cholesterol alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cholesterol alert

Today some friends and I drove to Tomball, TX. to Mel's Cafe. It is the home of the Mega Mel Burger.
    http://melscountrycafe.com/

1.5 pounds of fresh ground

1 pound of bacon

.25 pound of American cheese

lots, lots of lettuce, tomatoes, onions & pickles

If you eat in 2 hours or less you get on the Wall of Fame and a T-shirt. Nobody in our group tried but a guy at a table near us did. That's our group in the background.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00009.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	1697453

We left before finding out if he finished but his chances didn't look good after 20 minutes. He was already in pain.

I put away two 3/4 lb hamburgers one time. Maybe I would have a shot. It looks bigger than the ingredients list suggests though.

Comment

There are better pics on the website. They keep track of how long it takes for the winners to eat it. Believe it or not the best time is 9 minutes by one person. Two have finished in 10 minutes.

Comment

The only food challenges I have taken were all related to hot stuff. I put habanero peppers on a lot of what I eat, so I am used to extremely hot food. I haven't failed one of those yet .

There is a place in Pennsylvania that has big burger challenges. I have always been tempted to try.

http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/i...d=55&Itemid=12

Comment

the other day i ate a burger at this new place that opened up in a city not too far from where i live it was, A full pound of angus beef 5 slices of apple wood smoked bacon american swiss and cheddar, 2 onnion rings on a multi grain bun with a full plate of fries i ate it all and wasnt overly full after ward but that was the most food i have ever eaten, it had a steak knife to hold it together, i had to cut it into fourths to eat it but it was really good. Idk if i could eat it again. It wasnt an eating challenge just a big burger
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X