No announcement yet.

New site feedback or problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just run a few tests and it indeed works perfectly now. Thank you very much again, GamersHood.
    Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

I would love a word game category. I love those games and there are a ton of them out there..but then again that is just me

Thanks guys!!
      Last edited by SoarHighBeFree; 11-08-2007, 04:22:44.
      Hope
      Pray
      Dream
      For This One Day You Have Been Given.

Comment

Hi SoarHighBeFree,
        Thanks for your suggestion
        A new category Word Games has been added to gamershood.com (along with the new category Strategy Games), however it will take some time to move all relevant games there, and to do the necessary modifications on the forum

Comment

The new subforums subthreads (w/e you would call them)

they have been broken down into different categories which i think could be good if you click on one you won't have to go back 10 or more pages to see what Forum Games have available. but anyway i guess this is just an opinion instead of Feedback... can be both lol i'm feeding back my thoughts

i've only posted a few times since it changed just because i haven't been around or not in the posting mood, but anyway i'm going to prob try it now and give it a go and tally ho......

Comment

Thanks for your feedback gh1

We had the feeling that it has become difficult to keep an overview over all the forum games. We hope that with splitting them up into different categories, it will be easier. But we also know that it takes some time to get used to such changes

We are also planning to split up some other subforums with numerous threads for the same reason very soon

(Btw, you can read our announcement here http://gamershood.com/forum/announcement.php?f=35)

Comment

yes the splitting was a good idea im able to do things alot faster but i still have problems finding somethings i guess it is because i beleive they should be under a different catagory but that isnt really my choice now is it lol (but other than like three things the things are much easier to use great updates and changes)
              sigpic

Comment

I'd just like to express my concern with the new general chat subforums, Sure doing it with the games was great but with this general chat thing I can't find ANYTHING! It makes it look so messy and I just have issues finding what I want and it makes me so frusterated , good work with the forum games though

Comment

Hi Heart, I can imagine your frustration. Every time there are bigger changes on the forums, everyone needs to get used to them - not only members but also mods.

The reason why the chat section has been re-organized is that there were many pages of threads, and usually the first 2 pages caught attention, and others were neglected.
                  The systematic has been made as logical as possible, and the categories make sense. The categories are meant to help find topics better, but of course for long-time members it's a huge change, and also a challenge to orientate themselves until they get used to it.

Now:
                  What would help you to find threads better?
                  Would it help to have a sort of "Table of Contents" of all subcategories and threads in them at the top of the Chat Section?

Comment

I get why they were organized as some threads were dieing out and such, but perhaps you could merge some as the catergories are pretty much useless with only a few threads each,

The Welcome & Bye, and Holiday & Celebrations I think are fine to keep apart as it makes sense, I found the Chat and About members subforums are also okay, everything else though has so little threads in it I think it would be better merged under one subforum, (Maybe even titled 'Everything Else')

I don't really think there's much to do for the finding as the search feature is pretty simple to use I just prefer it when there's three or four pages of threads in a subforum, that way I can easily flip the page to check if the thread I wanted is there

Comment

I see
                      Well, you are right that currently some subforums have only a few threads, but since this is a continually growing forum, we expect to have more and more chat threads, too.
                      And to re-organize them at a later time when we have 50-100 more chat threads, would have been just an even bigger work. If we had left now "everything else", then we'd have to subdivide it maybe in 6-12 months, causing another wave of frustrated loss of orientation.
                      And having many pages with threads, was messy, and would have grown even more messy over time.
                      This is why we have thought it would be better to bring it all behind us at once.

If you can think of any help for better orientation, don't hesitate to post about your ideas, so that we can check them

Comment

Ah I get your point Well thanks for considering it , it probably won't take long to get familliar with the system anyways

Comment

I'm really sorry for your frustration Heart
                          I know that getting used to the new structure isn't easy - for me neither btw, but I still strongly believe that it was necessary.
                          I hope that you and everyone else will get used to it quickly

And as I said, if there is anything we can do to make the transition phase easier, we'd be happy to know about it

Comment

I'm having problems logging off. Log out twice and i'm still logged in.

Logged off once more after this message to no avail.
                            Last edited by OscarW; 07-25-2010, 21:12:50.

Comment

Thanks, going to test it.

If you need to log out, clear your cookies, that should log you out. As a temporary solution.

EDIT
                              I've just checked and I can log out.

Please clear your cookies.
                              Then if you get logged out, try to log in and out. Let us know if the problem remains

Comment

That did the trick, oh thank you, oh alien one.

Comment

Working...
                                X