No announcement yet.

Renaissance Kingdoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with what above person has said, but I PAID MONEY FOR ALMOST A YEAR, A LORD ALMOST FROM THE START. They still do not listen to me. Rule 12 of the forum is that you cannot criticize neither the censors, mods, or admins. Threads that do have been shut down. Both threads, one protesting the new update, and the other gathering votes, were just locked today. The voting thread gathered 81 votes that they didn't like the new forums but 8 said they did. Yet the admins still are not even debating changing all the way back--- only appeasing the members with a cheap compromise.

I NO LONGER SUPPORT THIS GAME NOR DO I DONATE/PAY MONEY FOR IT! This game was formerly good but the RP experience in it is now HORRIBLE, in my opinion. I am contemplating no longer playing it, either. If I had not made good friends on this site, I would have thrown it out the window long ago to go RP on RERPG which I find is much better for RPing even if it is modern. The Mods/admin's are terrible as above said, and will not listen, and the last two updates to the game have been hard for any country but France. The latest update is far worse then the other one, and probably is just as bad for French Rpers as any other nationality of RPers.

The update so far has not been an upgrade, but a downgrade. Any of you reading this, as I said, I do not suggest it to you anymore. T]he Admins and mods have cracked down on fun and RP, not promoted it. The update has done nothing but alienate the user base and has done nothing but cause many of us to stop donating and supporting the site through paying for tokens. I only hope that this forum is more open then the renaissance kingdoms forum, or else this thread will get shut down or this post will get deleted. I will continue to post here if it does get deleted, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by bachi View Post
      this is probably not the spot to post this but I'm new here and haven't looked around as much as I could have. I love the concept of Renaissance Kingdoms but dislike the moderators and designers. They don't listen to anything anyone says unless you've been there for 3 years or you're paying real money for lordship. I like the idea of a non war based game that never resets, has it's on active economy and you have to take care of your character every 24 hours as well as find a job to continue on in life. Does anyone know of another game like this though? I don't care if it's still in production or if it's already out I would just like to see other games like Renaissance Kingdoms but maybe with better moderators and designers.
      Try http://www.eremoyenne.fr/index.php . Set a few hundred years earlier than RK, it incorporates many ideas that weren't implemented in the other game while keeping it's most appealing ones; low maintenance (you only have to log in for five min. a day, if that's all you have), good forums (though still being fleshed out), etc.

It's also got a vastly different political system (it's trying to be a tad closer to history ), not to mention a very responsive admin.

If you decide to give it a try, feel free to list me as your sponsor

Comment

Originally posted by leanasidhe View Post
        Arcanus, if you like slash and hack war games, then there are lots of other games out there. There is no other roleplaying game like Renaissance Kingdoms. Many games claim to be "roleplaying" but they're not -- they're all based on how many clicks you can do per day. RK isn't like that and never will be.
        Hate to jump in like this, but that isn't true. If you say that the "essence" of RK is that it simulates human life, it takes very few clicks a day, the "action" is mostly forum based, and there's plenty of role-playing, then I can think of another game which exactly fits the bill. It's called Human-Age.

Comment

Help

How do you become a noble? I mean when I'm progressing through lvl 1 do you really have to complete all the requirements, before the week is over? And if your working for the church are you a monk or just a regular person?
          I mean I don't get it, can someone give me a brief summary of everything that needs critical developing.
          FEEL THE WRATH OF slowness...

Comment

The admins of this game, for the most part, do not listen to its userbase. If you have any issues to mail them about, Choup will return your mail with a nasty response. Contacting Levan and LJS are pretty much impossible, although they might pop out like it's Groundhog's Day on occasions. I'm sure they have a lot of work to do outside of dealing with questions and complaints but then they should hand those duties over people who understand the meaning of customer service. Yeah, the game is free but you can't expect people to put money into a game where they're disrespected.

Also, some members of the game take the game too seriously and personal. Sometimes you'll think you're having a role playing argument with someone, only to find they have a real life vendetta against you. And yes, there are child predators out there, but not of the sexual nature. Of the, "I need to teach someone at least half my age a lesson" predator type. So...I would certainly not recommend this game to anyone under the age of 18 or anyone who cannot deal with crazy people.

Thee in game mechanics are interesting but are only a small part of the game. The game mostly involves socializing. If you get into war or politics, it will be a gaming life full of more drama and intrigue. The members you bond with are what will keep you coming back for more, in a sadomasochistic way.

And the latest updates have ruined the game for several countries. The admins do not care.

There is another game called Secfenia, which closely follows the same model. It's fairly new. Many members of Renaissance Kingdoms are members of Secfenia and find it a relaxing escape.

If you still want to play RK anyway, they also have a game called Native Kingdoms and they are currently working on a game called Shogun Kingdoms. I think eventually the games will encompass and connect all the countries in the world.

Comment

RK it seems, has moved into a new era, that which is far more true to the fragile state of the RL 1458

With new powers rising up on a daily basis and armies of unknown size and strength littered about the land, England has become as volatile as the seas surrounding her.
              England’s King is ineffective in both her defence and in the uniting of her counties.
              In his stead is seated an equally ineffective Regent. Through no fault of the person seated there, the regency is incapable of applying any force other than to threaten to revoke land and title from England’s peerage.
              The only true power lies in that of rumour and scandal. A man may march upon countless illegally held towns and capitols, he may be victorious in all his endeavours yet should someone not like the colour of his beard then he shall be cast into the dungeons of hatred and be lashed by a thousand tongues.
              England starves while her King grows fat and her Lords and Ladies squabble over the scraps from his table.

The northern lands of Scotland nashes its teeth and bites its own tail, all the while threatening to spill its poisons into England.
              Ireland builds its ships and hoists her colours, dark flags upon the horizon, her peoples bent on revenge for their self appointed status of outcast.
              The church hides in the folds of roman robes, brandishing scrolls and shouting obscenities apparently blessed by Jah and in the name of the Inquisition.
              Promises of religious services go unfulfilled and the pious begin to lose their faith. More and more turn to the old ways, rejoicing in the carnage spreading from village to village.
              The eldest of England’s citizens give up the fight, preferring to retire to their mansion building and wine making. If ever they venture into their village taverns they are accosted by the merry making of the poor and stories are demanded of them. Stories of days gone by when the armies of the Kingdom were commanded by men of courage, not the snivelling fools who hold such office now.
              When the King would walk among the people and grant passage on his own ships to those who wished to trade in France.
              When foreign raiders were met with avenging forces, legions of men sent from every corner of the kingdom. When England was a whole and her peoples swore loyalty to their country not their shoes.
              A challenge it is to survive in this land, yet what better than such a challenge to hone ones skills in economics, politics and military tactics. Join us, we welcome you. Though do watch your step, Here be Dragons.

Comment

I think Renaissance Kingdom is great why?
                Because your success relies on ur skills and personality.Thats why i worked and created a site with tips for beginners www.squidoo.com/renaissance-kingdoms It is needed and useful because the game is so realistic that at first its difficult to understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC.someguy View Post
                  I agree with what above person has said, but I PAID MONEY FOR ALMOST A YEAR, A LORD ALMOST FROM THE START. They still do not listen to me. Rule 12 of the forum is that you cannot criticize neither the censors, mods, or admins. Threads that do have been shut down. Both threads, one protesting the new update, and the other gathering votes, were just locked today. The voting thread gathered 81 votes that they didn't like the new forums but 8 said they did. Yet the admins still are not even debating changing all the way back--- only appeasing the members with a cheap compromise.

I NO LONGER SUPPORT THIS GAME NOR DO I DONATE/PAY MONEY FOR IT! This game was formerly good but the RP experience in it is now HORRIBLE, in my opinion. I am contemplating no longer playing it, either. If I had not made good friends on this site, I would have thrown it out the window long ago to go RP on RERPG which I find is much better for RPing even if it is modern. The Mods/admin's are terrible as above said, and will not listen, and the last two updates to the game have been hard for any country but France. The latest update is far worse then the other one, and probably is just as bad for French Rpers as any other nationality of RPers.

The update so far has not been an upgrade, but a downgrade. Any of you reading this, as I said, I do not suggest it to you anymore. T]he Admins and mods have cracked down on fun and RP, not promoted it. The update has done nothing but alienate the user base and has done nothing but cause many of us to stop donating and supporting the site through paying for tokens. I only hope that this forum is more open then the renaissance kingdoms forum, or else this thread will get shut down or this post will get deleted. I will continue to post here if it does get deleted, I guess.
                  Since you said you spent money for it then you liked it.But i think criticizing posts are out of the reality of the game even though i see much discussions in the Babel Tower.But things arent as easy to change as players might think.

Comment

Working...
                  X