Arcuz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oni_cloud_9 View Post
    What does the compose 4 stand for? And I'm guessing requires level 6 means Level 6 in the Skill section, right?
    The compose 4 stands for the number of times you can compose the item.
    Requires level 6 means you need a character level of 6 to use the item.

Weapon Combine
    Fire + Fire = Fire
    Water + Water = Ice
    Water + Wind = Thunder
    Earth + Wind = Poison
    Fire + Earth = Attack Bonus (Static Value)
    Fire + Wind = SP Recovery
    Wind + Wind = HP Recovery
    Earth + Water = Drop Rate
    Earth + Earth = Critical Hit
    Fire + Water = Attack Bonus (Percent Value)

Armor Combine
    Fire + Fire = SP Bonus
    Water + Water = HP Bonus
    Water + Wind = HP after kill
    Fire + Wind = SP after kill
    Fire + Earth = Block (Shield Only)
    Earth + Wind = Defense Bonus (Percent Value)
    Earth + Earth = Defense Bonus (Static Value)
    Fire + Water = Magic Resistance
    Wind + Wind = Critical Hit

Accessories Combine
    Fire + Fire = SP Recovery
    Water + Water = HP Recovery
    Wind + Wind = Critical Hit
    Fire + Earth = Defense Bonus
    Earth + Earth = Extra Weight
    Fire + Water = Attack Bonus

Unless I mistyped something those should be the right combinations. Hope those help.

Also, as Hiroxi mentioned you have to go in order of level.
    Lv. 1 = Small Crystals + Stone of Blessing (Purple)
    Lv. 2 = Medium Crystals + Stone of Blessing (Purple)
    Lv. 3 = Large Crystals + Stone of Soul (Pink)
    Lv. 4 = Large Crystals + Stone of Holy (Orange)

Happy Combining!

As for leveling it's hard to say seeing as I've not had the chance to experiment with different builds. I personally use an axe, and the Hurricane skills. This in no way means it's the best. In fact I went with it, because historically these kinds of games tend to balance slow weapons poorly and I wanted a challenge. This actually worked out for me, though. The number of hits a skill does isn't determined by your weapon's speed, but its damage is. This means with an axe your skills will deal more damage. Again, this doesn't mean the axe is better than the other weapons. It simply means that your skills will deal more damage with an axe.

In my limited experience the best thing you can do for yourself is make a few items with +drop rate, +critical hit, and +hp/sp regeneration. I'm currently running with 44% crit, and I've added no points in Luck (except from the talent that gives +5 all stats). My gear gives me 36% crit right now. Crits do double damage, so it helps a lot.

With +drop rate gear you'll find lots of gold, and items you can vendor. This makes everything else much easier. Particularly buying items from Chung. Chung's items come with precombined stats on them, but still have all their combines so you can add even more. Additionally, the price for the item is actually cheaper than it'd take you to do it if you bought all the crystals/stones yourself so it's a good deal.
    Last edited by Meonius; 12-23-2009, 09:41:19.
    Some people just don't understand that the "best" way isn't always the right way.
    Not everyone plays games to win; some people just want to have fun.
    That doesn't mean that winning isn't fun, and I personally find it very rewarding.
    It simply means that there's more to a game than winning.

Comment

Originally posted by aerofanadam View Post
      I got a pair of blue boots. the boots themselves arn't blue but the icon background is. What is the difference? Are they special in any way?
      Blue items have higher base stat values than their normal counterparts. Weapons have higher damage, and armor has higher defense. They also come with more composes. There's also a rarity higher than blue. I think it's yellow (at least that's what color the chest I found was, the item was useless to me so I sold it), and I've only found 1 of those making them pretty rare given how often I farm.

Edit: I've recently found another one, and the chest is yellow. The armor is more of an orange (gold) color. Here are a couple of images. Keep in mind I have +50 drop rate right now, and I've included an image that shows what a typical screen clear looks like (minus some gold drops since those auto-pick-up). That just shows how rare the gold chest is since I've only found 2.

Last edited by Meonius; 12-23-2009, 12:56:36.
      Some people just don't understand that the "best" way isn't always the right way.
      That doesn't mean that winning isn't fun, and I personally find it very rewarding.

Comment

i just got 1 composing question that i cant seem to answer myself,how do u make an archangel potion?

Comment

Originally posted by Arcuz_Hero View Post
          i just got 1 composing question that i cant seem to answer myself,how do u make an archangel potion?
          Unless it's a hidden recipe you can't make them. If it is a hidden recipe I've not experimented to find out, and I highly doubt there would be one. As far as I know you can only get them from chests. I've gotten a few small ones, but only 1 large one in all the chests I've opened.

Comment

yea but that other guy how did he fill his whole inventory with archangel potions if they just drop?

Comment

I can think of only four ways. Either it's a premium shop item (real money), he farmed a lot, he somehow cheated to get them, or there does exist a hidden combine recipe for them. In any case I wouldn't know, and I've never used them either. I've fought the last boss once already, and died. However, I died because I made a mistake otherwise I would have beaten him. I intend on leveling up to max level before I face him again, though.

Edit: As I thought gaining those last two levels made all the difference. Not sure if it's a mechanic of the game, or otherwise, but it seems that when you reach a certain relative level to a monster it becomes significantly easier to kill. At 33 it took me at least 4 times as long to deal the same amount of damage to the boss as it did at 35.
              Last edited by Meonius; 12-24-2009, 05:04:04.

Comment

It took me a while, but i finally managed to finish this game. Pretty solid, if you ask me.

Some tips:
                - % XXX bonus is only worth mid-game and there after.

- Investing EVERYTHING in luck is quite rewarding - no puns intended. That coupled with some Crit Chance enhancers and you'll be doing crazy amounts of damage (i played most the game with Crit range over 70% and got to 100% - and over - before the final areas). Damage calculations for Crits are resolved in the end, so it does multiply Elemental Damage (man, Fire and Thunder rocks!), as much as Bersek. And yes, they do stack. It's possible to go even further with a potion of attack.

- Luck and Drop Rate are a steal. It make things so much easier.

- Lots of time, it'll be better compose the stone you want by combining the other colors. IE, if you want a Medium Blue, you'd possibly better off composing a Red, a Brown and a Green than using 3 blues.

- Remember to USE the Q key. It allows you to keep buffing skills time-wise usable without taking away your combat skills.

- The Holy Light skill is a MUST. Free revives with full mana and life, apart from not having to restart the whole area, are really nice.

- Didn't try much the Wave combat skills, but the Hurricanes rules.

- Best place for farming is wherever the enemies range from 2 levels bellow to 2 levels above your current level. Those annoying bees are nice to level, because they're easy to kill and give craploads of XP. For the more daring, Centaurs are even better.

- The final levels are easily attended in the end of rest valley, playing some times. The last Hurricane Skills is a blessing there and gives a lot of rapid items for money and gems.

For the sake of curiosity, I'd like to see how people are getting in terms of Damage. For instance, my character is wielding:

+2 sword of brave (87-97), +9% Crit, +30% attack bonus
                +2 Pilot Google (yeah, the one from the quest), +3% Crit
                Necklace of Elegance, +20% attack bonus, +6% Crit
                Shield of Knight, +3% Crit
                Magical Bracelet, +20% attack bonus, +6% Crit
                Sapphire ring, +20% attack bonus, +6% Crit
                Boots of Brave, +9% Crit
                Brass Belt, +3% crit
                Armor of Spirit, +9% crit
                Gloves of knight, +9% crit
                --------------------------------
                +90% attack bonus
                +63% Crit

9 levels in sword mastery gather +90 points of raw damage.

Base damage (on Char screen) is 611-681. Since my total Crit modifier is 107%, it always doubles damage. I'm always on bersek also, so that's another double.

Normal hit - 2,444 - 2,724
                Hurricane - 3421 - 3813
                Hurricane II - 4032 - 4494

However, it usually results in different numbers - probably due to game mechanics involving level difference between attacker and attacked. I'm usually doing over 2,800 in the enemies at Rest Valley's final with normal hits, but under 3,500 with Hurricanes. Thunder 3 also shines from time to time, resulting in 6,000 or more in a normal hit =D

It looks like luck also affects the probability of elemental damage. So I feel my Char was kindda lucky for investing on it =)

Good game, anyway =)

Comment

It's nice to see someone who's as invested in these kinds of games as I am iguanus. I myself used many of your strategies to beat the game, but found others less useful than you did. To each his own I suppose. I'm replaying on another site to check out the wave skills, but I imagine they'll be less than impressive if they're really only frontal cone attacks.

One thing I've noticed is that whenever I use BladeStorm it always 'procs' my elemental damage (blue damage). I'm not sure if it's a bug or design, but the skill mentions nothing of it. After testing it it very well might just be a display bug since the damage range appears to be what it would be normally. I never really invested in any of the buff skills, and just grabbed the +stat passive, and the Axe Proficiency.

Here's a breakdown of my gear and stats when I beat the game:
                  Equipment
                  +2 Axe of Brave: Dmg: 106-124, lv 1 fire, lv 3 crit, lv 2 hp recov, lv 1 drop, lv 1 static atk, lv 3 %atk.
                  Many of those were on it when I got the weapon. lv 1 hp recov was on there, but I mistakenly used wind crystals and got the lv 2 when I was trying to go for crit. I got used to using them for everything else.
                  Helmet of Spirit: lv 1 %hp , lv2 sp on kill, lv 2 crit, lv 3 drop, 2 compose left
                  Fire Necklace: lv 1 sp recov, lv 2 %def, lv3 %atk, lv1 drop, 2 compose left
                  Glove of Knight: lv3 %hp , lv3 %def, lv3 mag def
                  +1 Leather Armor of Brave - Gold Quality: lv3 %def, lv3 crit, lv1 drop
                  +1 Shield of King King: lv2 static def, lv3 %def, lv2 crit, lv1 mag def, lv3 block
                  Ring of Luck: lv1 hp recov, lv3 %atk, lv3 crit, lv3 drop
                  Magic Belt: lv2 hp recov, lv 2 sp recov, lv1 %def, lv1 crit, lv2 drop
                  Bracelet of Earth: lv1 hp recov, lv3 %atk, lv3 crit, lv2 drop
                  Boots of Fighter: lv1 %hp, lv2 hp on kill, lv2 crit, lv2 drop, 2 compose left

Yes, my gear is heavily composed. All were purchased with 3+ preexisting mods so each has at least 8 levels of mods on them. The axe and shield each had a whopping 6 when I bought them. Each cost over 10k to buy.

Another thing I'd like to mention. You'll notice none of those have lv 4 mods on them, and for good reason. The risk isn't worth the reward. If you focus on 2 or 3 stats you can simply spread lv2/lv3 mods across them all, and get the same results. The only exception to this is a weapon or shield. There's only one weapon slot, and only a shield gets block. Those are the only two reasonable exceptions for getting a lv4 mod.

Stats
                  I found many books to increase my stats. So if these look higher than they should be it's because of that and the +50 from the passive skill.

Str: 213
                  -Damage: 917 - 1042
                  Agi: 88
                  -Defense: 351 + 674 (1025)
                  -Block: 16%(+8%)
                  Con: 85
                  -HP: 2895
                  -MP: 430
                  Luck: 64
                  -Crit: 73%
                  Misc:
                  -Mag Resist: 12%
                  -HP Recovery: +6 (Decently worthless due to mechanics)
                  -SP Recovery: +3
                  -HP Per Kill: 10 (Much more effective than HP Recovery)
                  -SP Per Kill: 8 (Invaluable when farming. BladeStorm eats 90% SP, this gives it all back)
                  -Drop Rate: +75 (Probably overkill. I feel like a kid in a candy store when I clear the screen.)

A quick explanation as to why I value HP/kill over HP Recovery: You take two types of damage in this game. I'll call them wounds, and damage. Wounds is lost hp that you can recover. It's displayed as a transparent red bar after your current health (you also see this when you pop a potion). Actual damage is displayed by a black bar, and can not be recovered normally. There are three ways to gain damaged health back: Level up, pop a potion, or kill an enemy with the hp/kill stat. Granted, the hp/kill stat isn't that great itself against stronger enemies, but I still think it's better in most situations than HP Recovery. HP recovery can still be of some use, though, if you can regenerate the wounds you take after a hit quickly.

As for damage output it depends heavily on the enemy you're hitting. Goblins are fragile so they take bigger hits, whereas the centaurs are tanks and take much less damage than the gobbies. For testing I went against the gobbies since there's more of them to throw around:

Normal: 1500-2000, crit: 3000-5000, fire+crit: ~7000
                  Hurricane: ~3000, 5500-10,000 crit (hard to tell it varied greatly), fire+crit: 9000-15,000
                  Hurricane 2: Honestly couldn't tell. The hits were surprisingly similar, if not less per hit, to Hurricane. Very sporadic numbers.
                  BladeStorm: 4100-11,000 per hit (bladestorm hits a LOT), Can't tell what is or isn't a crit. All numbers are blue.

Those numbers are without any buffs. With buff potions I easily break 10k-20k damage per hit. I only used them against the final boss though, because I wanted to kill him quickly at the end. If he hits you with his meteor type spell at that point it can stun-lock you into the ground pretty fast.

In case I don't get around to writing a guide this weekend (or if I get stuck at my relatives') I'd like to mention a few notes on the controls of the game that, for some reason, aren't mentioned anywhere I've looked:

Jump Attack: K + J - After you reach the peak of your jump (when you're going back down to the ground) you can press the attack button to slam the ground with a short-range aoe attack that does normal damage, and knocks back enemies around you. This attack knocks flying enemies to the ground.

Double-Jump: K + K - This one took me awhile to figure out. In order to use this you have to 'jump off' another enemy. This means you have to be near an enemy that's already as high as your first jump. This includes jumping goblins, flying enemies, centaurs, and anything else as large as a centaur. You can follow the Double-Jump with the Jump Attack. It doesn't do any more damage than the normal Jump Attack.

Oh, and since I've not mentioned it before it's important to note that there are two ways to buy an item. Dragging it to your inventory, or double-clicking it. At first I didn't realize this, and always dragged items to my inventory. If you double-click to purchase an item it will not respawn when you close/open the trade window.

This leads me to believe that items weren't originally intended to respawn in shops after dragging them to your inventory, and is most likely a bug. Take it as a blessing, or an exploit. Since I thought it was an intended feature from the start I continued to respawn items after realizing that it's probably a bug.
                  Last edited by Meonius; 12-24-2009, 22:23:48.

Comment

wow u guys really got INSIDE of the game

Comment

Can someone please tell me where to find the little girl's parents so I can unlock Chapter 4?

Comment

just go to the pink area on the map at sadness forest

Comment

I can't log into Arcuz. Anyone else having this problem? Its acting like I don't have a saved game...

Edit: I figured out why. I was signing up another friend for this game through her facebook and it wasn't letting her connect, ie. sign up. Then when I went to play my game it was acting like I didn't even have a saved file. But I'm guessing it saves some type of cookie or temporary file that is creating the malfunction. After I restarted the computer it let me back in.
                          Last edited by oni_cloud_9; 12-26-2009, 00:06:08. Reason: Figured out problem.

Comment

are u trying to play it on the same site as u started at?maybe u clicked new game and your loaded game has been deleted

Comment

i found a pretty weird bug.Before diying use a teleport scroll and if you go where you did it will says "undefined" and you'l get stuck. be sure to save before because if you dont, everything you did after the last time you saved will be lost. you only keep the XP and i think you keep the money to. dont save and quit: when you come back you're still there so you'll have to start another game(im not sure about that but i think it true)
                              Last edited by Alwaystaken; 12-25-2009, 18:42:31. Reason: lack of information

Comment

Gran's shield quest worth it?

What do you get for completing Gran's shield quest? It's the optional quest (ch3? 4? one of those) where you compose a lvl2 defense % and lvl2 block shield. And do you need a Shield of Knight specifically or can it be any random low lvl shield (ie: targe)?

Comment

Working...
                                X