Can't draw a Pencil in Flash...:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't draw a Pencil in Flash...:(

Hey, I'm working on a room-escape game, I've best at coding and I have finished all the code but I suck at drawing, I am trying to draw a simple #2 pencil with an eraser and the tip pointing towards you but I keep failing miserably, can anyone help?

I need a simple #2 pencil (black and yellow stripes) with an eraser on the back and the tip of it pointing towards the user, another drawing of the same pencil but this time with the eraser pointing forwards, it doesn't necessarily need an animation for the switch, if you don't have Flash any other type of file would be helpful as well...
    The Calculator

Kinda cartoony...

Comment

^ Hey thanks, that's almost what I'm looking for, I wanted two pics with a clear difference between them, that one has the tip of the pencil towards the use and one has the eraser towards him...
      The Calculator

Comment

What if you turn that pic, or does the eraser part have to point more forward?

Comment

I wanted one to be obvious to the user that the eraser is pointed towards him, meh I'm gonna copy-draw it to my game anyways so I might find a way to do it, I'm much better at modifying existing art than creating anew...

Thanks donaud for the help and thanks Mistery for the advice...

This is the result after the copy draw (I put the pic in a locked layer under a blank one and use it as guide lines to draw it myself) it's perfect, now I only need to figure out how to make another one with the eraser towards the user, if all fails my back-up plan would be to make a kind of "glow" on the tip or hide the eraser with a bit of darkening and when flipped the tip comes to the bright area, I'm going to try it out...

EDIT: Got it! Woot for basic geometry...

And it's perfect, thank you very much for all your help...
          Last edited by Anza Power; 04-11-2010, 14:57:26.
          The Calculator

Comment

Great!

Comment

Working...
            X