Point and click help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point and click help!

Ok, I made a point and click game called " Red Door " ( called red door because in each part the goal is to get through a red door lol ) using a point and click game creator thing called Adventure Maker. I want to show you it, but to play it you need adventure maker. And I hosted it on file front ( or something like that ) but when you download it, it turns it into a weird type of file which I dont know how to use.

I really need your help, how do I make it into a different file which you can download...

Or does anyone have adventure maker which I could send my game too?

I'm using AM for my games aswell. To make stand alone executables that others can download and play without having AM on their PCs, you need to have the full version of the software.

Comment

Yeah, I just saw that on their website. Oh well.

Im wondering, what do you use to make the backgrounds for your game? I just used paint lol. Though it looks rubbish.

Comment

Well, I started out with photos and also with Paint like you.

But meanwhile I work with 3D design software
        - Wings 3D for characters, it's free (but you could also use Anim8or it is also free)
        - and for the frames I import my characters created with Wings 3D into Cyber Motion 3D Designer and create the 3D background then.
        - I have also started to experiment with animation for my latest game (small flash or video sequences using Moho)

Well every beginning is difficult and making progress (e.g. for graphics but also scripting) needs a lot of time and patience. But it's great if you see that you get better and better :-)

If you have questions on AM, you can ask me, but there is also a great forums where I get much support if I get stuck e.g. with more complex scripting questions.

Comment

I'm starting out small. Im just working up all my abilites with it, until it becomes second nature.

I made another one today with paint ( still working on it actually ) Called " Escape To The City " your car breaks down on the road and you have to get home, and you like go into a little cabin and things, it alright I guess.

Can you make cutscenes with AM?

Do you have the full version?

Comment

Yes, I work with a full version (seems that you didn't check out my games yet, lol).

No, you can't make cutscenes with adventure maker, you have to use video or flash sequences for that which you load on the frame in a hotspot.

Comment

Oh, have you posted your games on the site? ( i know your avatar is from one of your games though )

Comment

Yes, my previous avatar and also the current ones are from my games. My games can be downloaded from my homepage, but they are also posted on GamersHood (well, except the last one - the extended version of Save the Earth is currently only on my homepage)

Comment

I finished a game called " Escape to the City " it had 45 frames, I just used paint. And It would take about 5 minutes to complete. You fight an alien, well you actually stick a glass shard in its head and kick it through a wall lol.

Comment

i have just released my 4th point-and-click game on my homebrew game exclusive site.

Its the 3rd in my current series.

1st game: Stuck
                    2nd Game: Hotel Babayoom
                    3rd game: Hotel Babayoom 2
                    4th game: Hotel Babayoom: Mindworks

1st one got a 6/10
                    2nd got 6/10 again
                    3rd got 7/10
                    and 4th got 7/10]

I like #2 the most, as it took over 2 months to make, the others took a few days to a week.

Click On The Spoiler Tab To See How To Make One

Comment

You haven't added any link, you could do that in your profile if you like.

Comment

Working...
                      X