Invasion 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invasion 3

Invasion 3 is a team-based online riddle game made by the creators of CWoT.
    To participate you have to register and join an already established team or create a new team yourself. To join a team you post in the recuitment thread of the team of your choice. Those threads you can find here:
    http://invasion.cleverwasteoftime.co....php?board=9.0
    Each team will have their own private area where they can share their ideas and thoughts on how to solve the riddles and puzzles

Invasion 3 is a html riddle (or change the url riddle). Level are called rounds. And every round has several egg pages (and sometimes extra egg page (EEPs)) that will guide you to the destination egg.

The destination egg is always an location or address (and so is its url). Once you found it you have to try to take a real picture(s) of that location. Those pictures must show the location, and the team signature (Team Name, Round Number, Date (time optional), and Destination Location). It's allowed to involve friends, family, colleagues or even total strangers to get those pictures.

EEPs are Egg pages that are found during a round that have no relevance to the Riddle itself, however they can help you to get confirmed you are on the right track. Extra eggs need to be posted in a separate thread inside the private team area. EEPs can be used for bonus points or extra hints.

The round will end as soon as one team has posted the solution, its explanation, and winning photos in the CWoT Invasion 3 forum.

The first round will start on August 18th 2010, at 7 p.m. (GMT).

For more information, see this thread: How to play Invasion 3, and this thread: Rules

Start the Challenge Here

WARNING:
    USE SPOILER TAGS TO GIVE HINTS.
    DO NOT POST SOLUTIONS, FULL QUESTIONS, OR GIVE A LINK TO ANY PART OF THE GAME.

THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE SPOILERS
    [spoiler=Title Here]Enter text here...[/spoiler]
    Last edited by Adventure; 08-17-2010, 19:22:26. Reason: update
    Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Well, I signed up but haven't joined any of the existing teams, because I don't know anyone of the current teams. I am actually hoping that we can gather enough people to start a new team. I am hesitating to start one myself, because I currently don't have too much time to play riddles and I am not sure if I would make a good team leader. But I would love to join a team and try to solve riddles together.
    Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Adventure View Post
      Well, I signed up but haven't joined any of the existing teams, because I don't know anyone of the current teams. I am actually hoping that we can gather enough people to start a new team. I am hesitating to start one myself, because I currently don't have too much time to play riddles and I am not sure if I would make a good team leader. But I would love to join a team and try to solve riddles together.
      I'm in on that team, though I'm not willing to start it either. xD

Comment

I will join and even start a team if ever find out how many people we need.

A student who changes the course of history is probably taking an exam.

As long as the answer is right, who cares if the question is wrong?

Comment

@Kzin, That would be great!

@Nowe & Kzin, Have you played a clever waste of time? I am still a little puzzled about certain things. Especially the picture part that need to be submitted. But I guess it all becomes clear once we start playing.

I read that to start the game there should be 3 teams with at least 6 players each.
          But I don't know if that included the team leader, and I am also not sure if teams that comes later also need to have 6 members to be allowed to join actively.

I've posted the question here:
          http://invasion.cleverwasteoftime.co...php?topic=51.0

Edit: received an answer.
          Originally posted by Ponderer
          Each team must have at least six players.

## Although there is no limit to the number of teams that can participate in Invasion 3 and no limit to the size of those teams there must be a minimum of three (3) teams and each team must have at least six players. Admin also reserves the right to hold a team to certain member numbers for a time, until the field is more even. If this does occur the limits will be a 10/1 overage for the largest team. This means the largest team may not have 10 more members than the smallest team.
          Originally posted by BLIZZ
          As stated above there must be a minimum of 3 teams with 6 members each to begin the Invasion. This is to allow for members who drop out later to not have to disassemble the entire team (a team of 6 has won before - Clueless)

Once this minimum is met, there can be as many teams as you want and each can have as many members as the teams want. So if you have a group of 4 and want to be your own team, by all means do it.

And yes, the Team Leader counts as a team member.

And here you can find the current teams and its members:
          http://invasion.cleverwasteoftime.co...php?topic=53.0
          4 teams with respectively 11, 11, 2 and 5 members.
          Last edited by Adventure; 08-11-2010, 21:13:27.
          Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

I played on Invasion II, and i just can say, that it was really, reeaaaallly funny, though i only have joined for the last 5 or 6 rounds! Just try it out, it's not too complicated, but not always logical also
            You can find the old riddles ( with solution ) from Invasion II still here, just check them out whether you like them or not:
            http://invasion.cleverwasteoftime.co...php?board=29.0

For the pics: On Invasion II the team members made suggestions for these locations, favourably somewhere near their backyard If you were lucky, the final destination was one of your team members suggestions, so you can reach the place very quickly. Blizz chosed the destinations very well balanced, so every team had the chance to get a pic from their own place, but of course the more people you have from all over the world in your team the better chance you have that one member from your team lives near the place too. Also you could ask other people on the internet, chatrooms, other forums, whatever to find a kind person nearby which takes the photo. And of course noone is obliged to drive hundreds of miles through the night to take a photo from something in no-man's-land, it's just for fun. Either you find someone nearby or not, it's just one point ;D

PS:Though ponderer already asked me to join TAKAM, I still wonder, if i join Ice Bog, the subliminar message is driving me nuts

Comment

No, you have to join our team, even though it doesn't exist yet.

I agree, it sounds a lot of fun. But also a tad complicated if you never played any of their games before. It makes me wonder if setting up a new team is a good idea when you are a newbie like me. Still I am sure that all will work out itself.
              Well we will see. I've PMed a few people here to ask if they are interested. But if there won't be a team established from here, I am thinking to join the Ice Bog or Brain Candy. However I think the latter will have a lot of members by then, and then I maybe chose for Ice Bog. But nothing has be decided yet, and I still hope we can make a new good team.

Edit: Sleepyhead and Damar told me they worldly like our team when we create one. The team is getting more real.

EDIT: I've created a team: Riddle Mania.
              http://invasion.cleverwasteoftime.co...php?topic=69.0

I am open for a name change, and it's possible to have more than one team leader. Also someone else can take over the task as team leader. But most important to know is that when it comes to submitting eggs and solutions, this can be done by any member who has the password for it.

I would like to invite everyone to post in the thread I posted above, and join the fun of solving riddles together.

Off to bed now, because I am really tired.
              Last edited by Adventure; 08-12-2010, 23:42:07.
              Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

that was confusing...
                My Motto:enjoy life and dare to dance like a PANDA!!!

Comment

@Perkqueen, If you mean the How to Play and the Rules, I have to agree with that. This riddle differs from other riddles on several points. Even after all the explanation and reading topics of the previous invasion I still wonder about this riddle at some points. But nothing that won't get clear as soon as the riddle starts.

Edit: I've have updated the lead post from this thread and included the basic concept of this riddle.

If you are interested despite the confusion, don't hesitate to register and choose to join the team of our preference. I of course recommend Riddle Mania. If for some reason you don't like the riddle, you can let the team know and abandon the riddle at any point.
                  Last edited by Adventure; 08-17-2010, 19:23:45.
                  Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Wow a dream team count me in lead me and I will follow

Comment

Originally posted by Clee View Post
                      Wow a dream team count me in lead me and I will follow
                      Oh, Dream Team would have been a nice name, too.
                      I would very happy if you would join our team.

Register
                      http://invasion.cleverwasteoftime.co...ction=register
                      Activate your email by the link that was sent to your email.
                      http://invasion.cleverwasteoftime.co...php?topic=69.0
                      that you want to join the dream team.

Edit: welcome to the team, Clee.

A test round has been posted!
                      http://invasion.cleverwasteoftime.co...php?topic=80.0
                      Last edited by Adventure; 08-17-2010, 21:18:56.
                      Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Invasion 3 has come to an end today.

Going to bin this thread.
                        Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X