X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philosophy (Q's of life)

ive always wanted to know a bunch of things:

- What is the meaning of life?

- Does space go on forever? and if it does how can it everything comes to an end?

- Where did we come from?

- Where are we going in life?

- What happens when you die?

If u have Q's post em and try to answer em

I don’t have the answers to that questions, but I will try to answer them anyway.

- What is the meaning of life?

There’s no general meaning of life. We all just exist if we like it or not. The only meaning of life is what you lay in it. Just follow your heart and listen to your mind, figure out what’s really good and wrong and try to be a good person for good people and very important have fun in the mean time. Just don’t do things which doesn’t feel good to yourself or to others, unless they really deserve it.

(OMG I feel like a really bad preacher. ).

- Does space go on forever? and if it does how can it everything comes to an end?

No space doesn’t go on forever, however it’s expanding. The main question is: if space has and end or borders if you prefer, what’s behind those borders?

- Where did we come from?

Ask your biology teacher (evolution, genetics, reproduction).

- Where are we going in life?

Everyone choose his own pad and there’s no way back. In the end we all die.

- What happens when you die?

Nobody can answer that, however energy never disappears.
    Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

i agree wid adventure,i might put the answers in a different way but im too lazy to do that right now.
      If cancer is our love, then I hope you don’t have the technology of chemotherapy.

Comment

I think those questions aren't questions that you can ask someone else to answer...it's something that you have to understand by yourself while you're getting older.
        About those questions about the space or where we come from, those are questions that other people can answer you...because, normally, it's the same for everybody, but the questions «What is the meaning of life?»; «Where are we going in life?» are questions that you cannot ask someone else to answer.
        It's a question that only you can answer, nobody else. You can think that the meaning of your life is one thing, and your best friend (for example) thinks that the meaning of his life is another completely different thing. This can even happen between twins...they can look like you, have the same skills you do, even like the same stuff, but they never think like you.
        That question about what happens when you die is a question 'related' to what you believe; the ones that believe in God, or are religious believe that we go to heaven, or maybe hell. But there are people that don't believe in God, and those can have completely different answers...
        Going on a trip around the universe on a convertible

Comment

I am one of those people who have recently stopped believing in god due to no external reason.
          And when i think what would happen when i die,i the answer i get from myself is very heart breaking and depressing.
          When we die,nothing happens..............we just die...........thats it.
          THATS IT.THE END. Nothing,its like ur existance is totalllllly finish,no more of u.
          Ur nothing,u cant think,cant live , nooooooothinnnnnnnnng.
          People who love us cry for a while and then they get on with there lives and someday then will die also.
          When we die,everything is lost about us,there is no more us,cuz we are dead.
          Think about this for a bit and u would feel different.
          If cancer is our love, then I hope you don’t have the technology of chemotherapy.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
            I am one of those people who have recently stopped believing in god due to no external reason.
            And when i think what would happen when i die,i the answer i get from myself is very heart breaking and depressing.
            When we die,nothing happens..............we just die...........thats it.
            THATS IT.THE END. Nothing,its like ur existance is totalllllly finish,no more of u.
            Ur nothing,u cant think,cant live , nooooooothinnnnnnnnng.
            People who love us cry for a while and then they get on with there lives and someday then will die also.
            When we die,everything is lost about us,there is no more us,cuz we are dead.
            Think about this for a bit and u would feel different.
            I also stopped believing in God...I don't know why, but when I go to church, I just can't believe what they're saying...
            And what you think about death is, in a certain way, the same way I think about it...
            We just go *puuufff* and...well...we no longer exist...
            In the church they say that suicide is...is...(what's the word, what's the word...)...they say that we shouldn't do it, because we hurt other people, the people that love us will be sad, and we'll make them suffer, and that we should go to hell because of it... I just don't believe it...
            If someone commits suicide, it's because they no longer have anything to believe, no one to love, no one to hate...where's just nothing...So there's no one to hurt...nobody will cry for us...nobody will miss us...
            If we wont hurt anybody when we commit suicide, why should we go to hell?...
            Going on a trip around the universe on a convertible

Comment

I am a Christian (i don;t think anyone has picked up in that fact, yet) and I disagree. There si much after you die. Dying is not the end.

A Little Ferret Thief
              OLGM Lilliput, OLM Escapegirl, OLD Darknight and OLB George
              Member of GFARDTO and the Looney Bin
              OHOHOH!! Check it out:
              My city: http://taesana.myminicity.com/
              Pretty Please!!!!! Please, please, please!!! I'll even beg *gets on knees*

Comment

hmm this is different from the philosophy i've learned until now, but the questions are good, when i've got the time i'll try to answer them. But everybody has to know, these answers aren't answers, they're individual interpretations of life. What I mean is that they are your own opinion on life/death. You actually can't argue about them, well, you can, but it will never be useful, that's the same as arguing about wether red is a nice color or not.
                Dream as if you'll Live forever, Live as if you'll Die today

Ubi Gamershood, Caritas et Amor ibi est

Member of CST-Experiments team: Science Stable Supervisor !

With online mom Lilli and sisters EscapeGirl and Doglover!

Comment

Well correct an incorrect since there is only one life and many ways to interpert it. You only live once

A Little Ferret Thief
                  OHOHOH!! Check it out:

Comment

Well, yeah, there is only one life, but that life is yours, so you can interpert it the way yóu want

Comment

But soem ways are worse thatn other of course.

A Little Ferret Thief
                      OHOHOH!! Check it out:

Comment

A kind of dull answer, but the meaning of life (according to me, anyway) is..... to reproduce. All living organisms need to reproduce to ensure the survival of their species and to make sure that their genes are passed down through the generations.

"What happens when we die?"- I agree with Maniac in that there is nothing when we die. I think that death is the end and we do not experience anything afterwards. I myself do not fear death as every living thing dies eventually.

I hope I haven't made you depressed or anything now. These are just my views.
                        "THEY MISUNDERESTIMATED ME" (George W. Bush)

Good Handkerchiefs Pelt Old Ladies In Car Engines, Often Fighting Fireman's Ice-Carrying Enlarged Rodents!!!

Member of the Looney Bin Fan Club!!!

Themepark's Long Lost Son????!!!!????

Comment

Originally posted by Jess
                          But soem ways are worse thatn other of course.
                          But also that is just an interpretation of a person and not a fact. That it the problems with these questions about life and dead, good and wrong. There is no scientific proof, but we have these questions, so we fill them in to our standards, thoughts and believes. It?s just your perception of life and what you do with it. The more minds thinks alike, how greater the power is of their believe.

About the question is there life after dead. To be honest I think not, but how can I be certain, I don?t have proof for it. It only sounds very unlikely to me that there?s some other world after we die. And if there?s, I don?t think you will conscious there, so you won?t even realize it.
                          But this is only how I see it and think of it.
                          Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

I'm going way too philosophic i guess, but I wanna try and tell you something about the philosophers from the Roman period. Maybe some already know this, maybe some don't.

I'm not sure how to translate 'zijnde'. It's something like 'being' but not in the way of a person 'being' something. It's just a word for everything that you can see, touch, feel etc.
                            Heraclitus was a man who believed that being streamed. His most famous 'saying' was: 'Panta rei' that means: 'Everything streams'. He compared life with a river. You can't step into a river twice, because then already the water you have stepped in, has streamed away and you step into other water, so that's not the same river as before. He also said that if you look at something, it is excactly what you see. If it moves, then it really does move. That's the difference between him and Parminedes.

Parminedes believed the being is not. He believes everything you see, hear, touch, feel etc. is not really what you see. Everything you sense is not true. He believed that the being can't stream, because it is not. He believes the being can't transform, because it is not. It's pretty hard to explain, but I kinda get what he thought, though i don't agree with it.

Democritus was way ahead of his time. He already thought things were build with atoms. Those atoms couldn't transform or move. But the mistake he made was that he thought that hard things were build with sharp-edged atoms and liquids were build with round, smaller atoms and a soul was build with round, very small, almost non-existing atoms. That's not true, ofcourse.

Pythagoras, you all must've heard from him, believed the being was build with numbers. He figured out that the length of a string had something to do with the tone. He thought everything existed out of numbers.

And there are lots and lots of greek philosophers who thought about that being in a different way.

What i tried to explain, is that even back then, they thought about life, death and being different. So there will never be a good answer for the questions. Everyone will look at it in a different way. I'm not trying to insult the thread-starte, but I don't think there are answers to the questions, so trying to get an answer is kinda useless. But i think this thread is a good idea, because it makes you think about life and that's good, every once in a while

Comment

whoa,we have a couple of scientists here.
                              Cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X