Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GH user email addresses compromised :(

It would appear that either this forum database has been compromised,
    .... or for some reason an email addresses disclosed only to gamershood, has been passed on or disclosed to a third party.

Its been a while since Ive been to these forums, but when I registered with this username, I gave an email address that was specific only to here.
    Imagine my surprise tonight to start receiving SPAM mail to that address which specifically identifies gamershood as the original source of the compromise.

If admin or anyone else is interested I have proof that GH is where my email address has been leaked from.

Sample of spam received.
    Dear beloved friend,

I know that this letter may be a very big surprise to you, I came across your profile from my personal search and I instructed the doctor here in this hospital to help me write you and I believe that you will be honest to fulfill my final wish before I will die.

I am Mohammed Jaja from Saudi Arabia, I am 58 years old, I am deaf and suffering from a long time cancer of brain. From all indication my condition is really deteriorating, and my doctors have courageously advised me that I may not live beyond

..../cont

Kitz....This doesn't sound good. I will look into it right away, and will ask the admin to look into it as well. I'm sorry you were spammed.

It is, however, possible that a hacker hacked into your EMAIL account via the email host. (ie. Yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc.) That happened to me with a gmail account that I used only a single time, and not for registering anywhere. Please PM me with any/all information you have.

Also, I recommend changing your password for this site and your email ASAP.

Comment

If your email settings are invisible in your profile then it shouldn't be a problem, but against hackers nothing is safe. Please send me the proof, so i can investigate how they got your email. By the way, i saw the same email in my Gmail spam folder today.

He who fights and runs away can run away another day.

Comment

I got an email from Mohammed Jaja, too. But because the title made it clear it was spam I removed it without opening it. Btw it was also in my unwanted mail folder.
        Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X