city in the US & has the oldest continuously occupied government building,the Palace of the Governors.

It's home to Roswell,where a UFO supposedly crashed in 1947.

Every year we have the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta,the largest gathering of hot air balloons in the world.Yes,I've been up in one.

I've been to Carlsbad Caverns 4 times.

According to family lore,my great-grandfather knew Pat Garrett & as far as I've been able to find out,it's quite possible,great-grandfather was a prominent citizen in Lordsburg & Pat was often there.Supposedly great-grandfather once owned one of Pat's guns,sadly my grandfather (never knew him) gave it to a man to pay off a debt.

I love living here,my wife & I go camping & fishing as often as we can,we like to explore ghost towns (I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee & a Dodge pickup,both 4 wheel drive,we can get to some pretty remote places) & the fascinating Indian & Spanish ruins.

We live at 6800 feet altitude (2072 meters)

If you go to a New Mexican restaurant & order food,you'll be asked "Red or Green?".

Our State Bird is the roadrunner.
                    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• Washington state, USA
                      Never Give Up!

sigpic

Comment

• Hah, N & W Europe got the lead. I live in the south-east of Finland. My home town doesn't officially exist anymore because our neighbouring town expanded 1.1.2009

Comment

Working...
                        X