Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-mac help

Hi every1,

I need some help with my e-mac ( it's not really mine, my pc is broken ) I'm having a problem opening spoilers. I know I need to make some changes in preferences, but I have no idea what. Is there someone here who can help me??

Thank you.

Hi Beau,

I've got not much experience with Macs, but spoilers are based on javascript.
    Please check if in the settings/options of your browser you have allowed javascript.

If you don't know how, please post what browser (program to access internet) you are using.

Comment

Checked

Well, I've checked the java settings. There are 4 boxes I can enable or disable. They are called : enable java, log java output, alert on esception and log java exceptions. I have 3 of them, what do call that, I'm going to call it "on". Let's see, enable java = on, log java output = on, alert on exeption = of and log java exceptions = on.
      I don't know if this is right, but maybe you, or someone does??

Comment

What browser are you using? Safari? Firefox?

Java is not the same as Javascript

It's enough to enable Javascript.

In Safari for example:
        Safari > Preferences
        Click Security
        Select the checkbox next to "Enable JavaScript"

In Firefox:
        Firefox > Options
        Click on Content Tab
        Select the checkbox next to "Enable JavaScript"

Comment

nope

No, it's IE 5.1 I know it's an old one, but I have tried downloading firefox but that didn't work either. But that's a complete different story. Javascript, I have to look around for that. Strange thing is, I'm only having this problem for a few days, I never had a problem opening the spoilers, I must have clicked something by accident. I'm gonna look around if I can find javascript. I'll get back on that.

Thanks

Comment

Yes, IE 5.1 is quite old.

Try this:
            • Edit > Preferences

• From the left window with options under Web Browser, select "Web Content."
            • Check "Enable scripting" under Active Content .

• Click "OK."
            • Close and restart IE.

If after closing and restarting IE, you still can't open spoilers, you might try to get Safari since getting Firefox didn't work.

Comment

Ok

I'm going to try, I'll get back to you after I restart the pc.

Comment

Okay, let us know if you still need help with it. I'm sure that we can work it out somehow

Comment

Yes

problem solved!!

Thanks for your help mistery, I didn't notice that I had disabled it.

;-D

Comment

Great news Beau
                    You're very welcome

However, I'd still suggest you to try to get Safari - IE is not supported anymore for Mac since 2003, and your old version may also be unsafe (even though Macs are less targeted by malware than Windows).

Comment

Of to play

I'm of to play now, it will be much easier now I can read the spoilers again when I get stuck.

I'll be seeing you ;-)

Comment

Good luck with the games
                        See you around.

Comment

Working...
                        X