4 (aka Shi)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 (aka Shi)

Is your life something you would die for?

SHI: Prologue

Alternate links:
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/521470
    http://www.kongregate.com/games/Neur...s/shi-prologue
    http://play.escapegames24.com/2009/12/shiprologue.html

Without further ado: This is the 1st part of a riddle games series set in a eerie, post-human world. Be sure to follow the tutorials and use your mouse to navigate Myst-style. Enjoy!

Note I: This game is challenging. In fact, it might be the hardest puzzle game you've ever played. You'll need to strain your mind and have a lot of patience. This being said, all the riddles are 100% logical and solvable - so you should get quite the satisfaction from beating them.

Note II: Please do not create nor send answers/solutions/spoiler's/guides for this game. Thank you in advance. (If you're stuck just try to get a friend to help you and/or try using the official game's forum)

Please use spoilers to give hints:
    [spoiler=Title Here]Enter text here...[/spoiler]

Please do not post a video walkthrough for 7 days.
    Check out my games:Find The Roomz Project on Facebook and be up-to-date with new games, riddles and updates:Or visit my website:

Looks great Let's see.

Wow, this game will be long I think.
    Found some data so far, sounds pretty riddle-like.

Comment

Yep, this is at least few hours game. Riddles can be tough but, as I mentioned, they are solvable
      Check out my games:Find The Roomz Project on Facebook and be up-to-date with new games, riddles and updates:Or visit my website:

Comment

Fortunately it seems that the game can be saved.

Comment

This is hard. I'll try again tomorrow.

Comment

I'm already liking this one a lot! I made it through the first riddle but I'm pretty much stuck now, and there's no info on the official forums. It's just as well, I think I will be quite happy if I can manage to do this without hints! Hopefully I don't strain my brain too hard.

Comment

Hmm, not getting it to work. The prologue that is.

I would like to verify my thoughts, to see where my error is.

EDIT: Okay I figured that out. Just me being stupid. But yet it doesn't seem to accomplish anything.

BTW, I got to say, that despite all the instructions it's still is quite vague how is riddle exactly works.
              Last edited by Adventure; 12-18-2009, 17:36:24.
              Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

That's true, solving this riddle opens a glass door. All 4 hints are from one riddle (notice the same border style).

When it comes to vague instructions - you mean how this exact riddle works or Shi in general?

Comment

Hi Stachu! Good to see that one of the creators is around.

I mean how this riddle works. I never played any online riddle like this. And I am not sure how you know when you solved a riddle. I.e. the riddle in the shed, does something happen there when you put in the right order? Anything that let you know you solved it? Or should you go to the glass door to see if it opened?

I really thought I figured it out, but nothing happens, so I must be wrong.
                  Edit: Oh I missed a part. Hope I can make it work now.

EDIT: Got it!
                  For others: You will hear a sounds, and get confirmed directly when you have it right.

Edit: Hint for passwords in general

Amai, this game is huge! A map would be handy.
                  But I am hooked.
                  Last edited by Adventure; 12-18-2009, 18:20:42.
                  Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Good job, Adventure!

Yeah, you will always know when you put a right thing in input box or when you do something correctly.
                    We found out already that tutorials can be a bit vague and it's hard to get accustomed to navigation, but that's why we put many hints and tips on forum, to make it less painful. We also try to be online as often as possible to provide guidance. Unfortunately we can't change stuff in the game itself right now, we can only draw a conclusion for further chapters (if any will have ever been made).
                    Last edited by Stachu; 12-18-2009, 18:23:12.

Comment

Hmmm, stuck on the eyes. I think I have found all of the clues dealing with it. Ah! I got it, i mistakened a colon for a comma.
                      Last edited by Airtamis; 12-18-2009, 18:32:19.
                      Click here to play a fun online game called Duels! http://www.duels.com/users/register

CLick here and join a fun online game:
                      http://www.erepublik.com/en

Comment

I am struggling with Part A of codes of codes. I thought it was
                        s*** l*******, but that didn't work out.

I can't let the idea go, that Part B and C is involved to solve part A.

Gonna break my head on this again this evening, but if anyone has a small nudge for me I would appreciate it.

Edit: I really can't figure out the A part.

Also I can't get the Crispo Letum to work. I only get nonsense words.

EDIT: Finally cleared Part A, thanks to the wonderful Aionsleth, who was so kind to tell that

But still no luck with Crispo Letum.
                        edit: Got it!

EDIT: Well, seems I am the only one here who's playing this riddle.
                        It's a shame, because it's a really well done riddle on all fronts. And however it indeed takes some effort to figure out how to play this riddle, all riddles are logical and challenging, and you feel rewarded when you solved them.
                        Last edited by Adventure; 12-21-2009, 01:10:20.
                        Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

I finished a few hours ago. I really loved this riddle! It was worth all the frustration I got. A really excellent and logic riddle.

For those who start playing this game I advice to read the faq and the tutorial:
                          http://shi.home.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18
                          http://shi.home.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14
                          The tutorials are also in the game, but it helps to know what you can expect in before hand, or when you want to read certain instructions again without starting all over.

If things are still unclear or vague, post here or feel free to sent me a pm instead.
                          Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

alchemy riddle

stuck for the moment.

Got 4 element tables - and the code to decipher.

Don't have a clue as to what to do....

Read that the e(e) thing was a coordinate - huh? How does a 2x2 table become a coordinate?

Any help for an old dummy???

Comment

Originally posted by gfhasman View Post
                              stuck for the moment.

Got 4 element tables - and the code to decipher.

Don't have a clue as to what to do....

Read that the e(e) thing was a coordinate - huh? How does a 2x2 table become a coordinate?

Any help for an old dummy???

The most trickiest part of the riddle was to figure to what the symbols meant, because some of them had more than one possible meaning. Feel free to PM me if you would like to verify what you have.
                              Last edited by Adventure; 05-25-2010, 12:02:33.
                              Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X