No announcement yet.

Vegetarian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat contains essential amino acids that come from meat only. They are the building blocks of life. I checked the AMA and other similar medical websites and they stated you can live healthy on veg diet providing you take a LOT of vitamin K or you will die. Any diet that requires copious amounts of vitamin K to prevent death can't be a healthy one. I would also like to point out that we are hunters by nature, we were made that way. We're not herbivores or carnivores, we're omnivores. The fact that you eat things that "taste" just like meat proves my point. You crave it. Your body is telling you you need it. It's like when you have small children or are pregnant, the doctor will ask you strange things like do you eat paint chips or ashes. Each strange thing you eat or crave means something in particular is missing from your diet like iron etc. From my medical classes I have learned that you only need 4 oz of meat per day. That's about what you get in a happy meal. Not a whole lot. Don't eat meat with every meal and don't eat a lot of red meat. I like the asian way of thinking, meat is a side dish, not a main dish. They say americans stink of meat, that's because they eat far too much of it.

**I found here a post from somebody on another site, I really like his point of view and totally agree with it. Keep in mind he's french speaking so don't let the bad grammar and typos throw you off.

http://mix.epicfu.com/forum/topic/sh...Topic%3A103051
    Last edited by Rhiannann; 03-18-2008, 00:18:49.
    sigpic

Loki, God of destruction

Comment

trueee
      Da pudding turtle fanatic
      Da PM spammers's fanatic
      THE ONE WHO LIVES IN PUDDING

I am the loony bin chip eater
      GFARDTO Chip eater
      WOO SITE! http://gamesrfun.smfforfree4.com/index.php
      AYUH!
      ( )_( )
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

R.I.P Kairi the guinea pig and Helena the rat
      Online family: Sister: Super_T.
      Brothers: Hugo_smith and awesomeman

Comment

Consider me a veggie.
        I honestly don't see what's so great about meat; I've eaten it before, and it never really appealed to me.
        sigpic
        "キン肉マンは永遠だ"

Soda Beverage of the Looney Bin

Comment

I've been a Veggie my whole life, and the main reasons I stayed one is because;

Most meat is from an animal kept in poor conditions
          I love animals
          Vegetarians live longer than meat-eaters
          And so on.

I won't expect anyone to change from a personal opinion, but I hope some people will consider becoming a Vegetarian.
          Ghost member of GFARDTO

Online Family

Sisters - Super T and Humphryboop
          Brother - Awsomeman

Sanity is futile...So be LOONEY!

Ghost of the Loonies

Comment

Do any of you Veggies have kids? Do you raise them Veggie, too? Just curious...
            A woman has the last word in any argument.
            Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

sigpic I LOVE COWBOYS!

Comment

I'm not exactly old enough to have kids, but I was born 100% Vegetarian, and my mum and dad never force me to eat veggie things, they let me eat what I want.
              But I chose to be a Vegefreak
              Ghost member of GFARDTO

Online Family

Brother - Awsomeman

Ghost of the Loonies

Comment

So, what if you have a kid (when you're old enough) that wants to be a omnivore?
                A woman has the last word in any argument.
                Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

sigpic I LOVE COWBOYS!

Comment

Then I'll let let them.
                  I'm happy with anything really.
                  Ghost member of GFARDTO

Online Family

Brother - Awsomeman

Ghost of the Loonies

Comment

I tried being a vegetarian but when my mom started cooking my favorite meat foods I couldn't resist
                    Thank you Gamershood forum for teaching me proper English without realizing it.

Comment

no thx meat for me
                      sigpic

Comment

I think we should all do what feels right for us.
                        For me that is eating meat or fish
                        From now on, this is how it is going to be, just her and me
                        sigpic

Comment

We have a couple of veggie friends,they love my guacamole,green chile cheese enchiladas,chile rellenos & black beans.None of which are vegetarian by design,just happened that way.
                          Should you come to one of my parties there will be little in the way of meatless food.
                          "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                          X