Hermit Crabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hermit Crabs

I just decided to make this thread because I have my hermit crabs, Sharkie, Rockie, and Cheese with me. Sharkie is in a... shark shell. They are very fun pets. Post if you have them for pets, or know anyone who does, or just want to talk about them! They are not as gross as most people think.

September 19, 2006. Herman is dead. I found him laying there and I wondered what he was doing, and when I picked him up he flopped out of his shell. We'll miss you Herman.
    Last edited by Vault; 09-19-2006, 23:57:52.

I had a hermit crab a few years back. He lived quite a long time and was very friendly. Not at all shy. His name was Herman too! (Herman the Hermit Crab!) I miss him.

Comment

I guess Herman must be a very common name for hermit crabs, it just matches perfectly . I have had mine for only two months. But they are still fun

Comment

Ya, I had Herman about 3 1/2 years. I won him at my local fair. He wasn't afraid to pop out of his shell and say hi. He would walk on me. Problem that I had, was no matter what size shells I gave him, he wouldn't leave the one he was living in. I think that was the problem in the end. He wouldn't move out of his shell to a more appropriate sized one. But he was a good little guy!

Comment

My herman changed shells in the first week I bought him. He is a bit shy, and doesnt always like to come out of his shell, but he's nice. Sharkie on the other hand, is the most hyperactive little thing I have ever seen. He just runs and runs and runs and climbs and runs. I saw him hanging from the little air vents on the roof of his cage once!

Comment

Too cute! Do you have a little fake tree thingy inside the cage that he can climb on? They also love things to hide in like hollowed our coconut shells and things.

Comment

I have some netting, a hut that looks like half of a hollowed out coconut, and a few other assorted things. My favorite thing is that the sand and the hut is HOT PINK!

Comment

Cute! I bet Sharky and Herman are glad they went to a good home!!! What made you decide to buy hermit crabs?

Comment

Heres the story (i'm only thirteen)
                  Me and my mom were at the mall. My mom suddenly had to go to the bathroom while we were at the dvd store, so she runs to the bathroom and tells me to stay there. I, of course, dont stay there and I go to the kiosk right next to it. I see they are selling hermit crabs. I saw hundreds of hermit crabs, big and small, all running around in this little fake island. I thought it was soooooo cool, and I eventually persuaded my mom to buy one. Then about a week later, herman was showing signs of stress (he didnt want to come out of his shell, and he lost his bigger claw) and we went to buy a buddy for him to play with. We bought sharkie and he stopped hiding and his claw eventually grew back.

Comment

Wow! Cool! We have a kiosk that sells Hermit Crabs in our mall, too. Some have super bright shells and some are more normall looking. I'm so glad that Herman's claw grew back...poor thing. Again, it's a good thing those two went to a good home (and that your mom was desperate for a restroom!)

Comment

I guess he just got scared of being in a new home. I'm so lucky my mom had beans for dinner last night!

Comment

Ha, ha, ha! LOL. You're funny!

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Pics

Here are some pics of them...

http://www.repticzone.com/photogalle...mitCrabs1.html

Comment

where I live, hermit crabs are sold to bennys, I used to have 2 and my sis had 1, but they died, my 2 ended up as es cargo
                              I'm back, but for how long? Meeting someone from the past is just one of the great parts of life, isn't?

I Don't Do Crazy, I Perfer Sanity Challenged

I'm not like crazy people, I just hang out and act like them ^^

Comment

Working...
                              X