No announcement yet.

Philosophy (Q's of life)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Maniac: lol, not scientists, I know this cuz i have a subject called KCV at school, that stands for Klassieke Culturele Vorming, that means something like Classical Cultural 'somethin' (dunno what that last one means in english). And I had a test on philosophy lately, so i had ta learn it, and i liked it pretty much. And i have to make a newspaper with my friend on a famous philosopher. So that's kinda why i know something about it
    Dream as if you'll Live forever, Live as if you'll Die today

Ubi Gamershood, Caritas et Amor ibi est

Member of CST-Experiments team: Science Stable Supervisor !

With online mom Lilli and sisters EscapeGirl and Doglover!

Comment

Life can be compared to a computer game...
      There are always the enemies that we have to avoid. We have to find out who is a good and who is bad...it's hard, and we only know that after a long time...
      There are also the paths that we have to follow...and an ending...
      Though, there are some differences...
      In real life, we always have to choose very well the paths that we need to follow to reach the end, since there's no way back...People normally want a second change, more time to give it another try, unfortunately, things don't work like that, and we have to stick around in the reality and don't fall in our own dreams and hopes. It's a sad thing though..
      When we play a computer game, there is normally that option called "Save/Load", that way we can save our game, and, later, we go there and continue playing our game. How cool would it be if that option really existed in real life? Everytime something is going wrong, we simply have to click the button and then, some days, weeks, months or even years later, when we are feeling completely ready to face the problem, we click the button and 'taddan', our life is back and we can handle everything again...
      It's not that good though, people would stop facing their problems, and soon the world would be all full of cowards that were just too chicken to face their own problems...
      Going on a trip around the universe on a convertible

Comment

Now THAT way of seeing life I can relate to!
        Intelligent Supporter, Unimportant Sir ThemePark, Advanced Intelligence Robot & Son

We take care of all your robot needs.
        - If your harddrive crashes?

Call Backup.
        Or see Upstairs.

- If you need to get something copied?

Go see Neko, the copycat.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
          I am one of those people who have recently stopped believing in god due to no external reason.
          And when i think what would happen when i die,i the answer i get from myself is very heart breaking and depressing.
          When we die,nothing happens..............we just die...........thats it.
          THATS IT.THE END. Nothing,its like ur existance is totalllllly finish,no more of u.
          Ur nothing,u cant think,cant live , nooooooothinnnnnnnnng.
          People who love us cry for a while and then they get on with there lives and someday then will die also.
          When we die,everything is lost about us,there is no more us,cuz we are dead.
          Think about this for a bit and u would feel different.
          I've been thinking of this since I've been very little, since I grew up in a none-christian home. I've come to the conclusion that ofcourse it's weird how we can just cease to exist, but still... I'm not afraid, because if I don't exist, I can't feel a thing and I'll have nothing to fear. Besides; isn't it as weird how we just start existing?
          Last edited by SimplyCrazy; 12-24-2006, 16:01:52.

Erh, hi guys! Long time no see

SnoedaIva is my GHFGNP Ik mis jou

*Crash* is the name of my cpu

Divorcee of Hitman, and the #1 GH-night owl

Insecurity is my worst enemy

Comment

omg simply crazy,do u have msn,i feel this cool wave bw us.
            If cancer is our love, then I hope you don’t have the technology of chemotherapy.

Comment

Sure ragnes_7@hotmail.com

Erh, hi guys! Long time no see

SnoedaIva is my GHFGNP Ik mis jou

*Crash* is the name of my cpu

Divorcee of Hitman, and the #1 GH-night owl

Insecurity is my worst enemy

Comment

Hey there!
                Nice Thread but I don't think you should concern your self with those questions yet, there is still plenty time left, here a little advicy: Don't concern your self with such things, have fun while you're young and when you grow older you will see,everything will change
                Happy endings are just unfinished stories...

PandaMan

Elite member of the Looney Bin with ex wife "SimplyCrazy" and on-line kids "Wirodeu, Bread ...and Rannei"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by doglover
                  Life can be compared to a computer game...
                  There are always the enemies that we have to avoid. We have to find out who is a good and who is bad...it's hard, and we only know that after a long time...
                  There are also the paths that we have to follow...and an ending...
                  Though, there are some differences...
                  In real life, we always have to choose very well the paths that we need to follow to reach the end, since there's no way back...People normally want a second change, more time to give it another try, unfortunately, things don't work like that, and we have to stick around in the reality and don't fall in our own dreams and hopes. It's a sad thing though..
                  When we play a computer game, there is normally that option called "Save/Load", that way we can save our game, and, later, we go there and continue playing our game. How cool would it be if that option really existed in real life? Everytime something is going wrong, we simply have to click the button and then, some days, weeks, months or even years later, when we are feeling completely ready to face the problem, we click the button and 'taddan', our life is back and we can handle everything again...
                  It's not that good though, people would stop facing their problems, and soon the world would be all full of cowards that were just too chicken to face their own problems...
                  that is a nice view and one we can all probably relate to

Originally posted by Maniac
                  I am one of those people who have recently stopped believing in god due to no external reason.
                  And when i think what would happen when i die,i the answer i get from myself is very heart breaking and depressing.
                  When we die,nothing happens..............we just die...........thats it.
                  THATS IT.THE END. Nothing,its like ur existance is totalllllly finish,no more of u.
                  Ur nothing,u cant think,cant live , nooooooothinnnnnnnnng.
                  People who love us cry for a while and then they get on with there lives and someday then will die also.
                  When we die,everything is lost about us,there is no more us,cuz we are dead.
                  Think about this for a bit and u would feel different.
                  i dont believe in that because think about it ur always u like grr its hard to explain but when u die do u just stop thinking or do u know whats going on and if so then how do u continue to be you? its hard to explain sorry if u dont get it
                  also i hope you turn around and start believining god again

Originally posted by Adventure
                  I don’t have the answers to that questions, but I will try to answer them anyway.

- What is the meaning of life?

There’s no general meaning of life. We all just exist if we like it or not. The only meaning of life is what you lay in it. Just follow your heart and listen to your mind, figure out what’s really good and wrong and try to be a good person for good people and very important have fun in the mean time. Just don’t do things which doesn’t feel good to yourself or to others, unless they really deserve it.

(OMG I feel like a really bad preacher. ).

- Does space go on forever? and if it does how can it everything comes to an end?

No space doesn’t go on forever, however it’s expanding. The main question is: if space has and end or borders if you prefer, what’s behind those borders?

- Where did we come from?

Ask your biology teacher (evolution, genetics, reproduction).

- Where are we going in life?

Everyone choose his own pad and there’s no way back. In the end we all die.

- What happens when you die?

Nobody can answer that, however energy never disappears.
                  i believe there is a meaning to life but we find out when we go to heaven
                  i believe that the question of space going on forever is an never ending riddle that we will never find out
                  i dont believe that science is the total reason we came from nor do i believe that god is i think its a mix of both meaning god created the genetics or cells or whatever for life and he chose a path for us to go and now we are following it
                  i agree with u sort of for the question where are we going in life
                  when we die i believe we either go to heaven or hell and if your soul cant find it you are forever bound to the earth
                  those are kinda my answers

(hee hee ive never seen one of my threads be near the top ^^)

Comment

i have a question that doesnt have to do with questions of life have you ever thought where is everyone here at gamershood going to be in 10 years i mean i might forget the site mods might leave gamershood might close down and not be popular >.< or think about 30-40 years i hate to think of what might happen to the adults on gamershood and what might happen to me! i might not be alive i mean i have a bad health record and im only 14 AHHH whats gunna happen to us all!!!! (im sorry but i always think like that)

Comment

Thats actually quite a good question. Where will we be in 10 years time and what will happen to the site. I'll have to think about that
                      sigpic

Comment

not so much what will happen to the site more of what will happen to us like will we still be here or will we leave the site or what

Comment

Originally posted by Heartofthedark
                          i have a question that doesnt have to do with questions of life have you ever thought where is everyone here at gamershood going to be in 10 years i mean i might forget the site mods might leave gamershood might close down and not be popular >.< or think about 30-40 years i hate to think of what might happen to the adults on gamershood and what might happen to me! i might not be alive i mean i have a bad health record and im only 14 AHHH whats gunna happen to us all!!!! (im sorry but i always think like that)
                          To be honest I don't really like to think about those things, I rather forget the past, life the present, and think about the future only when I need to take a very serious decision...

Comment

everything is very confusing i wonder wat the meaning of life is though
                            I have been taken to a lab. I think I have been given superpowers. I feel funny...........ughh........

My house: http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...V64104338_.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Heartofthedark
                              wow,nice question,why did u have to post it, you made me ask that question to my self too,I'll miss ya all
                              Happy endings are just unfinished stories...

PandaMan

Elite member of the Looney Bin with ex wife "SimplyCrazy" and on-line kids "Wirodeu, Bread ...and Rannei"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by awesome
                                everything is very confusing i wonder wat the meaning of life is though
                                Well, the meaning of life, just like it was said before, isn't something you can ask another person to answer you. It is something you have to find out by yourself, ya see, everyone's unique, everyone's got its own personality, I doubt that, in the whole world, you would find two people with the exact same personality. When we talk about the meaning of life, we have in consideration our life. There are no two people living the same life, it's just impossible.
                                So, when it comes to the meaning of life, you have a few ways, either you can seek the answer deep in yourself, or you can compare your opinions with other's opinions, and then get a conclusion.
                                I still don't know the meaning of life, and maybe no one really does know the meaning of life. And I don't think that you need to know the meaning of life to live, just simply live, try to make your dreams come true, try not to choose the easier ways, and, above all, remember: It's your life, not other's life.

Comment

Working...
                                X