X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved Oscar

You're most welcome

Comment

I have a little suggestion, not sure if it is possible or not. How about some sort of icon that users can mark threads with as read (i.e. I just played a game and would like to mark it as played) so absent minded people like me can tell if they already played a game or not. I see there is an icon there for if you posted in a thread, I`d personally rather not post in every single game I play so I can see the different colored icon to know what game I already played. Does this make any sense lol? If there is a way to already do this please educate me! Thanks so much! By the way, I love the new look of the forums, well done.

Comment

Thanks and that's a great idea. Especially for folks who might not be able to visit reguarly but are loyal when they get online access.

Comment

Thanks RBS! I am back, so much to do and see here yaaaay! That little suggestion would be fabulous though

Comment

Originally posted by Kahnescanuck View Post
            I have a little suggestion, not sure if it is possible or not. How about some sort of icon that users can mark threads with as read (i.e. I just played a game and would like to mark it as played) so absent minded people like me can tell if they already played a game or not. I see there is an icon there for if you posted in a thread, I`d personally rather not post in every single game I play so I can see the different colored icon to know what game I already played. Does this make any sense lol? If there is a way to already do this please educate me! Thanks so much! By the way, I love the new look of the forums, well done.
            Any thoughts on this possibility? Noticed I said some sort of icon to mark threads as read but I meant an icon to show games already played in the original post. Thanks!

Comment

I see what you mean, I use "New Posts" often, and if a there is a new post in a thread that is unread, that thread will be in bold. But in the general forum they are not. If is an option, it would be a vBulletin feature we would have to unlock. And, I am also thinking that it would need to be a personal option. I will put your idea to the Mod's, and see if anyone has ideas

Strange as Angels, Dancing in the Deepest Oceans

Comment

Thanks Tipper, that would be fabulous!

Comment

Hi Kahnescanuck, just a quick update. We looked around on the vBulletin forums and organization to see if there was any add-on or hack that would allow members to individual mark threads, but we couldn't find any. We are busy with an alternative option and however it looked good at first sight it isn't perfect.

What we did is switching to a different kind of thread marking. At first it was cookie based and as soon as you logged out or timed out all threads were automatically marked as being read. With this new thread marking threads won't be marked read until you actually looked at the thread. This looked ideal only when you looked at a game thread but hadn't played the game yet is would be marked read and you still can't see accurately what games you played or not. What we would suggest in these cases to subscribe to these game threads so you will have a list of threads with games you still want to play. That way your list of subscribed threads and the threads that are marked unread will be an accurate overview of games you haven't played.
                  And now comes the but.. it appears that the tab What's New only shows the latest 150 threads you haven't viewed yet. We are not sure if we can increase this amount or set it to indefinitely. It also seems that threads with their latest post being older than 7 days are automatically marked read. We are going to look into these issues this weekend but we can't guarantee that we find solutions and even when we find solutions it could take some time to implement it. Nevertheless we are going to do our best and will give you an update next Monday at latest.

P.S. If you want to see a list of ALL the new threads and ALL the threads with new posts, ALSO the ones you already looked at, then use the option Active Topics in the menu bar (on top of the page, just below the banner). Because since a few days What's New only shows the threads with posts that are personally new to you.
                  Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Yesterday I submitted a thread and it disappeared
                    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=nl
                    Thanks to Google you can see for yourself but I can't find it anymore.

Comment

Hi OscarW,

the thread was already here

So the repost was removed.

A student who changes the course of history is probably taking an exam.

As long as the answer is right, who cares if the question is wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Kzin View Post
                        Hi OscarW,

the thread was already here

So the repost was removed.

No it wasn't , I was first by 11 minutes look at the thread number mine was 53411 and OB's was 53412.

Comment

Okay will look into it

Seems there was a glitch. If you make a new thread I will remove Old Bikers and copy the post to your thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Kzin View Post
                            Okay will look into it

Seems there was a glitch. If you make a new thread I will remove Old Bikers and copy the post to your thread.
                            Thank you Kzin, i made a new thread.
                            http://www.gamershood.com/forum/show...41#post1174041
                            I'm glad this has been resolved

Comment

I'm new to this, but how long does it take for a post to get approved?

I wish there was some way to view a post pending for moderator approval. I just did my first post not too long ago and it feels like it's gone. However, it did say pending approval. Is there someway to view my post that I don't know of? Thanks!
                              Last edited by Kzin; 07-31-2015, 08:33:35. Reason: Moved post here and merged it.

Comment

Hi, there is no way for you to view it. It is currently awaiting approval.

Comment

Working...
                                X