Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New site feedback or problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistery
    No Adventure, GamersHood is still working on it. Please have some more patience
    :-)

Do you mean quoting only in chit chat thread or in general?
    1) Of course I have patience, I only thought I was the only one who had still problems with it.
    2) I mean quoting in chit chat, but the problem is solved now.

@Gamershood: Good work!
    Faily of Kzin

Careful: I'm that bump underneath your rug.

Thumbs up Awesome!

I love the upgrades! It's a lot of work you put in GamersHood to make all those styles work! They all look great! I especially like the paperClip one (cuz it's quite girly~n~pink like me)!
    Seeking Where My Alien & Mysterious Sis Has gone???
    Looney GHer!

Since the update I experience problems with the intern searching engine of GH forums.

E.g. if I am searching in the thread “locked in a hotel during a storm” using the keyword “dancing” I only get two pages of post results of the last two days, however this thread has a history of moths with dancing. The same if I use the keyword “wedding” in the thread “chit chat 2” I get only results of a few hours ago, the same if I search with “darknight”. Searching with the keyword “crazy” gives me only 22 results, the oldest result is from 2 days ago. Searching with the keywords “lilli” gives me 4 pages of results, the oldest is from 2 days ago. Searching with the keyword “lili” give me 26 results, the oldest is from February this year. But if I search with the keyword “mystery” or “mistery” I get all the results. I don’t see any logic pattern or anything but I know I am not getting a full rapport of results when I search with some keywords.

Another example if search in the forum “room escape” with the keyword “dailion” to find the thread “dailion tower” I get no results also the word “tower” give no results. Also solo, sphere, ugly, crimson, office, transaction, cannibal aren’t delivering any result. But also this isn’t consequent. Other keywords like e.g. escape, series, fish, coffee, quest, bomb, city aren’t a problem to find threads. One last example. If I search through all the forums using the keyword “wogger” I only get the game thread “wogger x-mass”. I know I searched a month ago with the exact same method and that I got both the threads of wogger.

I know the search engine is not perfect. But since the update I get so much of these kind of errors. Just too much. I never had this in such a large amount of failures before the update. Only now and then a not too common or too short keyword couldn’t not be recognized by the search engine, however this keyword was definitive a part of the name of a game thread.

I don’t know what is going on, but the searching engine surely doesn’t seem to work as it should.
    Last edited by Adventure; 03-30-2007 at 22:27:13.
    Faily of Kzin

@Adventure, Yeah i had this problem too..
    And some letters are disapearing in da signatures...

The search engine shoule be fine now. I forgot to update some things after the upgrade few days ago

He who fights and runs away can run away another day.

I just run a few tests and it indeed works perfectly now. Thank you very much again, GamersHood.
    Faily of Kzin

I would love a word game category. I love those games and there are a ton of them out there..but then again that is just me

Thanks guys!!
    Last edited by SoarHighBeFree; 11-08-2007 at 05:22:44.
    Hope
    Pray
    Dream
    For This One Day You Have Been Given.

Hi SoarHighBeFree,
    Thanks for your suggestion
    A new category Word Games has been added to gamershood.com (along with the new category Strategy Games), however it will take some time to move all relevant games there, and to do the necessary modifications on the forum

Banned

The new subforums subthreads (w/e you would call them)

they have been broken down into different categories which i think could be good if you click on one you won't have to go back 10 or more pages to see what Forum Games have available. but anyway i guess this is just an opinion instead of Feedback... can be both lol i'm feeding back my thoughts

i've only posted a few times since it changed just because i haven't been around or not in the posting mood, but anyway i'm going to prob try it now and give it a go and tally ho......

Thanks for your feedback gh1

We had the feeling that it has become difficult to keep an overview over all the forum games. We hope that with splitting them up into different categories, it will be easier. But we also know that it takes some time to get used to such changes

We are also planning to split up some other subforums with numerous threads for the same reason very soon

(Btw, you can read our announcement here http://gamershood.com/forum/announcement.php?f=35)