Don't Kill It !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Kill It !!

We have an amazing thread, namely, Quick Before Staff See.
    I have been involved in this thread for a while and I can say have brought happy tears to my eyes on numerous occasions, not to mention the humour involved
    With the greatest respect to the fellow Gh'ers/Mods involved, we need, in the light of new promotions, a new structure ?
    May I suggest a time based structure where-as a particular moderator can only post a number of times in a certain time frame as to give the GH'ers a time to "Battle" with them ?
    This would make it very interesting and also keep them "on their toes" !!
    Just a suggestion..lol
    ~SP~

Originally posted by Secret Pirate View Post
    We have an amazing thread, namely, Quick Before Staff See.
    I have been involved in this thread for a while and I can say have brought happy tears to my eyes on numerous occasions, not to mention the humour involved
    With the greatest respect to the fellow Gh'ers/Mods involved, we need, in the light of new promotions, a new structure ?
    May I suggest a time based structure where-as a particular moderator can only post a number of times in a certain time frame as to give the GH'ers a time to "Battle" with them ?
    This would make it very interesting and also keep them "on their toes" !!
    Just a suggestion..lol
    ~SP~
    Oh, this is about the opposite idea that I had about a month ago. Sounds interesting, but I will have to defer to Yvonne and Adventure

Strange as Angels, Dancing in the Deepest Oceans

Comment

Yes this does sound interesting but there have been plenty of times that the members could get high without a Mod stopping them. I must say that it has never bothered me to be in a one on one fight with a Mod. I had a few very nice confersations back then.
      Lately the thread has been visited by Mods only, occasionally stopped by OscarW, because there aren't enough members that play the game so it should be a 2 way street, I think. (do I make any sense??)
      Or we start a completly new game, Members vs Staff but either way, we have to get more members on these threads to make it work.
      From now on, this is how it is going to be, just her and me
      sigpic

Comment

Yes, that makes sense, and I agree you with.
        It will get in balance as soon as more members start to play this forum game.

If anyone has a different opinion or idea, please don't hesitate to post it.
        Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Great to see some feedback
          I can always try to "Rally" some new members to revive this, as I feel it is a thread well worth it

Comment

I couldn't agree more. If you read back on the thread you can see how slow it has been since you left and tipper and I joined the Mods.
            Does this mean that you have more time to be here on GH??
            From now on, this is how it is going to be, just her and me
            sigpic

Comment

If we are going to do this, we'll need some sort of a schedule of which moderator will be the opponent of the members. And how are we going to count, in the Boys vs Girls i sometime get the warning that there was posted a identical post in the previous 5 minutes. Not to mention the 15 second posting window. Will there be a winner declared? Will there be marks for originality? Points for funny remarks or posted pictures? Secret Pirate mentioned the humour involved in the thread.

Comment

Just for the clarification, we are not going to change the rules of the existing thead "count before the staff posts"
                But if you and Secret Pirate, or your alone, can come up with a brand new forum game that has clear rules and is not too complicated, live yourselves out and post!

Keep in mind the moderation still have to approve it first, so work it out well.

As far for the schedule of which moderator will be the opponent of the members, that likely will not work, because not all moderators are around on frequent basis and sometimes a moderator will not be around for many months.
                Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yvonne View Post
                  Does this mean that you have more time to be here on GH??
                  Unfortunately not
                  School is taking up most of my time and also student representative responsibilities along with my being nominated for the student Govenor position
                  I'll be here when I can tho

Comment

Working...
                  X